Re: Losing money when getting busted is not a « fun » mechanic.

by NotoriousPoutine

Original Post

★★ Guide
@Yetskii I try to stay between heat 1 and 2 beyond that its game over.
Message 21 of 79 (1,425 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@selticus1978 Exactly.....hell I get nervous at LVL 2 and hope I can get away....it is crazy
Message 22 of 79 (1,422 Views)

★★ Guide
@Yetskii But in general i love this game despite the minor lets say problems, its the perfect NFS game in many years after underground series MW2005 & Carbon.
Message 23 of 79 (1,413 Views)

★★★ Guide

@Scirollo wrote:

Cry about it somewhere else, getting busted costs you money. Fines, impounded car, etc. 

Normally, i would agree with you, but it is a totally different problem when the cop cars have Ablative Hull Armour from the Defiant on DS9 and a Warp Drive for an Engine....

Message 24 of 79 (1,411 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Yeah, when I am doing 200MPH, there should be no way that they can catch up to me like they do...

Message 25 of 79 (1,407 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@NotoriousPoutine i think it add more reality because irl if you get arrested they fine you what i think it should depend on how much heat level you have you get diferent money loss like this
level 1: 10
level 2: 20
level 3: 35
level 4: 40
level 5: 50
like irl if you do something illegal not that bad the fine is lower but if you did something really bad ir higher
Message 26 of 79 (1,391 Views)

★ Apprentice
@selticus1978 No worries!
It might have looked like I was complaining, while in fact I extremely love the game. All in for harsh cops, hate easy games, my point was more towards losing half your bank. Thanks for your reply!
Message 27 of 79 (1,367 Views)

★ Apprentice
@ItsSebas420 Agree totally that a flat fine would be perfect! Tho right now it relies on % of total bank. So let say that % is 0.3, if I got a million in the bank, i’ll straight lost 300k, which does not make a lot of sense if you grinded for a while collecting 1 million. Tho losing money is crucial since if not, well you « risk » nothing by going up heat levels, you’ll just lose your multiplier... adding bank fines is the only think making it super risky.

Just not convinced a % of bank is the ideal decision for that mechanic. Tho yeah, give me a flat 50k fine for heat 5, well deserved. Heck when I get highspeed tickets, I pay the fine so this decision makes hella sense.
Message 28 of 79 (1,365 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

From what i can see, not many things make sense...

1. Cops are tougher than a tank.

2. Cops are faster than any other car in a game.

3. You have a choice of passive items which includes More HP for your car, Less Damage for impacts, Less Damage from Cops which unlock too late in the game to even be worth it.

4. Speedbreakers are gone... (what the f@$k is up with that?)

5. You lose money when you get busted, instead of a more "fun" vehicle impound which will make you get and customize more cars instead of playing the whole game with a single car.

Why not:

1. Add "Speedbreakers" in-game all around the map (Billboards, Scaffoldings, etc.). Once through a Speedbreaker, Cops get damaged based on the type of Speedbreaker and the proximity to it. Cops within 5 meters get disabled. Cops within 10 meters lose a percentage of HP.

2. Scale Max speed and HP of cop cars based on heat level:

- Heat Level 1 - Cops can take 2 hits (full impact) or 5 hits (lateral swipe). Maximum speed 170 KPH

- Heat Level 2 - Cops can take 3 hits (full impact) or 6 hits (lateral swipe). Maximum speed 180 KPH

- Heat Level 3 - Cops can take 3 hits (full impact) or 7 hits (lateral swipe). Maximum speed 180 KPH

- Heat Level 4 - Cops can take 4 hits (full impact) or 7 hits (lateral swipe). Maximum speed 200 KPH

- Heat Level 5 - Cops can take 5 hits (full impact) or 8 hits (lateral swipe). Maximum speed 250 KPH

Rhino units cannot be damaged, instead they just have to be avoided.

3. Add upgradeable "Reinforcements"  TAB for cars in the "Performance" tab, that will contain:

- Cage

--> Upgreadable

----> Sport (level 15) - 25% more HP, 10% loss of maximum speed, 5% loss in acceleration. $25k

----> Pro (level 25) - 50% more HP, 8% loss of maximum speed, 4% loss in acceleration. $50k

----> Super (level 40) - 75% more HP, 6% loss of maximum speed, 3% loss in acceleration. $75k

----> Ultimate (level 50) - 100% more HP, 2% loss of maximum speed, 1% loss in acceleration. $100k

- Tires

--> Upgreadable

----> Sport (level 15) - Reinflate tires - 5 minute cooldown, 10 second to fully inflate, 10% Max Speed loss. $25k

----> Pro (level 25) - Reinflate tires - 4 minute cooldown, 8 second to fully inflate, 7% Max Speed loss. $50k

----> Super (level 40) - Reinflate tires - 2.5 minute cooldown, 5 second to fully inflate, 5% Max Speed loss. $75k

----> Ultimate (level 50) - Reinflate tires - 1 minute cooldown, 2 second to fully inflate, 3% Max Speed loss. $100k

- ECU

--> Upgreadable

----> Sport (level 15) - Kill Switch Jammer - Cooldown 10 minutes. $25k

----> Pro (level 25) - Kill Switch Jammer - Cooldown 7 minutes. $50k

----> Super (level 40) - Kill Switch Jammer - Cooldown 5 minutes. $75k

----> Ultimate (level 50) - Kill Switch Jammer - Cooldown 2 minutes. $100k

Improvements can be brought constantly into the game, all you need is a bit of imagination and will. Judging by EA's track record (pun intended), they lack both will and imagination so expect no changes to happen.

You already spent the money on the game and that's what EA wants. 

@EA Prove me wrong. I dare you!

Message 29 of 79 (1,349 Views)

★ Apprentice
@TheN00bIsPlaying Wow great reply and really good ideas there. I do like the point you bring that the mechanic makes it so you play with 1 car the whole time. I did buy the subaru sti, but since I don’t have anything on it and it is not high perf yet, i never play with it since to outrun the cops, you need a beefy fast as lightning car.

Great points there, thanks for contributing to the topic!
Message 30 of 79 (1,345 Views)