Make BFV Snipers Stronger

by XoXAt0micXoX

Original Post

Make BFV Snipers Stronger

★★★★★ Newbie

Sniping was my favorite part about BattleField really the only reason I played it because no other game had sniping like BF but now I can even get this satisfying one shot one kills Up close or far away unless it’s a direct head shot but with only 6x scope it’s hard to hit a headshot with someone across the battlefield BF1 had a good hold a sniping I actually enjoyed it I just think Sniping needs some twerking...what’s the point of a sniper if you can get a kill on your target in one shot it just defeats the whole point of sniping 

Message 1 of 11 (1,751 Views)

Re: Make BFV Snipers Stronger

Hero
@XoXAt0micXoX Off the top of my head: 1) Balance. People don't like being OHK by things they can't see or counter (just look at all the complaints about the AT rifles when they were released and the current complaining about planes). 2) Spotting. With the right perk your hit will spot the enemy and they'll likely be killed by a team mate or need to hide. 3) To encourage team play. If you want to post up miles from an objective you are in effect in a supporting role. You can spot for your team (using the spotting scope obviously) and finish off wounded enemies. 4) Counter-sniping by taking out the enemy snipers who might be doing the same as you.

I do agree that increasing the body shot damage would be good but they should not OHK at long range unless it's a headshot.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

AHQ Guardian - Volunteer Moderator

Message 2 of 11 (1,741 Views)

★★★ Guide

It is hard to headshot moving targets, it is very easy to headshot not moving targets.
Wait for them to stop for a split second and shoot with accuracy. Krag-jorgensen is your best bet for long range.

Message 3 of 11 (1,710 Views)

They actually made Snipers stronger with the newest TTK change/revert so I doubt there will be any immediate changes any time soon. Headshots have always been potent in thr franchise regardless of distance; yeah sometimes it's ultra lame to get picked off from across thr map, but most of thr time you were able to get to safety/dodge it

I'd enjoy far better scopes and sacrifice some damage though.

People only really complained about the AT rifles because they were a 1hk on any part of thr body - under 15 meters and above 100 they were pretty useless imo.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Don't be sad, this is just how it works out sometimes
Message 4 of 11 (1,696 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Most of the snipers require a headshot to kill an enemy. But the Anti-Tank rifles kills an enemy with one body-shot. Unfortunately, you have to lay down with these weapons to use it, but they are very affective against infantry.

Message 5 of 11 (1,549 Views)

★★★★ Pro
@Das_KinderLumper I disagree......there's nothing more satisfying than running around hipfiring one of those badboys like a shotgun on Operation underground :P
Message 6 of 11 (1,502 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Yeah, I agree. I was just responding to the original post. I normally don’t play recon, but if I do I use the Gewehr M95/30.

Message 7 of 11 (1,459 Views)

★ Guide
@XoXAt0micXoX Bf1 had a sweet spot ohk for all sniper rifles. So not sure what you are talking about.

Bf4 was pretty good but bfv has similar modeling, just depends on the rifle.
Message 8 of 11 (1,348 Views)

★★★ Guide

If it was up to me, I would have all bolt action rifles dealing 75-85 damage for a body shot.

The Jungle Carbine is 1,5X faster than the Kar98 and they are both 2 shot weapons to get a kill....

Message 9 of 11 (1,328 Views)

★★★ Expert

Get lots of times one shot killed by snipers and 100% health.  In my opinion balance is good enought. Reload might be always faster though. 

Message 10 of 11 (1,313 Views)