Re: Losing money when getting busted is not a « fun » mechanic.

by Deliquescator

Original Post

★★★★ Pro
@BVBgamer88 I guess EA started this greedy thing after Carbon.Most of the games after Carbon are more of less rushed,some are alright like HP2010/Carbon some are rushed to incomplete state like MW2012/The Run.Ghost is a mix of ex-Criterion and ex-BB so they can't cooperate well,add this to the greedy pressure of EA.It's natural NFS is led to a doomed fate
Message 41 of 79 (1,005 Views)

@GK3512 wrote:
BVBgamer88 I guess EA started this greedy thing after Carbon.Most of the games after Carbon are more of less rushed,some are alright like HP2010/Carbon some are rushed to incomplete state like MW2012/The Run.Ghost is a mix of ex-Criterion and ex-BB so they can't cooperate well,add this to the greedy pressure of EA.It's natural NFS is led to a doomed fate

Believe it or not, NFS Carbon was also rushed too.

The game was supposed to be released in 2007, but the fans didn't want a year without a NFS game released.

EA listened to the fans and released the game in 2006, meaning Black Box had to cut out a whole lot of content from the game.

Three videos of cut content from NFS Carbon final release:

Need For Speed Carbon: Beta Map Comparison 

Need For Speed Carbon: Beta Crews 

Need For Speed Carbon: Small Things In The Beta 

However NFS Carbon was still a good NFS game, despite being rushed.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Need For Speed helper

I am not affiliated with EA in any way.

I have quit playing NFS No Limits. I will still be around to answer NFS No Limits questions.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 42 of 79 (990 Views)

★★ Guide
@GK3512 If black box was still around non of this would happen Need for Speed was still at its roots but now it seems like it has lost the way.
Message 43 of 79 (984 Views)

★★★★ Pro
@selticus1978 Really?the only BB game true to NFS root was HP2-PS2.BB was the dev chased FF trend and changed NFS completely.If any dev should bring the series back to its root it should be Criterion for their great work in the sorta rushed HP2010
Message 44 of 79 (976 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@GK3512What about Underground series that is Black Box creation too you know, Criterion destroy the game and now we have Ghost Games that is trying to put the pieces back together

Message 45 of 79 (969 Views)

★★★★ Pro
@selticus1978 Criterion used HP2010 to recreate HP style classic NFS.And saved NFS from BB continous failures like PS/UC.Without Criterion forced left Burnout series we may never see NFS survive to this day
Message 46 of 79 (950 Views)

★★ Expert

@selticus1978

Sadly in my opinion Ghost can't even make a complete game day one released.

So the pieces you commented about are all over the place 😑

This latest mess of Heat is Ghosts 3 games strike out if you ask me. 

2015 was goofed and depressing with no day light and other issues.

Than Payback looked and played like some Fast N Furious movie and not like a traditional NFS game.

Now Heat is overkill with cops who can sniff our rides out the minute we hit the streets. LOL 😂

So I really don't think I'll be buying another NFS game until the classic formation of NFS returns in some way.

Have a great day. 🙂

I enjoyed your comments too.

Message 47 of 79 (946 Views)

★★★★ Pro
@BLVD69 Judging by EA vision of NFS.Classic cannonball NFS will only return when they run out of options(which TBH this is it) and if they are gonna do so,they need a new dev other than rubbish Ghost
Message 48 of 79 (943 Views)

★★ Expert

@GK3512 

Yes a new Dev would be great!

Ghost has been very inconvenient to the community of players.

Also for the fact that three incomplete games on launch day is unacceptable for the price of these games.

I mean $80 x three games = $240 I now wish I could get refunded back.

Very depressing how Ghost and EA run away with our money and they promise the next game is going to be (The One).

Sadly next game comes and the presentation looks good until release day happens 

One migraine after the next on opening day 😭

So yes a new Dev would be hopefully better next round of NFS say in a few years. 

Take care and thanks for the truth. 🙂

Message 49 of 79 (938 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Yes. It. Is.

At first, I thought the same, Heat 3 was insane in my sub 200 rated 180SX and thought the game was broken but it isn't, you just need to take it easy at first.

For starters, once you get a car 250+ on performance, Heat Level 3 is fine and even 4 and 5 is escapable. 

I've run a Heat 5 chase in a 282 performance Nissan GTR, yes it was a challenge but I escaped and it was hella fun! Same thrills and heartpounding moments I got from Most Wanted <3

Perhaps they could lower the money taken when busted but in previous games they could impound your vehicle and all manner of things, so I don't think it's that big of an issue.

Besides, later on you can easily get $40k from a single race at levels 20+.

You just have to make sure, you do all the upgrades you need and spend your money before you go out at night in case you get caught.

But all in all I love the risk mechanics, makes you really think about avoiding the police when you don't wanna risk it and makes night racing so amazing.

Message 50 of 79 (895 Views)