Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Loving this game

by keymose25

Original Post

Loving this game

★★ Novice

So I have played a lot of games over the year and I have never felt the need to comment on them either I like them and enjoy them, or I don't and I don't play them. That being said I abolition love the nostalgic feeling I get playing this game I has a feel almost like an old school game like Contra in an iron Man suit. Thank you guys so much I've been waiting for this game since I saw the first trailer I think almost two years ago now and it was in no way a dissapointment gameplay wise or story. if you guys/gals could tell me if this happens due to a bug idk. Every now and the from what I have seen any time I'm in free play and I bring back lots of loot the game freezes right before getting to the items in the mission end screen and I have to reload then when I do I have to go back out to Freeplay and exit Freeplay again before I get the loot

Message 1 of 13 (322 Views)

Re: Loving this game

★ Guide

Great. What game are you actually talking about?

Message 2 of 13 (296 Views)

★★★★ Novice

He is talking about Anthem. AKA Contra in an Iron Man suit. 

I will say I am really liking the game as well. There are some bugs but big shout out to the guys at Bioware because the feedback has been given and they have already corrected a lot of the issues with the game. Its neat that they can tweek things from the server side without having to push an update.

Message 3 of 13 (290 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

There are still bugs that need to be fixed, but at least for now it would seem they are taking our feedback on board.

I think somebody posted a work around for the loot bug. I can't remember if it was given when you go back to freeplay or it ends up in your vault/forge.

Message 4 of 13 (252 Views)

★★★ Guide

A beautiful disaster. I play the snot out of it. I've had it wonk out, but I usually get a message on the screen when I load back in. Haven't had to start Freeplay up again to get the stuff. And yeah, a bug, or glitch; or something.

@Foofer37 wrote:

Great. What game are you actually talking about?

Your mom.

Message 5 of 13 (242 Views)

★★ Guide

ye same...freeplay is relaxing and dungeons are a challenge if you want them to. graphics are great loot feels rewarding since you dont get showered with it...especially legendarys. but ye, its still Abit buggy. cant go into TM for 6 days or so now

Message 6 of 13 (231 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Yeah free play is where its at. I have only about 60 hours in the game but have gotten 4 legendaries and all 4 have come from free play.

Message 7 of 13 (224 Views)

★★ Guide

I think in it's current state...Anthem players sort have this...."I Love It...I Hate It"...going on where they love the gameplay, mechanics, world design and action...just hate the technical, bugs, glitches issues that are all over. I was at the point of just shelving the game because of the issues in Quickplay...but a few days ago fired it back up...whn I could finally get in...and started in Freeplay which has been fun again trying to do challenges and find items.

But I find it interesting that all these I Hate Anthem posters are always around and keep on posting....if the game ticked me off, I be spending my time elsewhere....but they're always around...hmmmm

Message 8 of 13 (204 Views)

★ Expert

@NiteSkyLkr wrote:

I think in it's current state...Anthem players sort have this...."I Love It...I Hate It"...

But I find it interesting that all these I Hate Anthem posters are always around and keep on posting....if the game ticked me off, I be spending my time elsewhere....but they're always around...hmmmm

I love the game and am having a blast, sure it needs quite a bit of spit and polish, but I honestly don't understand the same little group of posters that often spam threads with very little constructive criticism other than their usual "this game is trash, it won't last 6 months", many of which have been banned from the forum only to return on a new account, and continue to troll and spam threads.

We all really need to just ignore them and not respond, and try not to fuel their need for attention. I feel sorry for them honestly and they really should seek some help.

Message 9 of 13 (194 Views)

★ Guide

@NiteSkyLkr wrote:

I think in it's current state...Anthem players sort have this...."I Love It...I Hate It"...going on where they love the gameplay, mechanics, world design and action...just hate the technical, bugs, glitches issues that are all over. I was at the point of just shelving the game because of the issues in Quickplay...but a few days ago fired it back up...whn I could finally get in...and started in Freeplay which has been fun again trying to do challenges and find items.

Anthem is definitely easy to love when you are not hitting any technical problems. I have been fortunate in that I have not had any major technical problems, just some sporadic server shutdowns, some infrequent crashes, and some audio glitches. That sounds like a lot of problems but usually I can play an entire evening without something happening. More frustrating has been the lack of content and the progression ending too early, even for a launch product, and all of the poorly balanced gear and bugs that are not showstoppers, but still suck. For example, I got locked out of Tyrant Mine due to a bugged instance, and now have to get someone who can enter it to run me through. That stuff sucks. But, overall, I love my time with Anthem.

As for the haters, well, some of the hate is justified. EA and BioWare released the game at least three months too early, and they should and are paying the price for that. That is on them, no excuses. But I am not a fan of the useless, incessant hate either. Hate has become such an engrained part of gaming now, and when a major release occurs - especially an online one - the amount of it is staggering. It has even become a whole industry, with many YouTubers making careers on it. I find it funny that the videos bashing games get literally 100 times the views as videos that provide helpful guides. It speaks to the schadenfreude we have when watching something bad happen to others. Every problem is magnified, every success gets no mention.

Message 10 of 13 (181 Views)
Twitter Stream