Re: Make rank like the ALGS

by HopesKunai

Original Post

★★★★★ Expert
@hayhor I had game where I did 1.8k dmg in Plat lobbies, while my teammate was on 300 dmg and 1 kill. He got some assists too, but total was less than mine. If team based KP is introduced, he would gain way more RP. I am not saying people don't get carried with the current system, but team based KP will make it worse. Again this is what I think will happen, maybe they could test it before implementing and I am not talking about playtest. Test it live like how they tested elite queue.

Also, if you are always going down first in a fight while dealing barely any dmg to enemy, you aren't helping team in any way. You are ultimately leaving your team at a disadvantage, I have lost countless top 2 games cuz one of my teammate had poor positioning.

Also, what if a teammate goes solo and dies or he dies early on? Right now he will get the placement points if he sticks around, but should he also get the credit for all the kills too?

I do agree with you that there are other ways of helping the team. Stuff like Revive/Respawn play a huge role, some revives come in clutch even tho the guy didn't help the team damage wise. It's a tough problem to solve imo.
Message 11 of 17 (161 Views)

Champion
@BaldWraithSimp I dont even think they need to playtest it. Just use match histories for thousands of users and run the simulation with the points changed.

I understand the whole carry thing and the issues it may cause. Perhaps they could simulate this too and compare combined kills with noncombined.
Message 12 of 17 (154 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

@Cheese9Man

I'd like to see a kill assigned to the person who deals the higher damage to the opponent player killed. I have had games with 1500 damage or so, and only 1 kill. While my team mates had 500 damage and 6 kills and 300 damage and 2 kills. Clearly they were waiting to get the final shot on a player.
LOL

Message 13 of 17 (138 Views)

★★★ Pro
@DarthValtrex

I would love for ranked to be an actual demotion to lower rank system, like from gold back to silver for example.
Message 14 of 17 (135 Views)

★★★ Pro
@DarthValtrex

" you get people in Gold who belong in Bronze and people in Platinum who belong in Silver.."

I agree, but it is a loss also for the less skilled player, because s/he will not feel comfortable at all playing match after match with players having way higher expectations.
The no de-rank format is bad IMO.
Smurfing happens anyway.
Message 15 of 17 (133 Views)

@HopesKunai I some what agree and some what don't. I like the general idea of making it to bench marks, I think for players who get stuck in Platinum IV it's a good way for them to get experience playing slightly better people, even if it's over and over and over.

I was getting stuck in PLatinum IV for a while but I had definitely earned my way into the Platinum lobbies. For me to get better I really needed to be playing against the platinum+ players frequently.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 16 of 17 (130 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

@DarthValtrex

The only problem is, that quite a few players hitchhike a ride to plat when they are really silver. Once they are stuck in plat, the level difference is so large that I doubt it would drive improvement.
While a gold 1 who's in and out would benefit the most. IMO. The difference is, that the hitchhiker would move back fast where s/he belongs (say silver), instead of weighing on the rando plat lobbies.

Message 17 of 17 (128 Views)