Make a device to stay undetectable by scanning characters

by NandoRos2077

Original Post

Make a device to stay undetectable by scanning characters

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

It would be really awesome (and also fair) if there was some sort of device that could occupy the same slot as the heat shield/mobile spawn beacon to keep the legends totally undetectable from Bloodhounds, Valks, Cryptos, and any other "scanning" legends.

Since Bangalore and MANY other characters can have their tactical abilities completely invalidated by some sort of device (the digital threat optics makes Bangalore's smoke completely useless, for instance) or shot (Wattson's fence, Caustic's trap, and Cryptos drone - just to name a few - can be easily destroyed with a couple of shots), the "scanning" legends SHOULD ALSO have something to invalidate their tactical abilities.

Message 1 of 17 (553 Views)

Re: Make a device to stay undetectable by scanning characters

★★★ Guide

@NandoRos2077  I don't see that happening. Rather, there could be some new Legends being introduced, that have that kind of ability, like Rhapsody from mobile, who's ultimate "Rowdy's Rave" blocks incoming scans and sights.

Message 2 of 17 (527 Views)

@NandoRos2077 

Not a bad survival item Idea. Actually pretty good.

Should be a consumable item that has say a 1-2 minute duration. 

Only protects the user. 

Protects against scanning BH, Crypto, Valk, Vantage, Seer

The needs of the many,
outweigh the needs of the few or one. --Spock--

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Please note: I am a community volunteer – I do not work for EA.
Me Too – If you also have this problem – first post on thread has this button.
XP – For helpful comments (and to help others 'level up').
Mark As Solution – To help others find the answer to the issue now & in the future.
Message 3 of 17 (522 Views)

★ Guide

First of all, thanks for your contribution to this matter.

Oh yeah, the device would affect only the user, not the whole team. I don't think it should be consumable based on time though. Instead, whenever you get scanned, the device gets broken (in that case, the legend would carry two devices in their respective slot, exactly like the heat shield). 

Message 4 of 17 (515 Views)

@NandoRos2077 

yeah that sounds fair enough.

Thx for your reply also.

The needs of the many,
outweigh the needs of the few or one. --Spock--

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Please note: I am a community volunteer – I do not work for EA.
Me Too – If you also have this problem – first post on thread has this button.
XP – For helpful comments (and to help others 'level up').
Mark As Solution – To help others find the answer to the issue now & in the future.
Message 5 of 17 (504 Views)

★★ Expert
@NandoRos2077 You know what, I like this idea a lot more than the reddit meme 'Off the Grid' thing (what Crypo needs is the ability to trigger the EMP without the drone out and it to follow like Echo does).

In part, because it allows anyone to have that option, with a trade off (heat shields are arguably more useful now post ring changes).
Message 6 of 17 (440 Views)

★★★★★ Pro
@NandoRos2077 I would just like to see caustic, Watson and crypto get their well deserved buffs, rather than adding another survival item, also I feel like 1-2 minutes is too long, I feel like 45 seconds, double the range of a heat shield would be good.
Message 7 of 17 (425 Views)

★ Pro
@NandoRos2077 you forgot the biggest one...Seer. A device to keep players undetectable would be a good addition. I approve Standard smile
Message 8 of 17 (412 Views)

★ Pro

I think the device should be like a heat shield and it counters scans.  

Message 9 of 17 (410 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@Wolferato wrote:

@NandoRos2077  I don't see that happening. Rather, there could be some new Legends being introduced, that have that kind of ability, like Rhapsody from mobile, who's ultimate "Rowdy's Rave" blocks incoming scans and sights.

While yes Rhapsody does that, Respawn just said they will not add a legend whose abilities are just a counter to another. The example they gave was specifically for seer and bh.

Message 10 of 17 (405 Views)