Made a complaint and have had no contact or acknowledgement

by fredrayuk

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Made a complaint and have had no contact or acknowledgement

★ Novice

I had an issue linking an account for my son at the weekend and chatted with 2 helpdesk employees who were both unable to help out . After following the instructions they both gave i set up another accounts both of which had exactly the same issue . I then went through the process to get to the chat service again only to given the option to call in ( it did tell me to check with my network provider for call charges ) i made 2 phone calls after getting no joy on the 1st call , the 2nd however i was basically told that there was nothing they could do and my son couldn’t play ea games online . I asked to make a complaint to get this investigated further and was told she would see if i could make a complaint. I was kept on hold for another 15 mins when she finally came back she said someone would call me soon but couldnt give me a time frame . Is there anyway i could see if a complaint has actually been raised and be informed of the correct steps of the process ? The call by the way cost me £30 which is way more than my provider says 0870 numbers cost , ive attached your disclaimer that you provise with no mention of cost . 

Message 1 of 6 (325 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Made a complaint and have had no contact or acknowledgement

Community Manager

Hey  @fredrayuk the attachment you shared above calls out the fact that you may be charged for calling.

There is nothing more that we can do to assist with your issue on AHQ, if you wish to make a complaint then you will need to speak with one of our phone or chat support advisers who will be able to advise you further.  You can contact our live support at help.ea.com.  

If the only contact option offered is to call then you can see if our Twitter team can assist: https://twitter.com/EAHelp

I'm going to lock this thread as there is nothing more that we can do to assist you on AHQ in relation to your complaint.

Darko

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 6 of 6 (233 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hey @fredrayuk, is your son's account an under age account? If so then they will be unable to access the online features of many EA games and this is something that is working as intended.

If you were told that you would receive a callback and have not then the best thing to do would be to open a new case to ask for further details. You can use chat or email in this instance and our live support team will be able to take a look and update you.

In relation to the cost of the call, if you look at the image you attached it does say that charges may apply. 

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 6 (278 Views)

★ Novice

Hi 

Thank you for your response . 
the account was not a childs account and tbh ive given up all hope that anyone on the help desk team is able to help after the last call . 
The screen does say call charges may apply but doesnt give a figure so you could charge £100 per minute surely you have to put what amount you add to the 25p per minute that my provider charges? Also is it normal on a premium rate number to keep someone waiting 15 mins to raise a complaint ?  
i cant seem to be able to raise a complaint with out going through the process of selecting a game i have a issue with and when i do it only gives me the option to call again. So if you could kindly provide a  link so i could email as im not prepared to spend more money on a phone call to complain about call misleading call charges 

Message 3 of 6 (264 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @fredrayuk, contact options are dependents on a number of factors. If you are not being offered the option to select chat or email then a call would be the best point or contacts for your issue. 

If you have feedback that you would like to share about the cost to call then we are happy to pass it on.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 4 of 6 (257 Views)

★ Novice

Hi

again thanks for your response . 
i wish to make a complaint and would like a avenue to be able to do this . Im unable tou use your flawed system as it will not allow me to proceed without calling the premium rate number that im complaining about . 
i have spoke with my provider and them have told me that you have to make the caller aware of the additional charges incured 

Message 5 of 6 (239 Views)

Community Manager

Hey  @fredrayuk the attachment you shared above calls out the fact that you may be charged for calling.

There is nothing more that we can do to assist with your issue on AHQ, if you wish to make a complaint then you will need to speak with one of our phone or chat support advisers who will be able to advise you further.  You can contact our live support at help.ea.com.  

If the only contact option offered is to call then you can see if our Twitter team can assist: https://twitter.com/EAHelp

I'm going to lock this thread as there is nothing more that we can do to assist you on AHQ in relation to your complaint.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 6 of 6 (234 Views)