Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: Make loot drop specific to the individual player when solo queueing

by Haruchai01

Original Post

Make loot drops specific to the individual player when solo queueing

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

The current loot drops that focus on the lowest player in the group do not encourage higher level players to help new players. Either allow loot to drop at the individual players level of play or provide an additional incentive for higher level players to stay in groups with lower levels.

When you are in an instance, even freeplay, and encounter players who are only epic level when you are trying to get legendary drops while continue to get "blue drops" is discouraging. I find myself leaving these parties because even with the appropriate luck set on the character the chance of getting legendary drops is based upon the lowest players level in the party. If this is not true then please Bioware provide some transparency to how the loot system is intended to work to give players resonable chance to continue to gear their javelins.

In the near future you will have to remarket the game to new players after the plague of bugs and issues has been resolved but, if this issue is not resolved before then, many new players will not stay when the majority of players are already at higher levels. New players will be detered from playing based upon the fact they will not get any help from higher level players because the effort does not reward the veteran player.

I personally have been checking the social tab at the beginning of every instance and leaving when I see low level players. I have limited game time and do not have the time to waste only getting blue and purple loot when I am trying to reach legendary status.

Message 1 of 11 (410 Views)

★★ Guide

This theory was brought up weeks ago and was stated as false by the developers. 

https://amp.reddit.com/r/AnthemTheGame/comments/b2k8cg/drop_rate_changes_over_timeasian_player/eiuk0...

"It does not, power level has no effect on the drop chance."

Message 2 of 11 (398 Views)

★ Guide

Then why is it when I am in groups with players that are MW or higher I NEVER see any blue drops but when there is even a single Epic javelin in the party they do?

With 89 luck on my Collossus any time I am in freeplay or party with Epic javelins, blue drops become a regular occurance. In parties with friends and MW or higher, I never see anything less that purple and if you do it is very rare and not off higher level creatures.

The last run of HoR with an epic javelin nothing from the chests or bosses dropped higher than a purple, nothing. For developers to say with certainty that this is the case is unfounded. I would reference the new patch this week that is fixing duplicate drops which we were told was already in place and now the developers say it is bugged. Therefor, they can say that loot is not based upon the lowest lever player but, that too may also be bugged since it is clearly occurring.

Message 3 of 11 (393 Views)

★★ Guide

Because rng is rng and people like to apply reasoning and patterns to places they dont exist to explain what doesn't make sense. The loot system is a complex, tangled mess. It sucks. I hate it. Wish there was a better answer, but only BW can fix it and so far they haven't shown they possess the aptitude to fix it.

Message 4 of 11 (368 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
when it comes to RNG it is LITERALLY spinning a wheel or flipping a coin. sure the program can be understood but never fully manipulated to advantages. I have had days I will barley see a mw. other days I barley see purple then other days I get nothing but mw and leg as my majority of loot.
Message 5 of 11 (358 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

It should not be that complex and that illustrates the real issue. If you have designed an algorithm that you can not accurately depict any pattern of outcomes with certainty then the likelihood of a postive outcome becomes non-existent.

If the loot system is based upon mathematical probability it is simply doing the math to determine the outcomes chances. If this is the case simply increasing the amount of a specific loot in the pool automatically changes the chances of that outcome. I would wager that the development team is trying to change to many aspects of the algorithm at once and therefore can not fix the issue. Either increase the amount of loot in the algorithm or decrease the percentage of liklihood of lower level loot at different levels of progression.

I would further venture a guess that even though you do not recieve white and green level loot after level 30 they are still baked into the algorithm. In this case simply design a different algorithm to be used once the player reaches level 30. It is not complex, it should just come down to a probability equation which should be easily changed.

Message 6 of 11 (353 Views)

★★★★ Guide

A friend of mine is performing a thorough testing of the loot drops in HoR. He is checking the PL of other players during each run. To date he has completed about 500 HoR runs if not more. No dependence of loot drops on the PL of the players has been found, it is totally random.

As for myself I think I had more runs with legendary drops when there were low PL players doing the mission compared to all legendary teams.

Message 7 of 11 (334 Views)

★★ Expert

@AI_AB_AI wrote:

A friend of mine is performing a thorough testing of the loot drops in HoR. He is checking the PL of other players during each run. To date he has completed about 500 HoR runs if not more. No dependence of loot drops on the PL of the players has been found, it is totally random.

As for myself I think I had more runs with legendary drops when there were low PL players doing the mission compared to all legendary teams.

The first part is purely anecdotal and irrelevant, I could just as easily say I have a friend that found the opposite. The second part is more relevant, you can only speak for yourself. 

My experience has been that with extremely low level players in the group the loot drops are rubbish, it could be just RNG, but we all go by our experience. As far as what the Devs tell us, sorry but it wouldn't be the first time that Devs have got it wrong, remembering they have admitted they have no idea what luck does, tbh I think it would be worse to find out the current loot drop rate is deliberate. Given the errors that have occurred, for them to say that something is empirical seems foolhardy. As I said we can only go by our experience, but it may just be bad RNG.

Message 8 of 11 (318 Views)

★★★★ Pro

500 runs is a large sample size, though.

my wild theory is that in addition to using other player’s health at times, you also are inheriting their luck, which is why luck doesn’t seem to do anything consistently. Probably completely bogus, but this game has some weird things in it.

Message 9 of 11 (303 Views)

★★ Expert

@Banfilidh wrote:

500 runs is a large sample size, though.

my wild theory is that in addition to using other player’s health at times, you also are inheriting their luck, which is why luck doesn’t seem to do anything consistently. Probably completely bogus, but this game has some weird things in it.

Yes, 500 runs is a large sample size, if its true. Saying "my friend did this or that" is irrelevant as you haven't experienced it. Its not only asking us to believe the poster, but believe what their friend apparently said. Its in the same boat as "everybody, the majority, most, all, etc" its anecdotal and meaningless. We can only speak for ourselves.

I like your theory re the luck, though some have said the same thing previously.

Message 10 of 11 (289 Views)
Twitter Stream