Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: Make Anthem purely Freeplay please.

by CasePB

Original Post

★★★ Apprentice

angryjoe in a yt video made me laugh pretty hard when he did the segment about how he spent more time in loading screens than actual play time for the mission. i think he had 6 minutes of loading screens in order to do a 4 and a half minute contract for mathias.

Message 11 of 17 (68 Views)

★★★ Guide

Personally I don't have the loading issue, so this is not relevant to me, but I have no wish to play with other people and I imagine that if you would have to make the entire map accessible, you would need to make it a constant multiplayer game to have enough server space and if this is the case then this idea is not a solution.

Message 12 of 17 (68 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Okay I did misunderstand at first.  Still I'm not sure if it's possible with Frostbite, but at the end of an expedition it takes you to the results screen and then lets you choose whether you want to go to the Fort, Forge or whatever.  Perhaps they could also add an option to choose another mission?  So this would not force you to enter the Fort after every mission.  It would be nice if possible.

@qooplesForumBan wrote:

angryjoe in a yt video made me laugh pretty hard when he did the segment about how he spent more time in loading screens than actual play time for the mission. i think he had 6 minutes of loading screens in order to do a 4 and a half minute contract for mathias.

Angryjoe is basically an actor. He has to be as dramatic as possible to grab as much attention as possible or he won't get his internet money. I'm not calling him a flat out liar, but he isn't exactly a reliable source either.

Message 13 of 17 (62 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

@CroDanZ wrote:

@MeinChurro wrote:

@MeinChurro wrote:

Better off not. Freeplay sucks. Disappointed

That isn't gonna ever work dude. You have to load in to grab a lore entry for the challenge. Whether it's freeplay or not you are gonna have to load. This isn't The Division. Tongue out

You dont understand again, I will try to explain it better.

One example: You are in town and accept 1 mission and 3 contracts f.e......OK so far?

Current situation: You have to go back to town after EVERY mission and spend time in the menues -> click trough all the tabs -> wait for the 3 other mates to be ready -> pick new mission in the tab -> load the whole world again between the town and outside the town (the longest loading screen).

With my suggestion: You do a mission -> after the mission you simply fly to the next mission or use one of the waypoint tubes that should be available.
If you fly directly theres no loading screen ....if you use a waypoint surely a shorter loadingscreen than from town to the open world.

This means you can do all 3 contracts and the 1 mission in a row before going back to town to get new missions instead of spending time in menues and loading screens after every mission.

Hope you understand now what I mean, I dont talk here about the loading screens itself as you mentioned.

And yes its possible.

Or do you have to go to town when finishing a objective in freeplay?
Or do you have to go back to town when exit a cave in freeplay?

What I know not...so why are we forced to go to town after every missions instead to do all missions in a row and THAN go back to town to finish them all together?
Or forced to go back town after a fort instead of simply press the exit button at the end, like in the caves @ freeplay, to load to the fort entrance where you can run it again.

It simply makes no sense. -.-

You don't seem to understand. It will not work. Freeplay is it's own thing, missions are not there. Just freeplay events. Missions are based in a completely different instance of the overworld. They MIGHT be able to do something similar to what you want (aka The Division) in a NEW game alltogether, but as some people have said, "fundamentally flawed".

@CasePB wrote:

Still I'm not sure if it's possible with Frostbite

This.

Message 14 of 17 (56 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I found a thread someone already made about this.  Starting another expedition after completing one instead of forcing you to return to the Fort first.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Feedback-Suggestions/Launch-option-after-Expedition/m-p/7583943/highlight/...

Message 15 of 17 (45 Views)

★★★ Guide

@CasePB wrote:

I found a thread someone already made about this.  Starting another expedition after completing one instead of forcing you to return to the Fort first.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Feedback-Suggestions/Launch-option-after-Expedition/m-p/7583943/highlight/...

I can see you being redirected back to that screen rather than the seamless open world that the OP seems to be suggesting.

Message 16 of 17 (42 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I'd like to see the mission select screen remove all the damn options. Put everything on the map and then select your mission, free roam, or stronghold and the difficulty. The extra window seems like a waste of menus/time. Just an extra unneeded step.

Message 17 of 17 (37 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help