MORE PLAYERS in Turf Takeover?

by Shadowphinx101

Original Post

MORE PLAYERS in Turf Takeover?

★★ Expert

So, this is a really interesting question I wanted to ask. Should we have more than 24 players in a Turf match. I think the reason it made me question this was the introduction of the new 'swarm' role. The idea of the role is for lots of players to be playing with TV Head/Wildflower and attacking as one unstoppable force. However, for this to be efficient, there needs to be at least 3-4 players playing that class. Considering that, then the amount of attack/defense/support classes, there aren't enough players to create a 'balanced' team. Obviously, because BFN plays in the OW style, this idea may be worth pointing out. 8v8 was dead and there weren't enough players to create an effective team. But to create an effective team now, with this new role, I think we should have more players in TT.

Obviously this is a radical change, but tbf PopCap did remove mixed mode which had modes dating back to GW1 times, so it's not exactly like the devs aren't shy to change the idea of PvZ

Message 1 of 9 (566 Views)

Re: MORE PLAYERS in Turf Takeover?

★★★★★ Apprentice
@Shadowphinx101 I don't think that it's nessesary,
Message 2 of 9 (533 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

@Shadowphinx101It really seems as if 24 players wouldn't be enough to have the required amount of swarm characters for it to be viable.

But considering the game has had problems keeping up with 24 players at once in the past and that all of these extra players could just chose other, way more powerful characters is scary.

I think there should be a weekly mode trying out Turf Takeover with more players so we could get a clearer picture of how it would impact the mode.
I also have to wonder how the swarm characters are going to work in Team Vanquish as there are only 8 player per team and therefore half the team would have to play as them.

Message 3 of 9 (530 Views)

@Shadowphinx101
I want 14v14 or 16v16Turf Takeover, too.
Turf Takeover was once 8v8, so more players Turf Takeover can be possible if considering only about game balance.
(But if considering lags, this may be difficult.)
Message 4 of 9 (500 Views)

★★★ Pro

More players in Turf Takeover would definitely be a lot of fun to try out, but I'm not sure if my old, beat up Xbox could handle the stress 😂

Message 5 of 9 (439 Views)

★★ Guide

@benn1nat0r Agreed, Making it a weekly mode would be a perfect test ground for it!!

Message 6 of 9 (429 Views)

★★ Pro
@Shadowphinx101 No, Just no. I want 8v8 back, not thos, please.
Message 7 of 9 (378 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@GutmanSca Why would you want to have 8v8 back? It didn't improve performance by much and they were able to drastically improve the performance in 24 player matches since that change was made .
I found 8v8 to be the most boring and frustrating things I've played in my life. I wasn't able to find another player in minutes sometimes and incapable players had a much bigger impact.
Message 8 of 9 (364 Views)

Champion

If the developers tried adding a higher maximum amount of players into Turf Takeover, then perhaps they should test as an event first or something, rather than unexpectedly doing it like they did with 8v8.

Message 9 of 9 (308 Views)