ME series, and my Trekie, and Star war's Love

by taglag45

Original Post

ME series, and my Trekie, and Star war's Love

★★★★★ Apprentice

You Know I have been pondering it around in my head a lot, and I think why I like Mass effect games so much is I got ME1 one right when it came out, and I played it to death waiting for ME2, which finally came out, and did the same with it, I will say I have not played ME3 as much... as It's ending which I will not re-hash much always Plagued me.

I think new comers, that play the game don't have near as intense feeling about it as those of us that played it from the first, and and eagerly awaited the next release in the trilogy with our self made Hero all that time playing waiting eagerly for ME3. To me the ending was almost like someone killing my Dog.

I just remember there were not many really good space opera type games out there, and I am a Trekie, so Space games, with and actual story,
like star trek elite force, 1 & 2, and Kotor 1, and 2 for my star war's fan person love were about it ( with any kind of good Graphic's in them at that time, and story ).

I know there are other space games out there, but few of those do the exploration, and discovery in a real Trekie sort of way with a crew, and a ship under your command, and interesting Crew personnel, and relationships to engage in.

Then came Mass effect, and it took everything story wise, and combat, and relationship's to a whole different level for me. I have to say many of the complaints about MEA are pretty well founded, but really the only one's that bugged me were the ugly Romance option's, and the terrible female character presets, and one other the stupid Inventory limit originally, and I think it should still be higher ( Inventory limit was one of the things I truly hated about ME1[  But was and easy fix in one of the config files as I remember ] ).

Yeah there are other things that bug me, the cool down if you swap favorites in battle, the mod's with one good stat, and another minus that negated the good stat entirely. I was never worried about the animation's, as I knew they would iron those out, and they really never bothered me that much. But these were all design choices ( except for the animation Mistake's ), and mod's will fix most of them, I count on modders a lot to improve these thing's, and the modders always come through, and in those things, if they did not, I could learn to live with them.

But being a trekie, and a star war's fan person of sort's. I really do hate to see them quit this >> One really good Space opera style game <<, I hope they get back into it soon. It is really just to good a thing to lose.   [ Sooner would be better before they have to redo every thing in the entire game, just for a simple DLC. ]

Message 1 of 1 (447 Views)