Yes, this is a BR, the point is not really to kill as many as possible

but to survive and be the victor.

But that can also be boring for some players so they

choose too drop hot and fight early.

But anyway, just my two cents. cheers.

Message 31 of 43 (607 Views)

Re: Looting Gear ! you doing it wrong !

★ Guide

The game even gives more exp for surviving longer so getting kills isn’t the point.

Gun ho players tend to just die first

Message 32 of 43 (602 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

You're that kind of guy that keeps rushing with his duo friend, and leaves me behind with no armor or decent weapons because you gave me NO TIME to loot AT ALL. I've lost so many games for selfish people like you.

If you want to farm kills pick another game. I play to win.

Message 33 of 43 (589 Views)

★★★★ Guide

yeah but, I'm the founder of loot clan. so that's just how we do. loot FTW 

Message 34 of 43 (578 Views)

★★ Guide

@MjNaise wrote:

@VPPTrue wrote:

Yep. People like to play Apex: Loot Simulator. You really don't need much in this game. 

At all.

Plus those people who like to just afk loot the whole time get no combat experience so they end up getting owned in the first fight. The combat is fast paced in this game and guns are laser beams. If you're not quick on the trigger you're just gonna die. It's time to stop. 

Wrong... that has nothing to do with looting at all, just with general awareness and reaction time.

This is a "battle royal" game not a "team deathmatch".... and the point is not hunting others!

The point of these type of games, escpecially  Apex, is to survive (hence why all skills are more like escape/survival skills instead of offensive ones with high damage)!!!

You only need a single kill in these games... and that´s the last one to win the round, nothing more, nothing less!!!!

In Apex you even get a lot more XP for surviving than for kills.

I don´t have as many kills like those wannabe pros, yet i have more wins or a higher winrate.

All these aggressive players have to fight with what they have (because RNG can be realy bad) and often wont win the matches at all and usually are undergeared or wont even have enough ammo/shield/syringe to fight effective and long enough (unless you´re cheating and using an aimbot).

These players will never get the 300m+ kill badge either because they run in a straight line to fights and only fight close range.... meanwhile i take time to get into position, even already planed my tactical retreat if nessecary... and then i get a kill on a guy who didn´t even expect me and i get the win.... or i have so many medpacks/syringe i can outheal every single person during the last ring by just sitting far away.

And guess who gets the win and the highest amount of XP.... not the guy who made 10 kills, but me who won the round even having only 1 kill!!!

I win all the time with lots of kills, almost 3 in a row this session. I lost one in between due to bad luck on landing with only a duo :/ . Just got out of a win with 7 kills 800 damage. Not insane, I know. But way more fun than doing literally nothing.

You CAN win AND get kills. 

Message 35 of 43 (573 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Why it takes me forever to loot is because there are nothing but Mozambique Shotgun, P2020, G7 Scout. None of which give good results. This game tends to be more of a feeding game when it comes to the loot.

Message 36 of 43 (564 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I totally agree, but after this "weapon drop balance" it's a bit harder, first to get 2 weapon (without be Mozambique, P2020, G27-Scout), second to get 100-200 of bullets (only energy is possible) and Helmet/Body lvl 2 or highter!

Over 70% of loot I saw in my recent matches i just found this weapons! Then after our first squad x squad win, we got more than same, found another squad and same... I just found a really good weapon when we down the third squad in rank, so finally we go to kill last squad with good loot (shields lvl 2 minimal, helmet lvl 2, R-99 and a Spitfire). 

We won this matches, my teamates did it right way, but where's the original loot of this game? I really hate find only P2020, Mozambique, G7... Devotion, Havoc and Energy Bullet.... gosh, we should drop from start ship using one of this, cause now this is only we can find fast to first fight... lol

Message 37 of 43 (556 Views)

★ Apprentice

loot provides a COLOSSAL power and survival difference and for some players certain attachments have a huge impact on their ability to kill someone

if anything this game needs to normalize looting so that people don't have to worry about such wide swings in power

Message 38 of 43 (540 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I'm not going to lie...if this is real and not due to cheating, this is equally as impressive as getting alot of kills and damage. This is nearly impossible. I imagine they found the perfect high ground in the center of the circle since they have pathfinder, or their opponents got dropped.

This was a response to the picture of the team that won with no kills and no damage.

Message 39 of 43 (532 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@Raizurhk wrote:

The game even gives more exp for surviving longer so getting kills isn’t the point.

Gun ho players tend to just die first

The system needs to be that way or else people like you still wouldn't have reached level 2. Just kidding!

But seriously though, XP is often allocated this way regardless of a developers intentions for more than one reason. If the XP distribution weighs too heavily in favour of solo actions it breeds a culture that does not work well within teams (such as actively kill steal/caring about having your kills stolen). And as I hinted to above, lower skilled players would put the game down because they weren't getting anywhere.

As that official guy posted earlier, people have their own way of getting to the end. It's fair if some of us draw the line between looting and time-wasting differently. But I certainly wouldn't read into the level system too much. It doesn't' take long before the levels become a meaningless number, no longer giving you freebies nor affecting who you are matched with. At best it's a rough measurement of how long you have played.

Message 40 of 43 (520 Views)