Re: Losing money when getting busted is not a « fun » mechanic.

by NotoriousPoutine

Original Post

Losing money when getting busted is not a « fun » mechanic.

★ Apprentice

I found myself really stressed, « gambling » my RP and see if I want to do one last race, or one last heat level before calling it a day. Honestly, it is exciting, wonderful job you did on that concept.

The only flaw that I see is the fact that if you do get busted, you lose a tremendous amount of money. I would have expected a money lost caused by being busted, but not that much, it is a little bit intense.

To go around this quite unpleasing mechanic (after losing pretty much 60 000$), i just spent all my money, had my BANK at zero, and then went for night racing for straight 6 hours... not because I wanted to only race at night.. simply because that way i wouldnt lose money.

This « money losing mechanic », since it is a bit intense on the actual amounts lost, leads player to go around it and play night for so long, and then play day to gain a lot of money, spend it all, then go back to night. Basically, it makes the progress of gaining money and RP sinultaneously not so pleasing.

I find that loosing pretty much the majority of your RP of the night is already a pretty costy price, and I would imagine a smaller BANK reduction would be better. A flat price per heat level when busted could be good. Maybe later in the game, you gain so much money that it doesnt matter that much, but for the first 5 hours of gameplay, it makes it not the good stress, it makes it plain discouraging.

Message 1 of 79 (22,705 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Cry about it somewhere else, getting busted costs you money. Fines, impounded car, etc. 

Message 2 of 79 (22,636 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@Scirollo wouldn,t be so bad if the cops were no so OP
Message 3 of 79 (22,598 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Believe me I know.

You seem to be missing my point.

Message 4 of 79 (22,590 Views)

★★ Expert

@NotoriousPoutine 

I'm fully agreeing with you on the round about way to get money at night but it sure takes a while to pocket huge amount of money.

The cops and the excessive force and fines drive me bonkers!

I think Ghost Studios should have named this game. ( NFS Police State).

Because this NFS Heat is totally ridiculous.

Best regards to you and I wish we could buy a tank to run the cop cars over with in NFS Heat game....LOL😁👍

Message 5 of 79 (22,584 Views)

★ Apprentice
@BLVD69 Haha that is right! 😂👍
Message 6 of 79 (22,575 Views)

★★ Guide

You guys asked for police chase in the next Need for Speed right ? so stop crying and deal with the concequenses, i am fine with all the "Losing money when getting busted" its part of the game if you don't like it go play Burnout Paradise.

Message 7 of 79 (22,515 Views)

★ Apprentice
@selticus1978 Why are so much people in this thread talking about crying and being so butthurt about constructive opinions?
What are you even talking about 🤦‍♂️
Message 8 of 79 (22,503 Views)

★★★★ Pro
@BLVD69 A more suitable name should be Need For Sheriff Heat.But not suprising,since Rivals already have buffed police in it.
Message 9 of 79 (22,499 Views)

★★★★ Novice

It essentially is gambling, but at least not with real life currency on loot crates. When the Gameplay Trailer came out, they made it clear you risk a lot during the night as the Task Force will be harsh. It shouldn't have been that surprising that the cops would be hard. Personally, I'm okay with this mechanic as it makes the nights a lot more intense and dangerous as it's supposed to be. 

Message 10 of 79 (22,491 Views)