Map Marking vs. 'Q' Marker: A Request

by SterlingARCH3R

Original Post

Map Marking vs. 'Q' Marker: A Request

[ Edited ]
Champion

Right now, when you press "Q" on a given area, you can mark the spot. However, it's more-or-less useless as no one really uses it to move to that location. What's worse is that it sometimes gets in the way of what you're trying to see - if there's an enemy right there, hitting Q will only obscure the target. That said, it can be helpful if you're say a sniper and you want to know the distance to a given spot.

Regardless, it would be far better to mark a location on the map. Said location can be marked on the deploy screen and a marker can be placed. This marker can be seen on the mini and full map. It's useful if we want to mark targets for squad mates, or as a pilot to pinpoint enemy positions (e.g. AA, objectives). This is especially important for pilots because it's difficult to see targets, and one can only really see the objectives if it's marked by the squad leader. IRL, pilots and foot soldiers had physical maps that they could mark, and this would play a similar role.

Please consider adding the map marking feature. Having the option to disable the "Q" marker would be nice, too, as I only really use Q for either the commo rose or spotting in previous BF titles.

If you found this post helpful, please leave XP.
If you disagree, please leave a comment.
Either way, it helps to make the post more informative.

I like game design - from itty bitty bugs to big ideas.
I don't work for EA.

Join us on our Easter Egg hunt.
Message 1 of 3 (288 Views)

Re: Map Marking vs. 'Q' Marker: A Request

★ Guide

@SterlingARCH3RWell this new spotting system is introduced to finish blind shooting on targets in smoke, this make medics and squad mates acquire full use of smoke and revive , also new spotting system allows you to spot an area where your squad mates search for enemies rather than pin pointing enemy itself making enemy visible to every1.
Old spotting system still there by using Recon class and even using support class by fully suppressing enemy with specific trait owned by support.

Message 2 of 3 (247 Views)

Re: Map Marking vs. 'Q' Marker: A Request

Champion

@DrSargeX "new spotting system allows you to spot an area where your squad mates search for enemies rather than pin pointing enemy itself making enemy visible to every1."

In its current form, it's not being used for this purpose and no one does this naturally or from being pinged by the marker.

"Old spotting system still there by using Recon class and even using support class by fully suppressing enemy with specific trait owned by support."

I get what you're saying that there's still spotting, but it's not like the old "Q" spotting system as the "Q" isn't utilized.

If you found this post helpful, please leave XP.
If you disagree, please leave a comment.
Either way, it helps to make the post more informative.

I like game design - from itty bitty bugs to big ideas.
I don't work for EA.

Join us on our Easter Egg hunt.
Message 3 of 3 (241 Views)