Original Post

Re: Luck % - Community Experiment

★★★ Apprentice

Houseofcantor... that would be very unlucky for Luck I guess...! 😂

Message 11 of 59 (243 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

@ECKHART974 wrote:

Understand the point about the period observed but I posted this post to see what people are experiencing and for example 54hrs of gaming is an awful amount of time in gaming terms.

The point of the post was to try and establish if people with over 90% luck are getting more loot than people with 80-90%.

Thanks for sharing!

There youtube vidoe comparing 0,90,160+% luck runs killing 40 furies each.

Resulats are exactly the same. Luck is meaningless and so is this games loot. So are legendaries. Everything is broken adn stupid, barely functions.

And yes luck need to die in a fire. It HAS to go. It handicaps everyone.

Message 12 of 59 (240 Views)

★★ Pro

@ECKHART974 wrote:

Understand the point about the period observed but I posted this post to see what people are experiencing and for example 54hrs of gaming is an awful amount of time in gaming terms.

The point of the post was to try and establish if people with over 90% luck are getting more loot than people with 80-90%.

Thanks for sharing!

Sorry, but it isn't, you need a control group (no luck at all) and then various grps with differing amounts of luck. In the space of 54 hrs you would not be able to determine whether it was RNG or Luck responsible for the drops. As there is Luck and RNG as factors you have no way to separate them based on a short space of time. Any results you get in such a short period could be based solely on RNG, how would you tell the difference? I think its an admirable goal but in the end any results you obtain in such a short space of time will be meaningless imo.

Message 13 of 59 (229 Views)

★★ Guide

@ECKHART974 wrote:

Houseofcantor... that would be very unlucky for Luck I guess...! 😂

The problem with doing any data collection is that the game is buggy af. You'd just be spinning your wheels at the moment. And luck really needs to die in a fire. XD

Message 14 of 59 (224 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Realistically, you can't get at this data empirically in a decent way. Nor are 20 forum posts enough to go off, given the scarcity of drops.

You could make a google spreadsheet and just ask people to add to that, and calculate the distribution, but then you'd have reporting bias (people perhaps more likely to report lucky/unlucky runs, difficult to determine); and you'd also have the chance people would enter false data.

Either way, this is asking the player base to report something that developers could make obvious. I see no reason not to tell players 10% luck equates to 1% increase in chance for any drop to be legendary, or whatever the system is. I see no reason to keep this kind of system opaque, unless you're deliberately trying to mislead players or it's broken. A petition for developers to explain the system would have more impact than petitioning players to report their drop %s, in that sense.

Message 15 of 59 (212 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Also - why luck exists in the first place is a game design mystery to me.

The basic proposition, is decrease the combat potential of your build, in favour of better loot.

In a singleplayer game, this might be ok, and let me gear down to a situation where combat is more challenging but also more rewarding.

In a multiplayer game, it makes no sense. Do I expect my team to carry me more, so I get more stuff? I really struggle to see in that context how it's a sensible design element.

Message 16 of 59 (208 Views)

★★ Guide

It's a junk stat to keep players grinding. They don't need to be clear about it, they just need to make it go away.

Message 17 of 59 (205 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
Lucky for me, I don't get ANY items with luck on them. So I have no way of knowing. Not one piece of anything I've ever gotten has luck. So looks like there's a new problem.
Message 18 of 59 (201 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

DeityDi whilst done over a fairly small-ish amount of time, I think it shows does help to show that killing 160 furies in addition to more enemies I’m guessing, is rewarding you with no legendary item.

Another post that goes in favour of luck still making no difference AND that legendary drops are too rare.

I mean killing 160 furies is A LOT of work done, which would deserving of at least a few Legendaries.

Again, some people may think that’s not a lot of playing but for me that amount of playing should be rewarded.

Thanks for sharing!

Message 19 of 59 (191 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Hey Haruchai, you don’t have to apologise buddy, we are all entitled to our points of view, no worries.

I believe that 54hr without getting a legendary is a hell of a long time, especially when the game fails at giving a goal to Freelancers at the moment.

If there was something else to aim for, other than the boring challanges like the challenges if valor and the next one where you have to kill thousands of Scars, thousands of Dominions, thousands of Outlaws... people might not be fixated as much on getting Legendaries. It is really the only thing to do after a short while.

Just to clarify, the idea wasn’t to get a fully detailed scientific study with calculated odds of a chance of a legendary drop - simply trying to see how many people have noticed that more luck equals more legendary drops.

I am well aware it could be an isolated happening, that’s why I wanted to get more comparative data. It only has to be over 1-2hr session each time, repeated over the community, that would have painted some sort of picture.

If someone had told me that Legendary Items were the only thing to aim for and that you would have NONE after 54hr, I wouldn’t have bought the game to start with. Pretty sure I wouldn’t be the only one.

Message 20 of 59 (180 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help