Lvl 371 & suddenly i cant aim :/

by xamkhann

Original Post

Re: Lvl 371 & suddenly i cant aim :/

★★★★ Novice
@Koochi-Q i think i should just take a break as meds might be making my brain go fuzzy.
Message 11 of 21 (394 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Message 12 of 21 (392 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@xMaxrayx Thank you and yes im thinking about to take a break as it might help.
Message 13 of 21 (391 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@GH0STEDbyME My reaction timing has gotten slow so i think yes it might be the reason, usually im a quick responder to situations but after those meds i feel like my brain is in slow mo.
Message 14 of 21 (390 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@Cheese9Man My meds are fexofenadine ones and they might be the issue here, need to see the doc again or i might just wait for my self to recover.
Thank you for the valuable suggestion ☺️
Message 15 of 21 (383 Views)

★★ Pro

No, what no one realizes is that the game decides how good you play. It's about player retention. I too have had issues with controlling recoil / aim and just missing easy shots in general when I've spent countless hours trying to perfect it. And even when I did I sometimes went back to feeling like I had to learn it all over again. Everyone has "off" days, but the way this happens here is rediculous. There is a reason why many people feel like the aim in Apex is "off". That's because it's being done deliberately. 

If you've ever played guitar you'll know what I mean. You can learn to play a song and eventually you can play it with your eyes closed, perfectly, every time. This should be no different. Sometimes it felt like my aim was pushed off of target deliberately, like I had to fight the recoil just a little bit harder than usual. The in game sensitivity settings can be altered by the game at any time it sees fit, making you over / under shoot your target to give you an advantage or disadvantage, making your aim / gameplay better / worse. This leads to more gameplay as you'll try to improve to compensate for what you think is bad aim. Or more gameplay due to you thinking you've actually improved. 

There is a video explaining the whole thing in detail and I think this deserves a lot more attention from the gaming community in general. 

https://youtu.be/vYAyCHvhYOQ

Message 16 of 21 (378 Views)

[ Edited ]

@xamkhann You're welcome! Another option to work on Aim is spend sometime in the firing range with a friend and practice. That's something my friends and I do when we are struggling.  Just to add what Cheese suggested, if it is RX make a list of the side effects when you do see your physician again. That can help them narrow down the list of medications that will work better for you. I'm horrible at Apex when I'm tired, even if I have to much caffeine for the day my aim goes right out the window. Hope ya feel better soon.

@Cheese9Man Congrats! Did you have to work in an ER? Few years ago I allowed resident doctors and medical students treat me at the hospital. I was an extremely unusual case and extremely difficult diagnosis for the ER staff. I even let a medical student perform a spinal tap in triage. It's not really painful when they do it, but about 24-48 hours later you definitely feel it! The way I saw it, if I could help those students learn and prep for their careers why not? Plus they were right out of medical school so their education is fresh.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 17 of 21 (355 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@DarthValtrex Yup I usually rotate for about 2 weeks in the ER every month and a half. The pandemic really took our workload to a whole new level and playing apex legends with my non-medical friends outside work helps me relax a lot. Glad you're doing better and letting our future doctors learn. The experience they got from you would help them take care of other patients as well. Thank you. Now let's kill people in Olympus/World's Edge. LOL!
Message 18 of 21 (349 Views)

@Cheese9Man Oh I bet, sitting there in the ER going uh.. I mean I knew this was possible, but I did not sign up for a Pandemic during medical school! LOL

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 19 of 21 (343 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@Sand_spitter thanks a lot for taking time and explaining it in detail and i really appreciate it, I'm going to watch the video as well for sure. <3
Message 20 of 21 (333 Views)