Re: Looting deathboxes with controller is unfair

by Coyotekins_YouTB

Original Post

Looting deathboxes with controller is unfair

Us controller users are at a major disadvantage since we cannot strafe around while searching dead players loot boxes.

This has gotten me killed TONS of times mid-battle since its practically suicide to attempt to loot while under fire. 

Now, of course you can say "dont loot while under fire then" But heres the thing... Mouse and keyboard users can grab dead players armor to get an instant recharge or a quick upgrade off a dead enemy with higher tier armor. Which is a legitimate tactic at the moment.

Even outside of combat people will do it to avoid sneak attacks from hitting them in the head and so on.

A tactic that myself and other controller users cannot employ.

Its simply a handicap.

What i propose is forcing all users to be locked in place while looting death boxes. You SHOULD be vulnerable while looting death boxes anyway.

Message 1 of 40 (2,490 Views)

★★★★ Guide

what's preventing you from moving the left stick? 

Message 2 of 40 (2,476 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

I could see this if the game was crossplay... But there is no crossplay.. You are choosing to have that disability, but at the same time you get the aim assist so why are you crying now ?  I mean if its such a big deal then go back to keyboard and mouse then.. Oh wait ya because then you wouldn't have your aim assist right ?  If you don't see where I am getting at then you must know its not fair that people using controllers get aim assist on pc, but you don't see me coming on here making a scene. OH WAIT I DID NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Message 3 of 40 (2,445 Views)

[ Edited ]

The left stick moves your character. The left stick navigates the menus while looting... Making it impossible to move.

And the other guy replying is obviously a troll so he gets no reply.

There is practically no auto aim with controllers and this has been tested.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I31DZP2xbGk

Message 4 of 40 (2,436 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

As a controller player on PC I agree with @VenderAzura 

I've made the decision to take the alternative peripheral, I have to accept all the benefits and drawbacks that come with it.

If we say that mouse/kb users shouldn't be able to move whilst looting death boxes, do we also say that controllers shouldn't get aim assist because mouse/kb players don't get it?? (even though it's minimal in this game)

Do we block the use of mouse buttons 3,4,5 because only some gaming mice and not all mice have these buttons??? the list could go on.

Message 5 of 40 (2,423 Views)

[ Edited ]

If you used a controller you wouldnt be saying there is some advantage going on with aim assist.

Its obvious you are trying to gain a sympathetic response with that statement.

I mean, really its painfully obvious.

Aim is superior with mouse and keyboard and there is no need for controllers to be at a disadvantage due to a simple design flaw unrelated to the peripheral in question.

I really dont get it. Lets nerf the controllers ability to loot... Thatll fix him for that auto aim that hardly exists!

Why is this being argued... Its like raising the gas price because a bird * on your windshield.

Have you ever been in a situation where your team says "go get the gold armor off his body! quick!" And i have to reply with "I cant! im using a controller and im not allowed to..." And then you watch as an enemy runs over and takes the armor while he wiggles around and runs off with it.

Yeah, i have. All too often.

You guys can sit here and troll to your hearts content but this is seriously a problem.

Message 6 of 40 (2,416 Views)

Champion (Retired)

I'm gonna give you the benefit of the doubt that you are referring to @VenderAzura otherwise i'd be really embarrassed for you that you didn't read the first line of my response. 

As a controller user on PC I just don't agree with you. Yes, there's minimal aim assist, but that's not really the point.

You're argument essentially boils down to 'I can't have it so you shouldn't have it' well that applies just as much to kb/mouse players with aim assist- so denying them it would be double standards.

Same with my explanation about mouse keys - do you ban mouse button's 3-9+ because not all mice have them? Do you ban quick ping shortcuts on keyboard that we have to use the scroll wheel for on controller? - if you don't, again double standards.

It's entirely possible that we just have different play styles, perhaps i'm more conservative so don't rush in on deathboxes, maybe I loot quicker - so this issue just doesn't happen to me, but not once have I thought that being able to wiggle a bit would have saved me being shot in a hail or AR fire or a grande being thrown next to the deathbox i'm looting.

Either way, i'm not trolling, I just don't agree.

Message 7 of 40 (2,395 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

which keys do you use on keyboard to move while looting?

WASD doesnt work for me...
Do I have to set alternative keys?

Message 8 of 40 (2,376 Views)

I guess i should be more blunt.

I dont believe your telling the truth you use a controller as your main peripheral on this game.

Your acting here like i have some sort of super power and not being able to loot and move is balancing it.

If aiming with a controller was easier then everyone would be doing it. There is only two reasons why people use controllers on this game.

1. You have a physical disability 

2. Its comfortable

Message 9 of 40 (2,371 Views)

★★ Novice

There is auto aim assist, it basically confirms it on first comment of its video by the video creator:

"

Pinned by Mirko
After playing this game for some more time, i have noticed that aim assist kicks in whilst shooting! Still not that strong though..
"
So basically its a handicap + advantage you chose yourself 
Message 10 of 40 (2,360 Views)