Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: Luck % - Community Experiment

by Arreyanne

Original Post

★★★ Apprentice

Arreyanne, what the difference between your buids in term of luck and power level?

Another person reporting hearing the ghost of Prince (RIP)... bloody Purple Rain...! 😂

Message 31 of 59 (217 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Apprentice

@ECKHART974 wrote:

Arreyanne, what the difference between your buids in term of luck and power level?

Another person reporting hearing the ghost of Prince (RIP)... bloody Purple Rain...! 😂

Eckhart,

I run a Interceptor at 704 and have 87 luck, I prefer damage

He runs a storm at 710 and has 125 luck

He freezes stuff I kill it

Message 32 of 59 (210 Views)

★ Guide
It's a variable and another variable; meaning it's practically impossible to discern what is actually happening.

Let's say luck is a direct modifier to drop rate, well if your drop rate is 0-.9 you wouldn't ever see enough of a significant difference to determine luck is doing anything at all (as an example) even if it tripled the number.

This also means there's the potential of one player having a significantly higher base drop than another player making it seem like the luck modifier is actually hindering the second player.

RnG is gonna be RnG no matter how much you multiply it by.

End of ramble
Message 33 of 59 (207 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
I'm not being negative but I'm so sick of hearing/ reading about luck.

Obviously it's luck...so it's dry streaks and hot runs, and every variation of cadence in between. As everyone knows or should know by now because the devs outright said it.. 190% ( base 100+ 90= 190% ).

Thats the max so stick close to it and just try and have fun, Never forget that part.
Message 34 of 59 (181 Views)

I have been getting about 1-2 Legendary pieces a week.  Since I have about 150 hours in the game, and around 8 total legendary pieces, you do the math.  I read about people getting 2-3 a run, and just shake my head, cause I know my luck is bad in things like Lotto, and games of chance, this just proves it. 

Glad people are doing well with their drops, maybe one day, I will get enough to move up and on...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am NOT an EA employee, I am just a simple gamer like most everyone else here volunteering my help to those who may can use it .....That means I have to pay for my games just like you, lol.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 35 of 59 (166 Views)

★ Apprentice

The main problem with luck is that a majority of people do not understand how +190% works when it comes to odds of getting something. For an easy to understand example: Let us say with 100% luck for every 100 npcs defeated there is a chance of 1 legendary dropping. Which would be a probability of 0.01 or 1% chance of getting a legendary. If luck is changed to 190% then 1.9 x 0.01= 0.019 or 1.9% chance of getting a legendary. So yes, it may do something but the odds of getting say a legendary is still very low.

Message 36 of 59 (154 Views)

★★★★ Newbie

lvl 30 GM 2 in free play with great amount of %luck dont know how many exactly but i do know its great i dont expect having alot of legendary as long as i got masterwork im happy but today on my daily playing did some events, killed some legendary monster and my loot was all blue/purple and i even saw some green too ... like wtf !!! i do love that game im not with those people that say anthem is a big fail but man the loot system in this game really suck for me it is the only major problem and also those loading screen xD 

Message 37 of 59 (131 Views)

★★ Guide

Luck stats arent the only factor....equip all your highest power gear prefably with some luck, run gm 3 only with people who are about equal to your level....enjoy the legendary rain...fyi you wont get a legendary to pop every 5min but you are pretty much guarenteed 1 or 2 every hour or so IF you play as a team....

Message 38 of 59 (127 Views)

★★★★ Guide

I got my first two legendaries without stacking luck, then at 90% Im getting one a day so far

Message 39 of 59 (119 Views)

Betreff: Luck % - Community Experiment

★★★★ Novice

The drop level depends on average item level of the group. And the much making seems to be very bad. As if this is the case the most important in matchmaking should be the same item level.

They definitely need to fix the drops in this game

Message 40 of 59 (110 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help