Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: Man, people Love to hate

by VILE_INFECTION

Original Post

★★★★ Novice

People are bashing on the update because a lot of things that should have been in the game already are not in the game. Plus the patch introduced a lot of other problems.So instead of making a generic "Troll" like post, why don't you be a bit more specific?

Message 21 of 38 (234 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I just wanted both of my vip skins, I still have 1 out of 2.  You talk about hate?  no it's not hate, its the inability to fix, on going issues.  Yes the game needs more content, but if you can't fix persistent problems.... Peace.

Message 22 of 38 (231 Views)

★ Apprentice

@VILE_INFECTION wrote:

Anyone here still being toxic is doing it to please themselves. Everyone knows the development in this game was a disaster, and we still got a very playable (subjective) enjoyable (also subjective) game. They have worked on it and will continue to work on it despite the negativity it receives. The negative toxic posters must think that if they keep ranting about loot drops that it will get done faster, even though there were articles explaining how they were getting someone to fill in that role (lets continue to beat a dead horse, even though we know it is getting worked on, because reasons). I mean lets be for real here, the game practically holds your hand the entire gearing process, since you are guaranteed to get masterwork items. The only grind in the game is from masterwork to legendary, and people want it right the F now. Get a tissue you Fing babies, I don't give a damn.

The toxic posters belittle any improvement done to the game, even while not playing it. Let that sink in. They berate and continue to bash the developers even though we know it is getting worked on. I mean what do you need, a daily here is what we are doing currently? "Today I drew this tree for this new dungeon." How exciting...

Then you have the content come out, then they don't play it, then say it is nothing. Let that sink in too.

The toxic posters, don't play this game, yet continue to bash it.

Apparently they forgot they don't have to be here, yet here they are, being masochistic idiots. *passes tissue to the next crybaby

You have to consider the obvious here and that is the game is incomplete yet they charged full price for it as well as it appears that we have been misled to the point of no return. It still does not work on any system with consistency, I still have issues on PS4. Facts are stated about the quality of this product and it's ok to defend it for those who choose but the game is trash despite the effort put into it. Until they revamp everything and make it a game worth the money we all paid for it, it remains in the trash category .

Message 23 of 38 (204 Views)

★★ Apprentice

@Cyphronite wrote:

Did I miss something? Didn’t we just get a massive update that improves a lot in this game? 

what are all those weird haters doing in our courtyard?

anyway, I’m back to enjoying the game, give me a call when that Rant Rally is over 

TL;DR - don't have one handy, sorry!

Mob mentality and entitlement issues mostly, it seems. 

There are a few who have valid points and are just angry or disappointed at the state of the game.

But the vast majority seem to be just angry because they aren't able to speed run their way to the highest gear score faster than anyone else.

They don't offer any helpful feedback, unless you consider "loot is garbage, fix it!!!1" or "this game is trash, fix it!!!1"  as helpful... 

Probably about 90% of threads made right now are trash and basically read:

"I can't get loots fast when speedrunning the same content over and over like in every other game... this one NEEDS to be the same as those ones!

Give us more NEW and UNIQUE content that rains THE BEST LOOT at ALL times so I can hurry up and be the first one there for bragging rights and epeen status. 

Fix this broken S***stain of a game and give me what I want NAO!! Or I'm going to stop giving you money and trash talk your game until it FAILS!!!

FIX IT NAAAAOOOOOO!!!!!1"

It quite frankly feels like a toxic environment here on the forums. I've never used these forums before, I'm new here. I'm also obviously not the only one who feels this way. 

Someone can't even make a thread in order to find some common ground with another person that won't * about how much the game sucks.

Not without getting a mob jumping in to tell them that they're wrong for liking the game or having fun. That the devs are doing nothing ( and how TF would they know what's going on behind the scenes anyway?) and that WE'RE the ones deluding ourselves?!? 

Unless all of those... "gamers" ... actually played the game instead of thinking they're going to get top scrip rolls by playing GM1 SH on repeat then I'm sorry, but that lot are the deluded ones. 

I played Anthem on PS4 pretty heavily from about 2/26 to 3/30/19 and got all four of my Javs half MW and half Lego with solid builds. During that time, I also got a 2nd pilot to 20 and one week I could only play on two days about 2 hours each.

I started playing Anthem on PC around  the beginning of April, I was less motivated to move through the story because It wasn't new the 3rd time around for me. But I got through it and got to level 30 about six days ago, I've only played 4 times since, about 24 hours total.

