Map Rotations?

by rockyboy1998

Original Post

Re: Map Rotations?

★★★ Pro
@Cheese9Man Wow, its mad that people make this.

I didn't even know that was a thing.

Lucky enough I like all of the maps, it's just quite silly to come out of ranked on WE and then go into pubs on WE there's no logic.
Message 11 of 20 (338 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@rockyboy1998 I've said this before but there shouldn't be a rotation. Should just be a choice.
Message 12 of 20 (318 Views)

★★ Expert

@Lord_Scorpion34 B-b-b-b-but...what about splitting the playerbase? Your lobbies are gonna take longer to find if you let people choose what map they want to play on! (/s)

If the developers really thought a split in the player-base was a problem they'd've, I dunno, taken appropriate steps to ensure that they have a large enough playerbase to allow having a map selector. Things like, oh you know, improving server stability and performance, making improvements to or removing SBMM, improving hit-reg and net-code, listening to community feedback, communicating with the community more frequently outside of a once a month type deal, making their pricing less predatory since they have control over it and not EA, implementing beneficial changes to ranked, etc. etc.

Is this game Early Access? Is that why we don't have a bunch of QoL features that come stock with other games? 

Message 13 of 20 (310 Views)

Here we have two examples of me killing people as they fly... One was jumping off the JT.. The other was being respawned in, his teammates did not revive him.. They wanted nothing to do with me or the impending doom that was coming. Granted I was in a bit of disbelief that I landed the shot.

https://youtu.be/ts75Vrw2hxU

https://youtu.be/ts75Vrw2hxU

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 14 of 20 (297 Views)

★★★ Expert

Current rotation has issues. I've barely played Kings Canyon, even thought it got removed at one point. I think rotation times should be shorter.

On the other hand though, matches that start right before a map rotation have some issues. They start with fewer people in the queue, which means the skill level is kind of random, you can get total noobs or top preds. Sometimes there are fewer than 60 people even in the drop ship, a lot of times when getting into a match seconds before the rotation I dropped without one or both teammates and noticed other incomplete squads, as well. If a match doesn't start before the rotation, the queue resets and there's extra waiting time, which can be an issue when the average waiting time is high (due to skill level, low player population on that data center, duos mode, etc.). Shortening the rotation durations might increase the frequency of these issues.

Also, players that only like to play on one map could be affected by shorter durations. For example some only have like 1.5-2 hours available and want to spend that entirely on World's Edge to train for ranked or grind for stats in places that they know really well. A 30 minute rotation would have them spend 2 hours to have 3-5 matches with a break of an hour.

Clearly map choice would be much more convenient for us, but it would actually be very unhealthy for the game. At this point, it would be a 3 way split, which would do more than tripling the queue times (on one map it could just double or stay about the same, while on another it could increase like 10 times).

Message 15 of 20 (286 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@DoYaSeeMe Best solution:

instead of 3 single maps that you can choose from...

BAM

the duo bundle!
Olympus-World’s Edge
Olympus-King’s Canyon
King’s Canyon-World’s edge.
Olympus only

Jeez I’m smart! You have 3 bundles to pick from or the latest map which would be Olympus at this point. That way literally everybody can play the map(s) they like cause I can’t think of anybody ever saying they hated or disliked to the point of not (wanting to) play 2 of the maps.
Message 16 of 20 (273 Views)

★★ Pro
@Koochi-Q i don't like olympus because the team mates can be silly more often than not compared to worlds edge.

when i get into olympus i cant wait for it to end it seems to take a long time. i can take maybe 2 or 3 games but more than that is a chore.
Message 17 of 20 (270 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@gg123xyz Well my idea has room for crazy ppl like yourself who dislike Olympus by having the WE-KC bundle.

See, everyone is a winner with my idea
Message 18 of 20 (261 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@pastaclown I'm pretty sure this game has a larger base than BF3 did & that game had hella maps! And not only that, but you could make your own server if you paid for it! There's no way this game doesn't have at least that large of a base if not larger.
Message 19 of 20 (228 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@DarthValtrex Links are the same.
Message 20 of 20 (227 Views)