Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: Love this game...lets talk colossus

by OdysseyHome

Original Post

★★★★ Novice

@NoirNine wrote:

Try changing Solvent to Fist of the Crucible. I find chaining combos back to back ends up working better than Solvent on tougher enemies. And its pretty easy to keep the stack size up, making it deep decent damage. But it's still reliable on melee detonating, but that's kind of the class. 

I was thinking of this. maybe my issue is the fact that his primers and melee detobator is the class. Im killing it with interceptor but man i love the big guy

Message 11 of 17 (132 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Novice

I play collosus to and had those issues to begin with. My eureka moment was when I realised shield ramming has no cooldown and staggers foes. Ram a foe, let go of movement, sprint again... Can push foes into cover then trample them, they can't shoot when staggered, can also damage shields and save ammo for health.

Can also fly to ram faster than sprinting and to swat hovering foes from the sky. Used to be able to do this to storms but they got stealth patched (need to chip their shield down first before raming) Can still do it to scar hunters.

Collosus shield also has fastest base recharge but needs to be stowed so trick is to only use it when you need it... I toggle like mad now while running wild bowling foes down to disrupt the enemy and help the team deal damage. Collosus is the stagger master!

My only criticism is the auto and GL weapons don't deal significant damage... I have to buff with acid and battle cry. You're right that his damage comes from combo aoe... Wish the guns get buffed to make more builds viable.

Message 12 of 17 (121 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@Banfilidh 

One of the guns I still have never seen as a legendary. Never seen 2 colossus abilities, 4 cannons/launchers, or 6 components. But i do have 3 legendary amulet of winters for the storm I've never even loaded in the forge.

Message 13 of 17 (115 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

There is no point to use best defense over solvent green because you lost a lot of combo damage not to mention the damage buff and its DPS also better I think and you can also prime.     Just use the grenade launcher for heal . You can set your armor full withing a few sec any time you want after a bit of practice no cd etc.    Anything is better than the best defense.

Also I see a lot of colossus use the shield pulse while the other support ability is much better +30%dmg.

I have just soloed the TOS GM3 first chest (because nobody joined) with solvent green+volatic setup.   I doubt I could have done this with best defense without falling asleep because the damage is so low with that.

Message 14 of 17 (115 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Voltaic Dome, Solvent Green, Ralners, Demolition Tribute & high armour.

What else can match this?

Break shields with either sheild bash or ground slam, freeze combo, fire combo, freeze combo, etc.

Only tough enemies survive one or two combos, but even Legendarys are stun locked.

Message 15 of 17 (91 Views)

@LegendaryIII wrote:

Voltaic Dome, Solvent Green, Ralners, Demolition Tribute & high armour.

What else can match this?

Looks like an awesome build.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I don't work for EA, but I adore BioWare's Mass Effect, Dragon Age & Anthem.
I can be found here on EA Answers HQ and on BSN forums: http://bsn.boards.net
Message 16 of 17 (66 Views)

★★★★ Novice
The above posts are exactly what i mean. every other build ive tried does not match up to voltaic/solvent. and for me i have legendary overdrive component and my combos are nuts.
Always been a huge flak cannon guy in games, and Titans Hail fits the colossus so well. but neither are dets.
-I feel like there needs to be a buff to all non detanator builds accross the board.
Im tempted to just go double primers to help those interceptors out in the group.
-but a detanator flak cannon would go great with voltaic...
Message 17 of 17 (46 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help