So within about 24 hours of playtime I've replaced 90% of my gear with MW and have 3 Legendaries. I've got a 572 power Ranger (no pun intended).

Can any of you fools bitching tell me why my 572 ranger had to revive a 772 Colossus, a 667 Ranger and a 667 Storm... several times.. on GM1 ... in the NEW stronghold ... the very first time I did it?

Or why I see posts of people crying that they can't even solo GM1 content at 700+ power because it's "too hard"?

pre-req for GM2 is what, like 575 power? I could go there now on my ranger. 

Oh, that's right... it's because they've only ever seen the inside of a single GM1 stronghold and don't know how to play the game... don't know how to make a build, or practically anything else it seems, other than "game sucks man". They want to blame it on the loot drop rate and that they're not getting gear quick enough.

You know, back when games were actually interesting, got released on time, had free extra content at no additional charge, and you almost always got a complete game for your money... they were ALL different. 

These days, games are cut and paste mechanics, drop rates, gleaming visuals and no substance at all. 

When I look at Anthem, I see a game that has all the same issues that every other game out now has... sure, it's got more problems than it should... even by today's standards, and it's supposed to be a triple A title or whatever, but today that's just a quick way of saying that it looks really pretty, IMO.

Triple A title used to mean all those things I stated above. Everything people have been complaining about for years and years. Even the younger generations complain about it now, without even understanding what they're asking for because they never experienced it... or experienced very little of it.

People can say their peace without the need to go overboard. When everyone is crying like a kid that wants more candy, it's not surprising that the devs ignore them like a child who keeps asking the same question over and over.

The livestream yesterday was a prime example... (and I say this loosely because some did try)... nobody wanted to contribute anything useful, they just wanted to be a mob and thrash the devs. 

I'm sure that some of you feel like your complaining the same issues over are going to help the game, and who can say that it won't, not me, because I don't presume to know the future or think that I can read minds.

What I CAN tell you, is that I play this game because I like it. I like the premise, I like the gameplay, I like the art style, the controls, the various challenges and a lot of other things.

I'm not feeling good about the state of the game when it was released, and patches since haven't garnered a lot of faith either, but it wasn't unplayable for me, still isn't, and I believe they're working on it.

Maybe I'm the foolish one, but I don't really care. I'm having fun. I'm getting gear at a very reasonable rate and even progressing rapidly. I'll probably * around on GM1 for another play session and then on to GM2 most likely.

Playa's gon' play, Haters gon' hate. That's life.

Sorry for the long winded wall of text... oh wait I forgot...

Anthem kind of feels to me like it's more about the journey and experience than the loot, like it was originally supposed to be with "Beyond", the game Anthem was born from.

Been wanting to say that somewhere, an keep forgetting, lol.

Okay. Rant over... glad I got it out of my system. I feel much better now, thanks.

Carry on.

Message 24 of 38 (190 Views)

★★ Apprentice

@ismail78 wrote:

@VILE_INFECTION wrote:

Anyone here still being toxic is doing it to please themselves. Everyone knows the development in this game was a disaster, and we still got a very playable (subjective) enjoyable (also subjective) game. They have worked on it and will continue to work on it despite the negativity it receives. The negative toxic posters must think that if they keep ranting about loot drops that it will get done faster, even though there were articles explaining how they were getting someone to fill in that role (lets continue to beat a dead horse, even though we know it is getting worked on, because reasons). I mean lets be for real here, the game practically holds your hand the entire gearing process, since you are guaranteed to get masterwork items. The only grind in the game is from masterwork to legendary, and people want it right the F now. Get a tissue you Fing babies, I don't give a damn.

The toxic posters belittle any improvement done to the game, even while not playing it. Let that sink in. They berate and continue to bash the developers even though we know it is getting worked on. I mean what do you need, a daily here is what we are doing currently? "Today I drew this tree for this new dungeon." How exciting...

Then you have the content come out, then they don't play it, then say it is nothing. Let that sink in too.

Apparently they forgot they don't have to be here, yet here they are, being masochistic idiots. *passes tissue to the next crybaby

You have to consider the obvious here and that is the game is incomplete yet they charged full price for it as well as it appears that we have been misled to the point of no return. It still does not work on any system with consistency, I still have issues on PS4. Facts are stated about the quality of this product and it's ok to defend it for those who choose but the game is trash despite the effort put into it. Until they revamp everything and make it a game worth the money we all paid for it, it remains in the trash category .

