Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Luck % - Community Experiment

by ECKHART974

Original Post

Highlighted

Luck % - Community Experiment

★★★ Apprentice

Freelancers, we need your help to figure out what is going with Luck because that 90% cap on luck might not be working at the moment.

WHAT WAS SAID

I read an article according one of the technical heads at Bioware/EA explained that luck was capped at 90% max and anything else above that would be wasted. 

In addition, a great variety of posts have suggested that the sweer spot waa around 80%.

WHAT OUR SQUAD EXPERIENCED

Yesterday evening (21.03.2019), our squad of 4 witnessed something which you will want to know about:

1. Colossus  718   165%  3 Legendaries

2. Colossus  718   90%    0 Legendary

3. Colossus  718   77%    1 Legendary

4. Storm       718   88%    2 Legendaries

Obviously the one thing you want to know here is that based that 1:30hr session, that 165% stat was getting more legendary drops in that GM3 Freeplay session.

HOW YOU ALL CAN HELP

Can anyone share feedback on whether they are seeing similar things? Or experiment and purposely recreate similar parameters?

All with the same power, and varied luck stats, some above 90%  and some within 80-90%?

The more info, the better our chances of seeing if this was purely a coincidental result or if the community can paint a picture that shows that the cap is not working....etc...

Thanks Freelancers!

Message 1 of 59 (780 Views)

Re: Luck % - Community Experiment

★★ Guide

The loot drops are inconsistent in the game. I had a luck of 90 exactly when playing during the weekend and on Monday. I got just one legendary item on Saturday. However, on Sunday I got 8-9 legendary items and about 6 legendary items on Monday. Then I did not get any legendary items nor on Tuesday nor on Wednesday. And I did not get any legendaries yesterday (Thursday) until switched to another javelin but that's a totally different story.

As we have no information about the base value of luck we can't really assess the effect of additional +90% luck. E.g. if the base value of legendary drop is 0.1% then increasing it by 90% will make it 0.19% chance of a legendary drop.

And if you want to get statistical data then you need to do a lot of runs doing the same mission, e.g. 100 runs in HoR with each value of Luck.

A friend of mine had 22 runs in HoR without getting any legendary items, although he got about 15 legendaries within two days before the "unlucky" 22 runs and he is constantly getting 5-6 legendary items per day after. As he is collecting the statistical data the value of Luck is constant.

Message 2 of 59 (766 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I think it's the RNG that's broken more than luck. Over 6 days playing around 54 hours with Ranger sat on 88% luck I got 1 legendary (playing GM 1 and 2) 

The next day (today actually) I dropped down to 54% luck. Equipped legendaries with damage boost rather than MW luck rolls. 

Did a Legendary contract on GM2. Higher gear score, lower luck stat. 2 legendary drops on 1 mission from standard non elite enemies. 

Message 3 of 59 (755 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Thanks for that AI, it makes sense and that is in line with I believe.

I read a few article where people reported about 1% if memory serves me right.

Changing javelin, from my colossus to interceptor with 30% luck, I got a Legendary Component with 5 minutes on GM1 Freeplay. It does seem like there is something into this, because other people have that to me. Not sure why that is.

22 runs without a legendary, I don’t think that should be happening, thanks for sharing that.

Thanks for sharing!

Message 4 of 59 (732 Views)

★ Apprentice
Luck's broken mate, I ran with 88% luck one night and picked up a couple of masterworks, maybe one every other game.
The next night I thought sod it and went with my best gear 0% luck and picked up 4 MW and a Legendary in one game of Tyrant.
Just play with the gear that best makes your Javelin an asset to the team.
Message 5 of 59 (727 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

6 days around 54hr with 1 legendary, sorry to hear that - Bioware/EA need to take that sort of feedback into account, that goes against the idea of having fun, that would frustrate anyone. Investing 54hrs into this game for that timy reward seems almost insulting... :-(

One thing I would say, it is worth doing GM3 on Freeplay with 3 people, either from your friends’ list or joining forces with the 3 people in your session - that is where most of my legendaries come from (about 20 now).

Thanks for sharing!

Message 6 of 59 (725 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Thanks BFB, another feedback that confirms that luck and/RNG is broken... 

Doing this to create a platform for Bioware/EA to see that despite the latest patch, things are still not working.

Thanks for sharing!

Message 7 of 59 (722 Views)

★★ Guide

Luck needs to die in a fire 🔥 🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥

Message 8 of 59 (715 Views)

★★ Pro

@TomButler89 wrote:

I think it's the RNG that's broken more than luck. Over 6 days playing around 54 hours with Ranger sat on 88% luck I got 1 legendary (playing GM 1 and 2) 

The next day (today actually) I dropped down to 54% luck. Equipped legendaries with damage boost rather than MW luck rolls. 

Did a Legendary contract on GM2. Higher gear score, lower luck stat. 2 legendary drops on 1 mission from standard non elite enemies. 

I don't think RNG is broken, I just think its RNG. Unless you amass data over a period of months, any short term study will not be empirical.

Message 9 of 59 (708 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Understand the point about the period observed but I posted this post to see what people are experiencing and for example 54hrs of gaming is an awful amount of time in gaming terms.

The point of the post was to try and establish if people with over 90% luck are getting more loot than people with 80-90%.

Thanks for sharing!

Message 10 of 59 (696 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help