Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Low FPS with RTX2060 and 4670k

by HueLight

Original Post

Low FPS with RTX2060 and 4670k

★★★★ Novice

I have 20-30fps in game and GPU usage is below 40% most of the time.

its not matter so much what settings i use i still get low fps. the only places i get better FPS is closed areas during missions.

i have a feeling that the game does not use all my CPU. because i saw on others with similar CPU like mine getting much better FPS than me.

i have 16GB ram 1600MHZ btw.

Message 1 of 41 (355 Views)

Re: Low FPS with RTX2060 and 4670k

★★★★ Novice

No idea why it behave like this bu definitely not the GPU problem since I have tried using GTX960 on low setting and it was smooth.

Message 2 of 41 (349 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

hi there, it seems your cpu is bottlenecking. i assume you got a i5, that one runs at only 3.4Ghz out of the box

since its a k model though, you can overclock it quite good. youll have to check which mainboard you got first though.

here is a video on YouTube for a Z87-G45 mainboard, just so you got an example of what to look for. looks like you can overclock it to 4.6 Ghz though if you overclock for the first time you might want to go with 4.4Ghz.

i can pretty much assure you 60fps with this chip at 4.4Ghz

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tNTQ3ZanvbA

Message 3 of 41 (346 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

Sure you don’t have a low-power setting enabled somewhere? Most people with intel/nvidia setups have complained their cpu/gpu are running 100% all the time.

Message 4 of 41 (344 Views)

★ Guide
that maybe too but i doubt that you can run 60 fps in anthem with 3.4 Ghz. its cpu heavy af
Message 5 of 41 (340 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Does this game even utilised multi-core? or single core heavy?
Message 6 of 41 (335 Views)

★★★★ Novice

CPU load is 60-80%. sometimes it happened to me that it was 100% so i setted it to realtime and then whole pc freeze for 20 seconds and then it goes back to 60-80% and it gets unfreezed.

my motherboard is gigabyte h87-hd3 so i dont know how much i can overclock.

CPU-Z shows my clockspeed is 3800mhz and cpu temps are 50-55c while playing.

Message 7 of 41 (332 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

how high you can overclock is not dictated by you mainboard. its just that like with graphics cards, different brands got different settings.

im giving you another video guide here. check if this is how your bios looks.the video is Abit clumsy but thats not unsusual with thos. note the settings he has and copy them. he overclocks to 4.3 Ghz which is really safe so dont worry. its really reeeeally hard to actually brick your computer, and youd need to run it for a couple hours to burn the cpu (also youd smell it...alot)

3.8Ghz btw is the max boost clockspeed for this chip so it got most likely boosted before you got it. but thats no overclock, and as far as i kno only works on one core.

run the settings, check your temps (anything under 75° is fine) and check back if you are crashing. that just means you need to adjust your settings.

i advise you to do so because with a rtx 2060 youll always be bottlenecked. do it now and be fine for 1 or 2 years.

if you totally screw up you can always reset your bios and all is back to how it was. there is enough tech forums to get some guidance also.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jVweSgrDy14

i encourage you to do it, thank me later

Message 8 of 41 (325 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

> cpu heavy

Really? Because I’m running an i5-2500k on high-ish graphics. If I turn them down, the frame rate goes up, so I didn’t think it was cpu limited.

Message 9 of 41 (320 Views)

★ Guide

@Flauspid wrote:
Does this game even utilised multi-core? or single core heavy?

industry standard is still 4 cores as far as i kno, though im no expert...just overclocking myself. most of the load goes onto one core though. thats why low frequency with high corecount doesnt work so well for gaming

Message 10 of 41 (318 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help