Re: ME: Andromeda Positive Outlook ahead (Story)

by AeromusPrime22

Original Post

ME: Andromeda Positive Outlook ahead (Story)

★★★ Newbie

I've just started play Andromeda for the first time and I will say that it's not as bad as what I've heard. I understand that I'm starting this game now after all the patches and I didn't have to go through the same as lunch players. I played the original trilogy grinding for the best ending in my second play throughs doing all of the DLC's and trying to get the best possible outcome. I have not beat andromeda yet but from what I've seen so far I just wanted to put my take out there.

I will say I see a lot of potential for the future for further ME games. I feel that this was a great game for Bioware to test the waters of an open RPG and try to change. They knew they would have to expand and try new things to progress and not make the same thing they did before. When I played the original trilogy I wanted to visit planets again and do different quests. This was something that a lot of other games had such as Borderlands, Assassins Creed, GTA, and etc. A lot of 'useless quests" that didn't really have an impact on the story but gave you something to do. Bioware and EA needs to focus on getting back to where the story can be affected by a lot of different quests (Main and side). I felt like the best use of this was the loyalty missions in ME2. They need to find a way to make a balance between the 2 things rather and straying away from every choice matters like we have in the OG trilogy. 

Although they added a lot of filler missions that didn't have an effect on the entirety of the game I did enjoy playing them as I enjoy the universe it self and learning about the differnt species and helping them. Really even though I'm just at the part where I have earned Efra's trust I have already seen certain quests that could of played into the main story progession. Example:SPOILER..... When you go into the cave and find the Angarin that is studying the precious animals that the Angara are attached to you have a choice of allowing her to poach and research or to have her stop. This has no effect with the Angara in Andromeda but In a game like ME3 this could of increased your war assets, protected potential Angara further in the story in a settlement, or maybe even saved someone like Efara if there is a mission where he is killed or something. 

These types of things are what I think would of made the story more connected and this plus the bugs being corrected at launch would of made it a lot better. 

The main take away I can see in this game for the future of the the franchise is to learn from the mistakes and continue using this new galaxy for the next few games. Who knows maybe after this saga ends we go back to the milky way and find that it has been overridden by an enemy, everyone went to another galaxy other than andromede, or something that changes up everything once again. Only time will tell what Bioware has planned.

Message 1 of 12 (2,519 Views)

★ Guide
I got the game about a year after it released so I didn't deal with the issues either but I don't think it deserves near the flak it got. It seems a lot of long time fans wanted more of the same, but frankly I was ready for something new.

It is nice that when you revisit a planet that encounters re-spawn; I always hated with the original trilogy once you finished the mission on a planet you either couldn't go back or there was no reason to.

I agree that a lot of missions didn't have an impact on the story; mostly it was just getting XP or AVP. There should have been more impact on the end or relationships.

Andromeda has huge potential. It very much had a clean slate from the original trilogy but unfortunately a lot of development issues (mostly EA's doing) hampered the game from the start. I'd love another ME game but right now I'm wondering if Bioware will even be around to make another. Andromeda did poorly and Anthem is doing worse. Given how the major publishers act, they could very well just shutter Bioware in typical "it's the studio's fault, not our incompetence and meddling" fashion.
Message 2 of 12 (2,438 Views)

★★★ Novice

I just now finished playing the game and I didn't have to go through all the crap at launch either. I also believe this game does not deserve all the flak it got. Sure, it has issues. Lots of issues, and even the 1.10 version still feels like a beta in a lot of ways, but I very much enjoyed playing it and I wish EA would pull their heads out of their collective * and let Bioware finish patching it and release the DLC. If EA had let Bioware finish the game before forcing them to release it in the first place, it probably would have had much better reception.

Message 3 of 12 (2,417 Views)

★ Guide

If EA had let Bioware finish the game before forcing them to release it in the first place, it probably would have had much better reception.

Unfortunately this just happens way too often in the industry anymore. It seems like more games than not have Day 1 patches. 

Message 4 of 12 (2,408 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

That is too true. Rare is the game development studio that actually finishes their games before releasing them these days. More studios should be like CD Projekt Red. EA seems to be one of the worst offenders though. They ruin everything they get their greasy fingers on. It makes you wonder what goes through their heads and how they could possibly believe such practices are good for business.

I honestly hate EA and their Origin platform. ME:A and DA:I (which I bought at the same time on sale) are the only EA games I've bought since ME3 and I try to avoid giving them my money whenever possible. I really wish everyone could just completely boycott EA until they pull their act together or just set all their studios free. BioWare needs to somehow pull a Bungie and get out from under EA's yoke.

You hear that, EA? You suck!

Message 5 of 12 (2,386 Views)

★ Guide
Yeah it's ironic that they make studios implement things based on business decisions, yet they haven't yet realized what they do is what hurts sales. Dead Space, Need for Speed and others ruined by microtransations. Games aren't ready yet still are released and receive bad reviews. I doesnt make sense because they keep doing the same things that dont work and what they think will make them money is costing them instead.
Message 6 of 12 (2,362 Views)

★★★ Novice

The stupidity and lack of vision is truly mind-blowing.

Message 7 of 12 (2,343 Views)

★★ Guide

Still people here? Nice. It was pretty heart-rending at the time when they announced that 1.10 will be the last update to Andromeda, ever.

Message 8 of 12 (2,317 Views)

★★★ Novice

Yeah, it was very disappointing when I looked into what was going on with Andromeda and learned there would be  no further updates and the DLC would never see the light of day. When I reached the end of the game and learned of the Quarian ark I would never see I was even more disappointed. Andromeda certainly isn't the best of the Mass Effect franchise by far, but it definitely deserves to be properly finished. EA is *.

Message 9 of 12 (2,311 Views)

★ Guide
Yeah, it's sad we may never know the fate of the Quarian ark or what else is in the Helius cluster. If we get ME:A2 I'm sure that'd be one of the major plot points. There are easily enough unanswered questions to fill a second game's story.
Message 10 of 12 (2,305 Views)