Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: Luck % - Community Experiment

by buddahcjcc

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Newbie
  1. So, I'm confused. Does this mean I want to equip roughly 6 pieces of items that are roughly 30% Luck? For a total of 190%? Or does this assume the base for all players starts at 100% and you just need something like 3 items of around 30% for the max cap? I have little over 150%, actual(all items alone.) 
Message 51 of 59 (171 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I have been running GM3 Freeplay most of the weekend and I still can't decide if luck means anything.

I have a luck stat of 92. Over 2 hours on Friday evening and 2 hours on Saturday evening. Just GM3 Freeplay.

On Friday I pulled 2 Legends and 14 MWs

On Saturday I pulled 10 MWs

Message 52 of 59 (167 Views)

★ Guide

@Dehdstar wrote:

So, I'm confused. Does this mean I want to equip roughly 6 pieces of items that are roughly 30% Luck for a total of 190%? Or does this assume the base for all players starts at 100% and yiu just need something like 3 items of around 30% for the max cap? I have little 150%, actual(all items, alone.) 

3 items of 30, for a total of +90 is the cap.

Everything we have been told points to Luck being pretty minor though. There are other effects in the loot equation that mean more, and they still don't mean a lot...so Luck must be even less. NTM the huge variation we see in what people believe Luck does, how much does what, etc. is fairly proof that the Luck boost is below even a groups RNG noise.

Message 53 of 59 (162 Views)

★★★★ Newbie

I think your right. I feel like Power has something to do with it, too. I didn't start getting Legendary and decent masterwork drops until I went over 500 power.

Message 54 of 59 (148 Views)

★ Apprentice

I think more luck you need then you have in item. Some people with 0% have more legendary then ppl with 200 Standard smile

Message 55 of 59 (142 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

120+ hours of gameplay with only colossus on GM1 and GM2. I've never tried GM3. Power level 718. I've never ever had any luck in my build.

Colossus: 8 legendary

Interceptor : 2

Storm: 1

Ranger : 1

+ 2 legendary weapons and 1 legendary Universal component

Message 56 of 59 (141 Views)

★ Guide

@Dehdstar wrote:

I think your right. I feel like Power has something to do with it, too. I didn't start getting Legendary and decent masterwork drops until I went over 500 power.

Nope. Dev said power level is not part of the loot drop equation. It does use character level though.

Message 57 of 59 (138 Views)

★ Apprentice

Meybe luck is how much you have chace to drop no matter what kind of drop

Message 58 of 59 (128 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Guide

nning 80-90% the past three runs of Tyrant Mine on GM1, 3 MW, craploads of purples and blues

Message 59 of 59 (116 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help