Make a Battlefield 2042 VR

by Serkal92

Original Post

Make a Battlefield 2042 VR

★★ Novice

Is there any project or development to make a Battlefield for virtual reality? Virtual reality is the future, it's another level. When you try it you don't want to stop. We want a Battlefield VR!

Message 1 of 11 (1,572 Views)

Re: Make a Battlefield 2042 VR

★★ Pro
@Serkal92 They can't get a functioning game going let alone one that takes advantage of VR. Not to mention the pace of these games not being conductive to VR controllers & player movement. VR itself would have to advance a couple fold, hardware like CPU/GPU would need at least one or two generations, and the physical play environment would need to be shrunk to accommodate actual human movement (i.e. laying down, leaning, etc). Games like Ready or Not might be better for VR due to the slow movement and smaller map environments. If you're looking for a fun VR FPS, I'd recommend Onward as it appears to be getting new stuff in 2022.
Message 2 of 11 (1,559 Views)

★★★ Guide

LOL, I am already pissed with this game for the most part and I dont even want to think what I would be come like in a VR version.....

Message 3 of 11 (1,554 Views)

★★ Novice

Battlefield could have a VR version, of course a smaller version than the standard but not worse. I think the hardware is no longer a problem, there are games like MFS, DCS world, IL-2 Sturmovik, iracing, assetto corsa, etc... that work perfectly.

Message 4 of 11 (1,527 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

@Serkal92With all due respect, I get that VR would be dope in an all out fight kind of FPS, but hardware very much isn't there yet (as far as medium to low end rigs are concerned) for the majority of people. You would need at minimum a 30 series (which are outrageously priced right now) and more than likely a 40 series. DICE is struggling to get good frames at 4K, 128 players so much so that they cannot add any jeeps to deal with the map design issues. DCS is horrendous as far as VR FPS is concerned (for a myriad of reasons specific to that game), with the others being fairly decent under VR (had a good experience with Dirt Rally 2.0 /IL-2 so far). DICE is simply not the company that has the capacity to make VR happen especially on this scale (not sure if there is one at this point in time to be fair). I would think that some kind of "no holds barred" approach by a giant like Microsoft would be needed to make that kind of game. But usually those games aren't in their line of sight due to saturation of the market and the fact that the money would yield better returns in a different genre all together.

I'm not saying you have a bad idea, just that we are no where near Battlefield being brought into the VR realm in the near future (i.e. the next 7-8 years).

Message 5 of 11 (1,505 Views)

★★★ Guide

@Serkal92 wrote:

Is there any project or development to make a Battlefield for virtual reality? Virtual reality is the future, it's another level. When you try it you don't want to stop. We want a Battlefield VR!

Not sure I do want this.

However, if the commander role was brought back, I could see that working as a VR app.

Might be quite interesting actually.

Message 6 of 11 (1,379 Views)

★ Guide
@Serkal92 Let them first get 2042 in a working state before working on something like VR.
Message 7 of 11 (1,375 Views)

Lol, I mean sure In a utopian reality where VR doesn’t make you want to vomit out of your * sure.

Message 8 of 11 (1,366 Views)

★★ Expert
@Serkal92 Who is "we"? I'd rather they actually finish working on 2042 and deliver the game they marketed to us, not the 40% of a game that they sold us and then feel like they've abandoned.

They can't even hit their self-imposed deadlines for patch delivery, what makes you think they have the talent/bandwidth to work on a VR game at the same time?
Message 9 of 11 (1,347 Views)

★ Novice

Nothing you said is even remotely true. Vr can handle it. For low spec pcs they might have to lower the resolution. But stand alone quest ready does that and people handle it fine. As far as pace goes, that’s wrong. Plenty of fast paced games in vr. Don’t know why you said that. Not conducive to vr controllers and movement. Wrong, wrong. Wrong. Also, why would the physical play space have to be shrunk? Again, wrong. I do t get why people just answer to be know it alls when all they say is wrong to the point of embarrassing themselves. Please stop. Learn anything about what you are talking about first, then speak. There are tons of vr games where the characters can move fast. There are developer ways to handle that. Again, wrong. Think before we speak.

Message 10 of 11 (736 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help