by Gaborrrrrrr

Original Post

Make the AI difficulty fair again.

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: NBA Live Mobile
Platform:Android Phone
Summarize your bug What the title says
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Simply by playing the game
What happens when the bug occurs? It annoys the hell out if me
What do you expect to see? It being fixed

What the hell is with the difficulty of the AI now?

Gameplay used to be fair, but now it's just infuratingly irritating. 

My team is overall above 95. But if I play a team that's a 65, with nothing but red elite players, they play like they are rated 101. 

I'm so sick of my guys with above 95 3-point ability missing open perfectly timed shots, while annoying AI controlled mid 80 level guys like Derrick Rose and Lebron James take a contested 3-point shot with 2 to 3 of my guys trying to block it, and what do you know... swish..  EVERY time. 🤨

Not to mention even players I have with 99 rated steals cannot steal the ball from those AI controlled lower rated elites to save their lives. 😡

It seems the higher a players rated, the more useless they are to use.

Just to make you pay attention EA, this means no one is going to pay you money to buy high rated players or chances to obtain them if they're not worth buying in the first place other than to have a high number displayed on its player icon that is a false rating, and that will hit you where it hurt$ most. So get on it EA $port$ 

Message 1 of 16 (1,477 Views)

Re: Make the AI difficulty fair again.

Community Manager

@Xdegenerate1075 

For those 3 point shots it helps if you don't have the ball completely inside the circle. Depending on whether you're performing a fadeway type of shot, try having the ball slightly outside of the circle on the bottom or top. 

Would love to see some more steals myself, as well as rebounds from the offensive team. 

Hope you have some better games moving forward though, I can sense the frustration from your post. What game modes do you normally play?

Blueberry.png
Message 2 of 16 (1,439 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

It doesn't matter where I shoot from. I know what you're saying, but that's not the issue. It's like once the team's rated over 95 overall, lesser teams play like they're ranked higher than mine and have an advantage. They can't be defended and hit every shot, hitting shots and the display thing shows they're only like a 68% 3-point shooter on contact shots, yet my guys with 95+ can't hit an open uncontested shot.

I even have some players ranked 99 or higher on 3s using the +3 giving players, but they don't go in. I'm sure the AI has been incorrectly programmed giving the opposing teams an unfair advantage.

It also occurs when going against teams with higher overalls. I'm ranked 96 or 97, and I go up against someone in the showdowns who is ranked +1 on me, and it's like they have a +50 advantage and can't miss from anywhere and just dominate.

It's also happening during the MM matches. The opposing team is only an overall of 70. Mine is 96. Yet they can constantly kick my * 4 or 5 games before I can beat them. It's like if I can't get a steal or block and specifically get Ewing or Olajuwan to make most of the baskets to catch up, the other team run all over me like they're ranked over 100 and won't miss a 3 point shot no matter how hard I play D against them.

I'm not sure if it's something that's been implemented into the game recently, or it's because I've gotten my team upgraded past 95, but I used to just be able to relax and play and have fun, now it's becoming quite irritating and frustrating trying to get past what should be a breeze if it's a team's rated over 90 vs those in the 60s and 70s playing like they're 110.

Plus trying to drive used to be very simple, double tap the button, spin around and no one can stop you driving the lane for the dunk, but now it's like the AI gets in your way like a brick wall and won't allow you to do it. Tho it could've had something to do with the fact I was doing that with Magic Johnson and have since replaced him with a higher rated Gary Payton and Spud Webb, but even the latest Penny Hardaway cops it too. It just seems really off that these supposed lower ranked teams have the ability to cut everything off like that. 

Message 3 of 16 (1,422 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Message 4 of 16 (1,360 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Message 5 of 16 (1,346 Views)

Community Manager

@Gaborrrrrrr 

Do you think the open look shots should always go in (or majority of the time) if it's a PG or SG with your circle as close as perfect as possible?

Blueberry.png
Message 6 of 16 (1,339 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Message 7 of 16 (1,332 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

As close to the circle on a shot is complete BS I have come to find out. I decided to test it in a 3 point contest. I've tried hitting the shots from the different areas, then intentionally held the button down into the red, hit a quick as possible shot way below the target box when shooting, and I got pretty much the same results each game as to timing shots perfectly.

3 to 4 garuenteed misses every single time, and an overall score gaurenteed to win the event every time. 

The shooting percentage is all that seems to matter. But garunteed to miss 3 to 4 shots, so no one can ever nail every shot for the perfect score. Is this a skill game or a rail game?

Also.... I just got done playing against Boston in the 3rd or 4th bonus event of campaign #4. Boston where ranked 68. All players where red elites, and no one player with a rating higher than 84. 

Yet they where bombing threes with a 101% 3-point rating on the PG and SG I beleive it was. One of their other players had a 99% dunk rating. I found it easy to steal the ball from them and dominate the game, but I find it baffling that such low ranking players on a low ranked team have 101% anything, let alone any shot% over 90. 

On a follow-up note tho, the Knicks and Housten teams in the MM seem to have been updated to show the opposing players actually are 90+ players now. The overall team is still a low rating tho.

Message 8 of 16 (1,310 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Oh, this explains it. 

https://imgur.com/a/OX4vyvG

However, it doesn't explain why the hell it exists in the first place? 

Message 9 of 16 (1,299 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Message 10 of 16 (1,159 Views)