Re: Luck o' the Zombie preview.

by The_R3aper007

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@Iron_Guard8 wrote:

@brady3176 my understanding of the wizard's cost after the prize map is that he will be 500k coins in the Rux store. While I'd prefer him to be more easily accessible, getting variants in GW1 and 2 could take awhile as you had to get stickers in packs or via Infinity time for the party variants. I do find it better that he costs coins over rainbow stars, but I hope he's universally available and will be a permanent fixture in Rux's store (the same goes for all future characters). If we have say, 4 new characters added this year, I'd like people that don't get them from the prize map to be able to save coins and know they can get the characters at any time once they have the coins to do so, having all 4 characters in the store among his normal rotation offerings. Assuming they keep adding even more past that, I still want to see all characters always available in the Rux store at all times. His list can scroll so it's already feasible.

I'm pretty sure you can now always buy prize bulbs by clicking on a spot on the map when you lack bulbs and then it asks if you want to do so, but not 100% sure on that. I admit the temptation to buy bulbs to get the wizard early is definitely a thing.

@Iron_Guard8   I can confirm this is correct as I had a dreadful, stupid and to be honest super annoying moment a couple of weeks ago when fiddling about in the map ... did one click too many and suddenly bought 5 bulbs for 250 rainbow stars (that I really didn't need, as haven't gained any earned bulbs for about 2 weeks now) ... I had only just managed to get a over a 1000 rainbow stars. I was almost sick.
I still have not made up the loss Frown I was so annoyed with myself and the stupid rainbow stars system, it took all my effort not to just delete the game altogether. I nearly cried lol but it was my own stupid fault. Had to chat to @ToastedSarnie to regain my composure Large smile
I do however really hate the rainbow star system and will hold on to them like my life depends on it now. They are far too hard to earn in the game.... even with the measly extra 20 we get with the weekly challenges now.

Message 31 of 40 (419 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

I'm no fan of RL currency in games. I know things have changed and games are far more complex and the cycle of updates are a far cry from buying a cartridge for my Colecovision, but I would like to at least see a rebalance of how many rainbow stars people earn by playing. I would make it be at least 50 for the prize map spots and instead of 10-20-30, I would make it 20-30-50 for the weekly. The new weekly rewards are much better than coins-coins-40 stars as you can play a little and get some, but you still have to get all 3 just to make as many as you used too. Some of us do buy them but that's our choice to do so. I really don't want people feeling forced to spend money, it's one reason I stopped playing World of Tanks.

Message 32 of 40 (404 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@asabaida 😥💔👩‍⚕️🌻😊
Awww, not sure I helped much & I felt sick in sympathy for you....
I really dislike them being available in the map like that, I think it's too easy to buy them accidentally. I now nervously triple-check I've got enough bulbs for every item!
Message 33 of 40 (394 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

Oooooooooooooo..... the Wizard has arrived and is in the character booth but of course locked atm Large smile prize map isn't updated yet though think thatll be in 30 mins or so Large smile

Message 34 of 40 (354 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

I'm rather excited which at my age isn't always a good thing. But I still have 3 hours of work left so will have to wait!

Message 35 of 40 (352 Views)

★★ Pro
@Iron_Guard8 Yeah the average player can get 500k coins in a week. Getting the wizard in the prize map will probably take 2 weeks.
Message 36 of 40 (345 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@shurikeninja 
I don't think we will be able to buy it straight away though... my understanding was he would only be for sale after the prize map ends? Am I wrong? Hope I am Large smile

Message 37 of 40 (339 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@asabaida I think you're right. We'll have the Corn upgrade available to buy for rainbow stars this month (no idea about beyond) & Wizard available for coins next month & hopefully permanently available 🤞
Message 38 of 40 (333 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Do players have to level up the new Zombie Wizard character now to unlock the "Time to Seriously Go Outside" achievement?

I hope not. Levelling up all the characters to Master rank is already a huge pain in the * already with zero incentive.

Organize some Double/Triple XP or bring back the GW2 Quest Board & Double XP meter.

Message 39 of 40 (308 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@The_R3aper007 No, it shouldn't change the achievement, I don't think.
If you look at the achievement it says "promote 20 characters to the level of master".

However, I would also guess the wording of that means if you promote 19 of the 20 starting characters but then decided to master Wizard as the 20th, rather than say Citron that that should also count??? 🤔
Message 40 of 40 (290 Views)