Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: Make Anthem purely Freeplay please.

by CasePB

Original Post

Make Anthem purely Freeplay please.

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Atm player who farm missions, contracts or forts spend more time in loading screens and menues instead of farming the world.

Current gameplay: Enter Javelin -> loadingscreen -> do short mission/contract/fort/etc... -> End mission screen -> back to fort -> Armory-> walk forth and back for new mission/contract/etc -> wait in menue for all other to be rdy/for other players -> and than after this torture back to a new mission.

The first 40-50 times its OK somehow but after this period it simply becomes annoying and frustrating.

I feel like playing a round based beat em up game more than a Open World RPG.

Wouldnt it be better to connect everything together....the fort and the open world?

Means you start your Javelin directly from the station in the fort and not from the ramp after 1000 hours loadingscreen?

Ofc with a inteligent waypoint system (maybe thos wormholes) that you can use to travel fast to the entrance of the fort, at a point near the mission, etc....
Or you simply do freeplay...you come near the fort entrance and think... "oh when we're here why not doing some forts in a row"?

When you finish the fort f.e. there should also be a exit like in caves.
This would also mean that you can repeat a fort f.e. directly after finishing and you're not forced to go back to town -> Armory -> back to menue -> wait for the other 3 players -> loading screen.

This kills the whole vibe and the consistency of farming constantly for gear in a lootbased RPG when its not even possible to do 2 fort runs f.e. in a row without going back to town. -.-

Message 1 of 17 (230 Views)

★ Guide

Yep. Though the loading screens were worse and have improved greatly. That said, it is disruptive and a bit disjointed. There are likely technical reasons for it and I would guess there will be some improvements where possible.

Message 2 of 17 (211 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Novice

Like it or not, they designed the game this way for a reason.  It would be impossible to do what you're asking.  I heard there were extreme limitations due to the Frostbite engine, and due to EA forcing them to use that engine we have the game we have today.  The only thing they could possibly do is shorten up the load times.  Out of curiosity what system are you on?  On my PC it takes about 12-16 seconds to load.  I haven't seen how long loading times are on consoles.        

Message 3 of 17 (208 Views)

★ Apprentice

@CasePB wrote:

Like it or not, they designed the game this way for a reason.  It would be impossible to do what you're asking.  I heard there were extreme limitations due to the Frostbite engine, and due to EA forcing them to use that engine we have the game we have today.  The only thing they could possibly do is shorten up the load times.  Out of curiosity what system are you on?  On my PC it takes about 12-16 seconds to load.  I haven't seen how long loading times are on consoles.        

I think you understand me wrong.

The problem is not the loading screen....bcs its a big world it wont work without any kind of loading screen and I'm OK with that.

But the process after doing a fort, a mission, etc.....always back to town instead of simply let the player continue in freeplay.

And yes its possible.

When you enter a bigger cave f.e. theres always a kind of exit button at the end that loads you to the entry of the cave.

Why not letting us do the same with forts f,.e. instead of forcing us to go back to town/armory to disenchant what?....12 items?

Or you finish the mission -> fly to a near waypoint and do the next mission instead of always go back to town to start a new mission there.

As said the first 50-60 times its OK somehow but when you spend all the time in menues after a mission it destrys the whole vibe of the game.

Message 4 of 17 (190 Views)

★★★ Guide

Better off not. Freeplay sucks. Disappointed

Message 5 of 17 (181 Views)

★ Apprentice

@MeinChurro wrote:

I think you dont understand the thread.

I dont talk about the lack of content in freeplay itself, I talk about the opportunitie to do missions, forts, etc....multiple times without being forced to go back to town every time.

Do you like to waste about 3 minutes every time in menues/loading screens after finishing a fort, mission, etc...?

Or would you rather prefere a short loading screen after a fort that ports you back to the entry and you can start it all over again?

Or do 3 misson from the town in a row without being forced to go to town after every mission?

Why are we forced to go back to town...to sell the 5-6 items from the mission or 12 from fort?

Ofc you have to wait for your other 3 mates every time...some are fast but some study every item 1 by 1 every time.

Let us power farm 4-5 forts in a row before we have to go back to town to disenchant.

Message 6 of 17 (166 Views)

★★ Pro

@CroDanZ wrote:

@MeinChurro wrote:

I dont talk about the lack of content in freeplay itself, I talk about the opportunitie to do missions, forts, etc....multiple times without being forced to go back to town every time.

Do you like to waste about 3 minutes every time in menues/loading screens after finishing a fort, mission, etc...?

Or would you rather prefere a short loading screen after a fort that ports you back to the entry and you can start it all over again?

Or do 3 misson from the town in a row without being forced to go to town after every mission?

Why are we forced to go back to town...to sell the 5-6 items from the mission or 12 from fort?

Ofc you have to wait for your other 3 mates every time...some are fast but some study every item 1 by 1 every time.

Let us power farm 4-5 forts in a row before we have to go back to town to disenchant.

I don't mind the idea and think it would be good to have the option to at least go to another mission at the end of a completed one or to do a string of missions/expeditions etc. However, I personally don't have a problem with the loading screens as they take 15-20 seconds each and to me that just isn't a long time, even when combined. So if it happens, good, if it doesn't I don't mind.

Message 7 of 17 (157 Views)

★★★ Guide

@CroDanZ wrote:

@MeinChurro wrote:

That isn't gonna ever work dude. You have to load in to grab a lore entry for the challenge. Whether it's freeplay or not you are gonna have to load. This isn't The Division. Tongue out

Message 8 of 17 (155 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Ohh we need a way bigger world than and way more activities if that should work .

Maybe in some future dlc we can stay most of our time there farming chilling. 

Not that bad actually because Anthems world looks pretty amazing.

Message 9 of 17 (153 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@MeinChurro wrote:

@MeinChurro wrote:

That isn't gonna ever work dude. You have to load in to grab a lore entry for the challenge. Whether it's freeplay or not you are gonna have to load. This isn't The Division. Tongue out

You dont understand again, I will try to explain it better.

One example: You are in town and accept 1 mission and 3 contracts f.e......OK so far?

Current situation: You have to go back to town after EVERY mission and spend time in the menues -> click trough all the tabs -> wait for the 3 other mates to be ready -> pick new mission in the tab -> load the whole world again between the town and outside the town (the longest loading screen).

With my suggestion: You do a mission -> after the mission you simply fly to the next mission or use one of the waypoint tubes that should be available.
If you fly directly theres no loading screen ....if you use a waypoint surely a shorter loadingscreen than from town to the open world.

This means you can do all 3 contracts and the 1 mission in a row before going back to town to get new missions instead of spending time in menues and loading screens after every mission.

Hope you understand now what I mean, I dont talk here about the loading screens itself as you mentioned.

And yes its possible.

Or do you have to go to town when finishing a objective in freeplay?
Or do you have to go back to town when exit a cave in freeplay?

What I know not...so why are we forced to go to town after every missions instead to do all missions in a row and THAN go back to town to finish them all together?
Or forced to go back town after a fort instead of simply press the exit button at the end, like in the caves @ freeplay, to load to the fort entrance where you can run it again.

It simply makes no sense. -.-

Message 10 of 17 (132 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help