Lord of the Rings Battle for Middle Earth Trilogy

by Encosen

Original Post

Highlighted

Lord of the Rings Battle for Middle Earth Trilogy

★★ Newbie

Would it be possible for EA to bring back The Lord of the Rings the Battle for Middle Earth, The Lord of the Rings the Battle for Middle Earth II, and The Lord of the Rings Battle for Middle Earth Wrath of the Witch King  and have them placed up for purchase in the Origin Store?? I know there are a lot of fans out there who would love to see a return for these games. For any developers or game managers out there, see if you can't find a way to have these games be brought back for purchase. If enough people talk about it, we may be able to bring these games back for all of us to enjoy!!!

I was speaking with an advisor from EA who recommended that i take this step to bring this to light on the forum so I hope i can reach the right people here. Also, to the advisor who was speaking to me on the matter, I apologize for not paying attention to the chat and thank you very much for all of your help. 

Message 1 of 4 (576 Views)

Re: Lord of the Rings Battle for Middle Earth Trilogy

@Encosen Sadly, EA does not have the license for LOTR anymore. The license is now with Warner. So EA can't sell, remaster, remake or make compatibility patches for any LOTR title that they've developed. 

It's unknown for how long Warner got the license, so it may be a while until it will be again up for bidding. But i doubt that EA will go again for an external IP. Most of the big publishers/developers prefer to develop their own IP's in our days, as the licensing cost increased a lot in the past 10 years. As when a license expires and moves on the sales of the developed products must stop, most of the big guys prefer to create their own IP's. That way, they are not dependent on the length of the license and have complete control over their products. 

Unless the copyright law changes to take in consideration such situations, we will probably see fewer and fewer games based on external IP's. 

I would love to see EA's LOTR: BFME series back in sales, too, but i am aware that the possibility is really low and unlikely to happen in the near future. 

I do not work for EA and i am not associated with the company in any way. I am a player just like you, trying to help wherever i can.I will not answer to any unsolicited PM.

Message 2 of 4 (510 Views)

★★★ Novice
That's very sad. I remember I've spent a lot of nights developing my citadel in the LOTR: BFME.
It was great.
Message 3 of 4 (403 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Well, middle earth: Shadow of Mordor seems to be a good LOR game, of course it has nothing in common, but since there is no other game, this might be a good alternative. Sincerely I don't understand why there are no other LOR games, there are so many interesting characters and stories that could be described in a movie or in a game. It would be really interesting to play an RPG game based on LOR universe, a big map with all the interesting locations, open world with a huge number of interesting characters that could be upgraded. I think it would be able to introduce even Tom Bombadil in this game. If you don't know who is this, you can check his biography here thetolkienforum.com. More than that, you will find all the character biography there, so go on and check it, and I hope EA will hear me, and they will make this game.

Message 4 of 4 (218 Views)