Lottery Bins not a good idea.

by Davenshir

Original Post

Re: Lottery Bins not a good idea.

★★ Guide

@DrunkenIrishmn wrote:

I believe I'm confused by your use of "I like more choice". Doesn't fortnite have a ton of skins to choose from? How does the company releasing new skins limit your choice of what you put on? They are one of the few in recent years I've found that let you purchase what you want and have multiple options to choose from. Loot crates isn't a good idea and hasn't been and shouldn't be working for most games.

You can buy all Apex skins without loot boxes.just buy coins,choose your skin,job done.in fortnite alot of skins come with the battlepass or are time locked  purchase.fortnite certainly has alot of skins,but the way they release them/put them behind passes etc pretty much shoe horns everyone towards the flavour/skin of the month.feels more like being a clone in fortnite than having a little uniqueness.

Loot boxes from what i can tell in Apex are basicly the choice for the people with less income to have ago at the expensive skins.thats fine and it also states the percentages of what you get and theres no duplicates.also if you don't get a legendary after 30 boxes you get one 100%,this is a massive step away fro mthe crap COD etc were pushing.some people on COD spent obscene amounts of money trying to obtain stuff in loot boxes because activision didn't publish their loot box percentages.knowing them it was like 0.1%......

Message 11 of 25 (358 Views)

★ Apprentice

Having to use a skin because its your best option is not a good way to keep customers happy. I would have already spent $100+ on this game if I could have bought the thi gs I wanted. Instead I have spent nothing.

Lets be realistic. This form of gambling makes for lazy artisits. The company makes a couple of unique skins, then just recolours them for filler. To lower the chance of you getting what you want to make you spend more.

If we pay for what we want, then they would actually have to be creative to earn our money. Which in turn enriches the game with far better esthetic content. 

Message 12 of 25 (344 Views)

★★ Guide

It tells you the stats on the packs before you buy them which is better than most games.

Message 13 of 25 (340 Views)

★ Apprentice

@ronson122 wrote:

@DrunkenIrishmn wrote:

I believe I'm confused by your use of "I like more choice". Doesn't fortnite have a ton of skins to choose from? How does the company releasing new skins limit your choice of what you put on? They are one of the few in recent years I've found that let you purchase what you want and have multiple options to choose from. Loot crates isn't a good idea and hasn't been and shouldn't be working for most games.

You can buy all Apex skins without loot boxes.just buy coins,choose your skin,job done.in fortnite alot of skins come with the battlepass or are time locked  purchase.fortnite certainly has alot of skins,but the way they release them/put them behind passes etc pretty much shoe horns everyone towards the flavour/skin of the month.feels more like being a clone in fortnite than having a little uniqueness.

Loot boxes from what i can tell in Apex are basicly the choice for the people with less income to have ago at the expensive skins.thats fine and it also states the percentages of what you get and theres no duplicates.also if you don't get a legendary after 30 boxes you get one 100%,this is a massive step away fro mthe crap COD etc were pushing.some people on COD spent obscene amounts of money trying to obtain stuff in loot boxes because activision didn't publish their loot box percentages.knowing them it was like 0.1%......

There is no option to buy the skins other than the two weekly ones. You can only purchase loot crates.

Message 14 of 25 (321 Views)

★ Guide

I don't mind loot boxes as an option as long as you can buy what you want too but it certainly would be nice to see more choices in the store.

The prices are kind of crazy too, I'm really enjoying this game and would like to spend some money to support it but then I look at what I can get for my money and it straight up puts me off, I mean $18 for a single skin!?!?!? If I paid $60 (a standard full game price) I could get a whopping 3 skins... Guess I'll be waiting to see if the season passes are more reasonable.

Message 15 of 25 (314 Views)

★ Apprentice

Yep way too much for weapon skins. $18? I think its a gross over evaluation of the product offered.

Message 16 of 25 (299 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Blizzard/overwatch isnt blizzard any more... its "Blizzard-Activision" Which is pretty much the same thing as EA... and their stocks have been going down too, a lot of people arent happy with the direction and practices they're using.

Shareholders who dont even play video games , analyzing little stats on a paper and coming up with idea's that look good on paper, but fail in practice for gaming Tongue out

Message 17 of 25 (293 Views)

★★ Novice

Support them and see the potential skins as a bonus?

Message 18 of 25 (289 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Not the type of business we as customers should be supporting. Buying it, validates it. Sustaining from purchasing sends the message we expect better from them. Only way things change. 

Message 19 of 25 (285 Views)

★★★ Novice
Skins make money because sheep buy them
Message 20 of 25 (278 Views)