Re: MY FINAL AND DEFINITIVE TIER LIST

by stukapooka

Original Post

Accepted Solution

MY FINAL AND DEFINITIVE TIER LIST

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

Well, it may seem like it's been a year since 10 months ago I posted a tier list with a very similar theme that was supposed to be the final, but at the time I had 1300 hours of gameplay or something very close, I now have 2300, so 1000 hours later update everything I had said, not because everything was wrong, but because I gained a lot of experience in the meantime and at the same time I had the opportunity to use and fight all characters for a long time.

my-image (16).png

Message 1 of 6 (729 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
Champion

I might need to do another of these tier lists as well since it has been a while since I have done one. Your tier list looks quite awesome. I am sort of suprised that you placed regular Scientist up in the highest rank and Shogun-Guard is in the lowest, however not a problem. Great tier list! Standard smile

View in thread

Message 2 of 6 (653 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Champion

I might need to do another of these tier lists as well since it has been a while since I have done one. Your tier list looks quite awesome. I am sort of suprised that you placed regular Scientist up in the highest rank and Shogun-Guard is in the lowest, however not a problem. Great tier list! Standard smile

Message 2 of 6 (654 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@TheSprinter85bfn scientist is just too good at his job as he can insta warp 3 times in any direction to engage or escape, an instant self heal that cant be destroyed unlike heal station and activates the moment it hits something and even tracks towards allies on the move who can be used as meat shields, and overheal entire groups.

Combined with the fact that bfn has sprinting, stronger regen, and higher jumping he was practically a character designed to easily survive and escape conflict, he also no longer faces the downsides of deciding between offensive abilities or healing abilities like his gw counterpart and with his upgrades he basically get rewarded for doing his job so he becomes stronger over the course of the game. His ammo count for a fairly damaging weapon is not bad either.

Shogun corn is awful in that you practically sacrifice all mobility for a gimmick that doesn't even work. The shield has the lowest health of all of them in game and corn can still be shot in the foot or side easily, he has to aim and slow down for it to activate, shields in bfn are extremely buggy imo just look at superbrainz he can have it out and still take damage so its all but worthless, and unlike commando corn the shots dont deal splash so the player is forced to aim with a slower firing projectile that isn't even worth the effort to use over stock corn.

Combining the already lacking abilities of bfn corn and shogun and you have the worst bfn character.

Message 3 of 6 (603 Views)

Champion
@stukapooka Very good points. Standard smile

Honestly, some of my opinions would be biased, for instance:

I suppose I think that way with Scientist as I normally play a passive Steam Blaster loadout, which means I will focus on healing as I prefer to do that, but really enjoy the Steam Blaster attack, so I only attack enemies if they get too close to our team. It's a good way of clearing out enemies that are getting too close to the team.

Shogun-Guard is such a fun upgrade for me to use, and my favourite Legendary Upgrade, however I do find it does not seem to be as powerful as say, Brainium Basher instavanquishing plants or Steam Blaster dropping groups of plants at a time. I totally agree with that one that those upgrades are much more powerful (and need to be balanced). At least I do not have to be concerned about using "broken" upgrades as in way too powerful while using Shogun. I find I am much more accurate with Shogun-Guard than with other characters, can get revives quite easily using the shield and being able to attack with the shield up is a big plus for me.

I should probably do another tier list soon.
Message 4 of 6 (548 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@TheSprinter85Steam blaster is ridiculous up close but after its nerf at least it's not killing entire teams like before, but I think the tier list is taking his overall survivability in favor which is just absolutely ridiculous, heck leaked content that never released showed they planned to give scientist a FOURTH WARP. He also gets more range without the blaster so its probably also that.

Shogun guard is easily the worst legendary in bfn as I've explained why the shield is gatbage when you can just be sniped in the foot and die and other upgrades such as thorn apart can slowly charge overtime regardless of whether rose is actually playing support or not and do 100 damage when finished and branium basher is just a trump card to 3/4ths of the roster as you can easily follow up with the 50 damage uppercut after the charge allowing you to take on even snapdragon and chomper relatively fast.

Message 5 of 6 (544 Views)

Champion

I see. Well, Scientist seems to be great with his survivability, since from my experience, he can chase down plants quite easily but can also get out of nearly any bad situations he finds himself in. I did not know that Scientist may have gained yet another warp but having 3 already and them being borderline instant use is already really powerful for mobility and escape.

I do notice Shogun-Guard has almost no mobility in general, except for sprinting (which you cannot attack or shield while doing so) and using Husk Hop (which is generally used for vanquishing enemies, but I do prefer to use it for escape since Shogun-Guard in general lacks mobility). I wish that Shogun-Guard's shield covered Corn's entire front (like Super Brainz) and had slightly more health instead, but I suppose that is why it is considered the worst Legendary Upgrade and shield in the game. 

Message 6 of 6 (527 Views)