Love and hate (what I think are the main problems)

by WINNI3TH3P00H

Original Post

Love and hate (what I think are the main problems)

★★ Novice

Let me preface by saying the core mechanics of this game are really really fun. The gun-play, movement, abilities, etc. are all huge positive points for this game (and the reason why I've continued playing). Also, the recent patch nerfing the wingman and adding gibraltar/caustic's damage reduction was very well thought out and definitely solved a lot of balance issues.

However, there are a few stark issues that remain and, so long as they remain, will stop me from playing this game. First and foremost: Pathfinder's hitbox. Oh my goodness, is his hitbox broken. I understand the logic behind it, and I'm all for better conforming the hitbox to the character model. However I'm flabbergasted when I shoot at him and get approximately 1 billion "hitmarkers" with very little damage. At first I thought I'd get use to it and, coupled with improving my aim, I wouldn't find it a problem after a while. I'm still having trouble knowing how to shoot at him. This sort of thing is infuriating and I often feel helpless. 

The other big issue I've encountered is server lag. Almost every game, I start getting this weird mouse input delay and it feels like I'm dragging my cursor through treacle. It becomes quite annoying when I'm trying to shoot people. I realise that this issue might not be as widespread, but it definitely detracts from the game's enjoyability. 

Finally, it's the lack of content. The battle-pass was just disappointing. I'm not that picky when it comes to updated content, and I'm not one of those people crying out for solos or other gamemodes (although I think that would be nice). I was just hoping that with the battle-pass I'd earn some dope-looking skins. It's unfortunate the only decent skin comes at the end (the two Havoc ones). The rest are, excuse my french, *. They're bland and ugly. Plus, there were almost no character skins?! It just felt like the battle-pass was rushed and added as an afterthought. Frown

Anyway, I'm sure there are people who don't care what I have to say. I'm also sure there are a few who agree with one or more of my points. I just wanted to express what I thought to be the game's biggest negative points. This game has so much potential and I just don't want to see it wasted. <3

Message 1 of 6 (280 Views)

Re: Love and hate (what I think are the main problems)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

pathfinder is like a treasure if hes on your team, and good.

the mouse problem at the start of the game? nah, i get slow down in the lobby when i first start the game then if the game is slow its all in slow motion not just the mouse. one time it was so bad i just hung in the air for a few minutes it was so good then i forgot to record it and was sad.

the battlepass? yeah i wish it was better. i got the basic and dont know what i benefit from it except the odd coins and skins. nice that it started with three skins at the start but if they let me pick a legendary i wanted then i would have been happier with the battlepass.

i want the brown beard legendary caustic and would like the battlepass to let me pick him.

Message 2 of 6 (268 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

I wonder if a Battle Pass upgrade would be a good way of providing people with a higher tier of items if they are willing to pay the extra?

At least that way the Battle Pass could still have an inclusive pricing as well as offering the better stuff that a lot of people do seem to want.

Message 3 of 6 (243 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I don't get the fascination with skins.  You see them at char select and that's it.  You aren't running around 3rd party checking yourself out, and if you are paying attention to the enemies skin then you are prob already dead.  No solo que, cheats, lag, tick rate, getting stuck in a pile at jump, and  one map.  Those are the problems with the game.  If you want to grind skins that's a personal goal, not a game playability concern.   

Message 4 of 6 (240 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@gg123xyz

Don't forget you can buy a Legendary if you save up your crafting materials while you level up to around the 100 mark.

If you have the Battle Pass you also get a Legendary Apex Pack which has a 100% chance of dropping a random Legendary item.

Plus, if you live in Belgium, where loot boxes are banned, you get a further 1,350 crafting materials which is enough to buy a Legendary skin.

Everywhere else get 1,000 Apex Coins from the Battle Pass.

So there is plenty of scope to get Legendary items from what you receive in the Battle Pass.

Message 5 of 6 (223 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

when i wear the bright red gibraltar clothes i get noticed by my opponent, i can tell. i dont like the clothes but i like to spook my enemy so i like to wear the bright gaudy gibraltar clothes.

if you wear white clothes the enemy hesitates to fight you but wear black clothes and the enemy is more aggressive towards you.

Message 6 of 6 (189 Views)