Re: Looting deathboxes with controller is unfair

by neillkorey

Original Post

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

@Coyotekins_YouTB wrote:

I guess i should be more blunt.

I dont believe your telling the truth you use a controller as your main peripheral on this game.

Your acting here like i have some sort of super power and not being able to loot and move is balancing it.

If aiming with a controller was easier then everyone would be doing it. There is only two reasons why people use controllers on this game.

1. You have a physical disability 

2. Its comfortable

Well, fair enough for being blunt... you're wrong (i fall into the 2nd of your categories), if you look across my posts where people has posted control based issues i've always been consistent in stating that i was using a controller. Then again, you're probably so deep into your conspiracy theory that you now feel that I've staged 2 weeks worth of forum posts stating I play on controller - just so I can come and troll you on this post, 2 weeks later...

Now we've got that out the way do you have some comment to add to my discussion point? or are you one of those forum posters that just says they want something because 'I want it so it's right'

Just to recap -

1. If kb/ mouse loose a benefit of their peripheral, should controllers lose a benefit of their peripheral?

2. If you're changing this difference to make it fair should you also adjust the ping system that works differently between the peripherals to similarly make it fair?

3. Should we ban mouse buttons 3-9+ given that not all mouse's (mice?) have those buttons

Message 11 of 40 (615 Views)

★ Guide

FYI no a assist at all on this game even for consoles

Message 12 of 40 (614 Views)

★★★★ Guide

op, you're talking about using a controller on pc? 

Message 13 of 40 (611 Views)

[ Edited ]

Yeah, controller on pc.

Im aware that i can probably use third party software to "emulate" a mouse and keyboard and thus unlocking strafing ability with the joystick... But that would make cursor movement and navigating menus far too clunky for a controller to be effective.

Also something like that may be picked up as a cheat program.

@theWonderChris 

These are YOUR OWN WORDS from your history.

"I'm trying to work out if there's any aim assist for controllers on PC as it doesn't feel like their is from my initial games played so far."

"You had me until you said 'OP aim assist' I play on PC with controller and i can tell you that it just isn't the case."

"This video is a guy abusing aim assist on consoles, the OP is talking about aim assist on PC which is much lower/ almost non existent based on my feelings in play,."

Based on your own words from your history the advantages a controller provides are not enough to warrant any sort of handicap. The autoaim is "non existent" to you.

So how about you explain that... Because your illogical behavior is why im doubting you.

You cant state in one forum that the auto-aim is not any issue and then clearly state here that it in fact is such an issue it must be balanced out by restrictions to player movement.

Seems like you just want to argue with people and will change stances just to argue.

Message 14 of 40 (530 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Firstly, at no point have i said that any aim assist is a balance for restricting movement. I'm just pointing out there's one advantage using that set up, and there's another advantage using another set up.

Secondly, I do change my opinions, but based on the evidence gathered and presented. When I made that post earlier in the week i'd not clocked up as many hours as i have now, and i was still switching between kb/mouse and pad to see what felt right for me. At that time I was confused as i'd seen posts on other forums and reddit hyping up the ability of autoaim in this game. I've since clocked up the majority of my total game time on pad and have a much better feel for the minimal aim assist i feel exists. I've also seen a number of video's like the one posted in this thread where people test the aim assist and prove there is some there. To clarify my position I think there's a slight aim assist - i mentioned that in comment #5 on this topic, i'll add it below:

"If we say that mouse/kb users shouldn't be able to move whilst looting death boxes, do we also say that controllers shouldn't get aim assist because mouse/kb players don't get it?? (even though it's minimal in this game)"

Finally you've once again sidestepped my follow up discussion points on the differences of pinging between kb/mouse and pads as well as mouse buttons 3-9+

Seems like you want a change because it'd benefit you, rather than actually discuss it.

Message 15 of 40 (574 Views)

[ Edited ]

And to reply about hotkeys on mice... What im talking about here is a complete inability to do something that is EXPECTED from me by my squadmates.

Extra hotkeys on a mouse might let you select something slightly faster... But it does not compare to not being able to do an action in the game AT ALL.

Id rather both methods of playing the game just feel exactly the same and be completely balanced and fair. Not some advantage/disadvantage garbage. Especially if it has nothing to do with the actual limitations of the peripheral.

I mean, there is no reason as to why we cant move while looting... There are TWO joysticks, a D-pad and 10 buttons! Thats plenty of controls to move a menu and move the character at the same time.

Message 16 of 40 (571 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@Coyotekins_YouTB 

I use a controller on pc as well and that is a choice I make why should other people be punished for a choice you make because you are not happy with the consequences of your choice. If you can give me a valid reason why anyone should have to deal with a consequence because of a choice someone else has made because in my eyes nobody should ever have to deal with something dumb because you made a choice to deal with it

Message 17 of 40 (565 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@Coyotekins_YouTB 

Can I ask why are you using a Controller pad on PC anyway?

What's the benefit of it, and if there are no benefits, why are you wanting functionality removed from other input devices?

Message 18 of 40 (564 Views)

[ Edited ]

@neillkorey I dont know what you mean by other players being punished?

Every player in the game would be affected, thus nobody is being punished since nobody can strafe while looting.

The only ones being punished right now are controller players.

@Stevoyd Im forced to do it because my back. Why i do it is irrelevant though.

And removing functionality would improve the experience for everyone wanting a fair game, and add a new tactical element to the game where looting mid-battle is more risky and realistic.

Its simply a gameplay change that everyone would have to abide by.

Message 19 of 40 (562 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@Coyotekins_YouTB 

You are dealing with a consequence from a choice you have made you are not being punished. You know of the consequence and knowingly still make the choice that is on you. It would be a punishment for everyone else because it is not a choice they are making you are wanting it forced on them because of a choice you make and that is just crazy to me. You think the small amount of controller players on pc should be making decisions for the mnk players that is selfish and unrealistic why should you affect the whole? You still have not given me a reason why your choice should have a negative affect on everyone else

Message 20 of 40 (553 Views)