Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: Losing Loot and Items due to disconnect during Tomb Freeplay Mission?

by Ri0tous

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Losing Loot and Items due to disconnect during Tomb Freeplay Mission?

★★★★★ Newbie

I was playing in Free-play because of the Tomb Challenges Mission, I was a good 30 minutes in and had picked up a fair amount of items. I had also explored 3 of 4 Tombs and was on my way to the final one. Suddenly I was thrown out of the game because "Server has shut down" and then I was placed back in the main room. I checked and saw that I still gathered the XP and made progress with the mission. I then made my way to the Forge and I had no new items... I'm just wondering if the items you get from the Tomb Freeplay mission are special in any way and I'm screwed down the line, or if I'm just down 30 minutes worth of loot from server issues?

Message 9 of 15 (112 Views)

Accepted Solution

★ Guide

What i have noticed from personal experience is that public Expeditions (ie. Free Play, Strongholds, story missions in public mode and quick missions all use an EA server or uses a peer to peer system (not sure which one) and therefore i get random disconnections, it can be in 5mins or go with no problem for 60mins and then i get disconnected after not even 5mins.

When i play private expeditions doing story content or the contracts, i never, EVER get disconnected, which is why i think private expeditions are hosted by the player in question and if you are in a group, then i think the leader that starts the expedition hosts it....its the only logical explanation that explains why public mode gets ALOT of disconnections, but private ones do not get any at all....in my experience that is.

View in thread

Message 15 of 15 (120 Views)

All Replies

anyone else getting randomly dc during free play?

★★★★★ Novice

it doesn't even say disconnected or anything , one sec im playing free play next thing i know im in the main menu. 3 Times in a row now. Over an hour of farming and i lose all my rewards!?

Message 1 of 15 (128 Views)

Re: anyone else getting randomly dc during free play?

★★★★★ Apprentice
Yes, that is why I leave when I get something good.
Message 2 of 15 (123 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

@ServireEtTueri wrote:

it doesn't even say disconnected or anything , one sec im playing free play next thing i know im in the main menu. 3 Times in a row now. Over an hour of farming and i lose all my rewards!?

I am on Xbox and it has happened twice since I've started playing at launch and I was able to rejoin the expedition both times, hopefully it we be resolved for you before too long. Both times my loot was still in my backpack.

Message 3 of 15 (121 Views)

★★★ Guide

Its happening on PC too..this last tyrant run we had no spiders spawn 3rd leg of the stronghold..we just stood there waiting for chest.Their hamsters are dying.

Message 4 of 15 (114 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

cant open the 3rd temple in freeplay now either -.- says not active challenges but i still have a mission telling me to open said temple fml

Message 5 of 15 (111 Views)

★ Guide

Free Play and any public Expeditions are played on EA servers or a player's connection, hence why disconnections occur, but private expeditions are hosted by the player and that is why i have never, EVER been disconnected from the game when playing in a private expedition, but i have been disconnected ALOT in free play and even strongholds or when i do quick missions.

Overall, if EA/Bioware made it possible to do private expeditions everywhere, there would be no disconnections at all.

Message 6 of 15 (96 Views)

★★★★ Novice

After literally 2 hours and 30 minutes on hold, i finally talked to someone at EA about this exact issue.

In fact i'm on the phone with the tech support guy right now, on hold again..., and he tried to tell me that maybe my anti-virus caused the issue or that maybe i need to open a port. Nonsense stuff really, since it's a known issue their end. My internet didn't just stop working, the servers futzed up and booted me and caused my progress to not properly sync up.

After having just hung up with the support guy, he told me that there was nothing they could do about the loot or the progress BUT that once the devs solve the issue that every player effected would be compensated. I asked for all that to be documented in an e-mail as well (hopefully that comes soon).

The support guy also said they don't really fix issues, they just offer support advice...

Message 7 of 15 (87 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

Yes all sorts of weird errors pop up..

Lost connection with EA servers

Player Data Error

Server Closed...

It gets old fast i tell you that. And i'm on PC, serious server issues.. At least on the Oceanic servers..

Message 8 of 15 (84 Views)
Highlighted

★ Apprentice

@G0DLIKEG00SE985 wrote:

I'm just wondering if the items you get from the Tomb Freeplay mission are special in any way

lol, aint nothing special in this game, its all generic. 

When you pop back into freeplay they will most likely be in your backpack and you can end the freeplay and get the loot its a common issue and you will get the items eventually normally 

Message 10 of 15 (102 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help