ME player-based revival

by fudgietroll

Original Post

ME player-based revival

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

@EA_Barry, @EA_Tom, @EA_Dave, @EA_Archi 

So, we all know and mourn the fact that the ME series is on ice for the indeterminate future. However, I believe that there is an option/opportunity here that may be being overlooked.

There are a lot of dedicated fans here and in the modder community that would love to see ME carry on into the future, and would be happy to help work to make that happen. IF EA/Bioware is willing, they could allow some of these highly motivated and reasonably skilled individuals to start laying the groundwork, storyboarding, and even beginning to build the sequels that we would otherwise just hope to see, while EA/Bioware retains the right to accept or decline these offerings. Still, it gives fans hope for the future of ME and a chance to partially control the content to prevent another ME disappointment, while EA/Bioware also has partial control of the content and can blame any future ME problems on the fans themselves.

Given the fact that there are easily 3-5 sequels to work on (MEA2, Shephard saves the Galaxy, Shephard defies Catalyst, and possibly ones focused on the rogue's gallery of prisoners, gangs, and terrorists Shephard has left alive, or the outcasts between Nexus Uprising and MEA) plus potentially adding a finishing polish and some DLCs to MEA, there is a lot of potential opportunities to work with. Potentially, if thses projects pan out these series could be releasing new titles at a rate roughly equal to the Disney Star Wars franchise, hopefully to the delight of fans and EA alike.

Message 1 of 4 (772 Views)

Re: ME player-based revival

★ Pro

Well, there is a lot that could be done still with Mass Effect as a franchise, but when you starting talking about a lot of fans being here on a forum that's very very slow and pick up on marketing language like "delighting players" I'm really starting to worry here.

The reality is that BioWare lost a studio because of ME:A failing and between Austin and Edmonton they are rather busy with Anthem, the next DA and keeping SWTOR on life support.

The earliest I see any chance of them starting on ME again realistically is after Anthem is released and then it's still some years before it would be done. So not to be a downer but there are realities to deal with out there. I'd love to see more ME, but I think it'll be at least 4-5 years before that's realistically possible.

Message 2 of 4 (745 Views)

★ Pro

While EA/Bioware may not have the time/resources to work on ME right now, there are dozens of threads of plot from any number of fans, including yourself, on this forum. My hope was that for the time being EA would let some of these fans, such as you, me, @PandaTar, etc. work on turning these plots onto at least the skeletons of new games, and if they like them, then they will use them. If they allow the inclusion of some of the better modders then there is also the possibility of MEA fixes and DLC. It's a long shot but it's better than nothing

Message 3 of 4 (738 Views)

★ Pro

@fudgietroll wrote:

While EA/Bioware may not have the time/resources to work on ME right now, there are dozens of threads of plot from any number of fans, including yourself, on this forum. My hope was that for the time being EA would let some of these fans, such as you, me, @PandaTar, etc. work on turning these plots onto at least the skeletons of new games, and if they like them, then they will use them. If they allow the inclusion of some of the better modders then there is also the possibility of MEA fixes and DLC. It's a long shot but it's better than nothing

Well I certainly won't fault you for your enthusiasm but I think it's not even a long shot. It's an automatic miss from where I'm sitting cause they'd never be interested in that. I mean does Panda even post here anymore?

Message 4 of 4 (703 Views)