Re: Lotus Exige event - not shaping up well

by loukteo

Original Post

Lotus Exige event - not shaping up well

★★ Apprentice

Woo boy, I was hoping that the Jaguar event was an exception and not the new "normal" for new car events, but as of race 1 in day 4 of the Lotus Exige event, things do not bode well for this event.  The updated Shelby GT500 (non-Snoop Dogg edition) event that introduced the new staged rewards based on how many days you completed of the event was very much doable and a very nice change of pace.  Making BPs for the car available semi-permanently after the fact, and giving folks multiple ways of getting the car is great, and the difficulty on that event returned back to normal after the insanity of the final race of the Jaguar event.

Enter new update and Lotus Exige event.  Days 1 through 3 were fine, but it just took me 6 attempts to get through event 1 of day 4 because there are quite simply not enough ramps to accumulate the airtime needed, unless you hit every single one the exact right way.  And even then, you have to hit every single one perfectly - there is no room for error at all, and that is excessive.  I am anticipating that the final race of this event will wind up being another Jaguar final event that will be impossible to meet all of the requirements AND beat the opponents.  It may prove me wrong, yet, but I don't expect that it will.

Sadly, NFSNL is on its own in the market, at least on Android.  I suspect if there was a real competitor, it would end up better both for players and for both games, as it would drive both of them to improve if for no other reason than to try and one up the other game.  (Look at Forza Motorsport and Gran Turismo as a good example of this)  Anyway, I will report back my findings as the event continues on, but should someone from EA end up reading these forums at all - you might want to reconsider how you tune these events, because this is getting out of hand.

Message 1 of 9 (1,100 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
I'm finding the air time challenges Yu are better off not using nitro except when you need to pass a car. Once I get out in front, the other cars weren't catching me so no need to burn through the race.
It allowed me.to line up better when a ramp was in front of me and get a better jump of and not to miss ramps.
Message 2 of 9 (1,047 Views)

★ Apprentice

I see the new 6 day SE races as a socialized video game tactic.

Just think about it.  Before we would have won a normal, upgraded SE car in ( 5 ) days of racing and running about 14 less races at that.

Now, we have to race an additional day of 16 races just to get the upgraded car we would normally have had in ( 5 ) days.

So we have to play/work harder so that those that can't win an SE car the normal way get to have it anyway.  Everybody is a winner mentality : /

I say if you can't beat a normal SE then you Loose, you don't get the car.  That's in the real world : /

Message 3 of 9 (1,014 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

@52Urabus wrote:

I see the new 6 day SE races as a socialized video game tactic.

Just think about it.  Before we would have won a normal, upgraded SE car in ( 5 ) days of racing and running about 14 less races at that.

Now, we have to race an additional day of 16 races just to get the upgraded car we would normally have had in ( 5 ) days.

So we have to play/work harder so that those that can't win an SE car the normal way get to have it anyway.  Everybody is a winner mentality : /

I say if you can't beat a normal SE then you Loose, you don't get the car.  That's in the real world : /

Well, it could just as easily be a seven day event instead of a five day event. Essentially what you get for the sixth (gold) day versus the five (bronze) day is the benefit of not having to do an extra 500+ extremely tedious replay races for blueprints. I think it is OK to get in six days what it may have taken seven (or five) days otherwise. You still end up with a probably useless car.

Message 4 of 9 (1,004 Views)

★ Apprentice
The sixth day events were actually easier than most. The last final race had plenty of ramps, plenty of NOS lanes and all kinds of drifting room. Really easy to beat that one.
Message 5 of 9 (998 Views)

★★★ Novice

I was literally just coming here to post this exact same complaint.

I found it difficult enough to actually hit every jump, but the fact that the last jump was positioned too close to the finish line meant that I could never get enough airtime even when hitting every one. The best I got was 6.6 seconds out of 7.0, and I would have gotten that extra .4 seconds if it would have accounted for the full airtime of the last jump, but instead it would stop counting immediately upon crossing the finish line, mid-jump.

Message 6 of 9 (983 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Αντίγραφο του Screenshot_20171108-040717.jpeg

I did it after 6 days and nihgts.... and five times at last stage!!!!! 

Message 7 of 9 (957 Views)

★ Apprentice

I managed to get the bronze tier & have the basic car.

Message 8 of 9 (834 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I am still collecting Bps I want 30 to catch 8* It's my best sport car... At least this will max out sometime.... the other cars without replayable races how we max out these???? M1   or    one 1 ??????!!!!!

Message 9 of 9 (829 Views)