Original Post

Re: Lost Treasures Patch discussion thread

★★★ Guide
@ILikeGlueHmm umm read the patch notes again
Message 41 of 143 (700 Views)

★★★ Pro

@EA_David 

So excited to try the new reworks and buffs.

I'm interested for Wraith as a main of hers. 

Not sure if the Octane buff will increase his usefulness to a team, but we'll see.

Love what Respawn did for Lifeline. She is going to feel unique and not Gibby's little sister :D

Message 42 of 143 (696 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@EA_David 

I think many of the changes are good and going to be interesting as they are gonna shake up the meta.

BUT, please stop nerfing popular and FUN legends just because of pick/ win rate and high skill players gravitating towards them. People are not neccessarily playing Wraith, Path and Lifeline because their kit is overpowerd. The play them because they like certain aspects of their kit (particularly mobility and fast heal), or their personalities (you created so many likeable characters, don't underestimate the effect on pick rate) etc. Also a lot of high skilled players gravitate towards those three legends because they provide mobility or fast heal, nerfing these legends is only gonna shift the problem towards other legends, who offer similar traits while not being liked as much personality wise, thus removing fun and immersion for those players.

A few suggestions:

- Wraith: Reduce tactical activation time to a max. of 0.7-0.9 second. Over one seconds is a LONG time in a game like Apex - imagine getting lasered and you need to get out, you don't only have to wait 1.4 seconds now but you also are getting slowed, making you even more prone to getting killed. This is gonna cause a lot of unbalance in combination with her being low profile and the slow down prior to tactical activation. If her tactical is not for aggressive pushes but for scouting, what is her usage really? Why should I use my i-frames just to scout, I can easily do this by smart positioning. When I am in need of the tactical, 1.4 seconds are too long and it's gonna be useless many times I reckon. She is an aggressive character, let her stay that way.

- Pathfinder: Reduce either cooldown on grapple to 25 seconds or remove low profile. The fact he is huge, pretty immobile when on cooldown and has low profile in conjunction with increased limb damage (being 70% limbs) is too much. Again, pick rate doesn't reflect true balance - especially in this case.

- Lifeline: Don't entirely remove her fast heal, just reduce it. While I like the new passive revive skill, I don't think it makes up for the removal of fast heal.

- Crypto Town Takeover: Please consider the "Map ping" mechanic for competitive and maybe even ranked. This seems insanely OP to know where people are at all times. Just bunker down there with Caustic/Wattson and have perfect intel at all times - what's the trade off?

I appreciate it if you read this and I hope you listen to some of the feedback posed in this thread by the community. As I said I like the general ideas but don't go to crazy with nerfing certain legends just because data suggests it! Thanks!

Message 43 of 143 (680 Views)

★★★★ Novice

The zip line thing is ridiculous. You guys keep nerfing him. He was my main but I’m not playing him now. Wraith is completely invulnerable with less cool down, now I can’t even reposition a team and not get shot up while on the line. The cool down time alone is *. 

Message 44 of 143 (666 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@Gh0stD3lta1134 Speed isn't even a factor? Speed is basically the only factor that matters besides change of direction lol
Message 45 of 143 (664 Views)

★★★ Novice

Please fix Caustic’s traps moving after being placed.  I used to main Caustic, but since his traps move more often than not I find him to be less efficient than before.

Message 46 of 143 (660 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@Gh0stD3lta1134 You have no idea what you talking about, or you have never ever encounter a good Octane. Oh you suggested practising in the range so yeah you have no idea what you talking about.
Luckily he get that 10% just when he spirits.

@Others. You guys know LL is balanced right? Ofc she doesn't get this huge buff for free.
Message 47 of 143 (660 Views)

★★ Expert

AAAAH THERE ARE SO MANY CHANGES

Message 48 of 143 (637 Views)

★★★ Newbie

So everyone gets a buff, except for bloodhound. If you dont like the character, then remove him from the game. This is just stupid. 

Message 49 of 143 (675 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@Jaseeem7 PFFFFFF BH got a lot of buff before and now is easily an A tier character.
Message 50 of 143 (674 Views)