I both agree and disagree with your post. People need to get past the BS that's already happened and get over it, nobody can change what's already done.

This update, all things considered, was the best update we've had in the game so far, IMO. There were a ton of bug fixes, along with some minor display bugs, but nothing game breaking. We even got something new to play. It's practically PROOF that they are working on things and trying to make improvements. 

In their post regarding pushing out the roadmap and not meeting the deadlines for that content, they also stated they were going to be implementing something like a test server so that players can try content and give feedback.

Those things obviously aren't in place yet but come on, they're trying and the players aren't giving  an inch for the most part. 

For those that that are still giving * over the loot system, it's a damn fundamental core part of the game... which means that ONE wrong misstep in changing the code could **** up everything else that works right now. It could literally make the game unplayable. Sorry but I'd rather them take the appropriate time to fix issues like that.

Worker bees like honey, only flies swarm to *.

What outcome do people here actually want in this game? Because right now, I feel almost embarrassed to be a part of this community. 

Message 25 of 38 (180 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

@EfilsGod wrote:

Well, it's not really just your courtyard, is it friend?

After reading the above quote i have to assume either or a combination of the following:

1. American

2. Entitled 12 year old

3. Social Justice Warrior

4. Er...trouble at home???

5. No significant other for a ehm...long long time?

The poster said "our".

It is hate like yours that hurts this game more than its issues.

Even if they give a huge expansion, fix more bugs, you will ALWAYS hate. Because it is the current trend and hate makes you blind to all that is good.

Message 26 of 38 (173 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Apprentice

@ismail78 wrote:

@VILE_INFECTION wrote:

No I don't consider a 40 hour campaign with endless farming incomplete. With 4 different characters you can play, and customize, with a friends list, with random missions, 6 levels of difficulty, lots of guns to choose from, different combinations of gear. Perhaps you just don't see it, but the entire game is there. What is it exactly that you are missing that makes this game incomplete. LOL!

Message 27 of 38 (165 Views)

★★★★ Guide
You mean the update where they didn’t give us more than half the stuff that was promised in a game that has a incredibly broken loot system plus almost no content?
Message 28 of 38 (151 Views)

★★ Apprentice

@Shaddoll23 wrote:
You mean the update where they didn’t give us more than half the stuff that was promised in a game that has a incredibly broken loot system plus almost no content?

1. I don't recall anyone making promises, link please? 

A roadmap is a PLAN, not a promise. Plans change due to variables outside of our control... So I'd really like to see this livestream, or dev issued article where there was a promise made. Otherwise...  c'est la vie.

2. The game doesn't have "almost no content". It certainly has a less than the ideal amount for a newly released game, but by no means "almost none". Though it may seem that way to you, because a bandwagon of players like yourself raced to max power level as fast as possible and now feel like they aren't making any progress. Are you one of them? 

Everyone already knew exactly how much content was in the game prior to the official release date, so why the hurry?

3. The loot system is fine. It may not have a super high drop rate for Legendaries, but right now, especially with only 250 inventory to make 20 builds across 4 Javs... I'm thinking that's a good thing. I don't want to be inundated with even more trash loot that I have to spend time salvaging... slowly... instead of playing the game.

If you want to be taken seriously, stop being a parrot and explain exactly what is "incredibly" broken about the loot system? Are you not getting loot at all? or are you just not getting the loot you want?

For that matter, where is the focused feedback thread regarding loot? Even one created by players if the devs don't have one. Somewhere that states all these "incredible" issues with the loot system clearly and concisely, so that the devs can create a bullet point list to work on in order to come up with a fix? 

Message 29 of 38 (135 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

@Fachverkaeufer wrote:
The fanboi didn’t realize, that criticism is not made due to the fact, it’s not fixed yet, criticism is continuing due to the fact, that bioware is intransparent and don’t communicate the next steps on loot issue.

But I like how devs put their piece of s to the tomb, lol

Didn't you notice they solved the loot issue??? Everyone above 500PL is Legendary now. The PL requirements for all Grand Master Levels Have been lowered.While enemy HP don't appear to be  at all. Epic weapons & gear have more damage output than MW's or Lego's. So you to can now squad up with gear that has no viable inscriptions to enhance your play style or provide perks that actually work will make your HoR run on GM3 a three-hour bullet p!ssing contest from start to finish.

But hey, almost 400 hours in and I just got my first Masterwork Cycle of Pain on Sunday before the patch. Yippee kiy yah MF's!!!!!

Message 30 of 38 (125 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help