Re: Looting Gear ! you doing it wrong !

by OveIion

Original Post

Looting Gear ! you doing it wrong !

★ Guide

I am level 79 atm log in 160 hours . 40+ wins . I tried to play in a group but most people that add me are on the same level as if I am playing with Randoms . atm I run solo Q . 

I noticed that most people doesn't matter if they high lever or low level are just wasting too many times looting for such long time . I had games where I saw my 2 teammates spending most of the game looting and meanwhile I hear shoots around us . 

even late game when top 4 -8 teams my teammates still looting. 

It is wrong to search every house and every corner for loot . 

the right way to loot need to be like this :

10-20% of game time length need to be spent on looting ~2-3min max. 

moment you find helm , shield , 2 weapons and 1-2 shield and 1-2 heals and ~50-100 ammo . you are done . 

From this moment you need to focus to hunt enemy teams because they will have most of the stuff you looking for anyway. 

you need that fighting experience . you cannot go into top 3-5 teams and not having a single fight as  a group . 

you will come undergear , you will no know what to do because your whole time you being looting. 

Loot isn't the point of the game . point of the game is to progress to be top 1 . you doing it by hunting other squads or have an idea where they are and what fight to take. 

you cannot shift your entire focus on looting.

From the jumpmaster to the landing all you need to think off . where the other teams are landing . look around while oyu land . so you know how to manage your looting time . at time you drop in a 3-4 teams you have basically 20 sec to loot whatever do group up and kill other teams . 

I cannot understand the passiveness of so many people .

you don't need a lot of loot to be effective in battles. 

Message 1 of 43 (1,345 Views)

★★ Guide

yup, keep trying to tell people its a waste of time to loot on the far side of the map.

Message 2 of 43 (1,339 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@TheImmortalEnt wrote:

yup, keep trying to tell people its a waste of time to loot on the far side of the map.

It kind of can be. I had a game earlier where we landed at the furthest reaches from the dropship. It seemed like a whole half of the map went unlooted and my squad didn't want to miss a single thing. I know better than to run off alone when there's no advantage to it and because of that, I reached the top 2 before I even had a reason to fire a shot. We won in the end with only 3 kills between us.

Deserved or not it was so unfulfilling. I even briefly forgot that I won before I re-queued. I would even go as far as saying that I had a minor bout of victors guilt.

I've played a long list of competitive games but this is one of the only ones where concentrating too much on the objective makes you bored. BR games are not that well suited to common esport conventions and likewise I don't think this game should be taken too seriously either.

Message 3 of 43 (1,307 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

ok i'll run in to the enemy bullets with out any Armor or weapons will this make us win the game.

Stop running with out your team and try being a team player you can start there all my 50+ win come from playing as a team. having weapons to defend your self and armor to help you stay alive. I been in two man squads 10 times now and still wiped 3  - 4 team easy. stop playing the game as if it's fortnite and you'll be fine. Be a "team player", Drop meds, shields when your team doesn't have any and expect the same.

Stop running in to gun fights when you out numbered / and your team has no weapons. It will save you 100% of your dislike on the game / community.

Message 4 of 43 (1,306 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Ofc it is better to run into 2 teams fightins when ur team has 0 heals? and low ammo? No better find some at places or just from players death cases

Message 5 of 43 (1,286 Views)

★ Pro

Nah the goal of the game is not killing but winning. If I can loot all game long until there's only 1 team left, I'm gonna do just that.

Message 6 of 43 (1,261 Views)

★ Guide
pathetic to loot all game until last squad remain .
Message 7 of 43 (1,241 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I have died several time due to players on my team spending more time looting far from the circle, so they engage on battle and then it makes it really hard to get back in since You need to re insert one back on the game or try to save the others.

I think the same way, you need a gun, shields and make your way through battle, not spend several minutes looting to die in the first battle and lose it all.

Message 8 of 43 (1,217 Views)

★★ Guide

Yep. People like to play Apex: Loot Simulator. You really don't need much in this game. 

At all.

Plus those people who like to just afk loot the whole time get no combat experience so they end up getting owned in the first fight. The combat is fast paced in this game and guns are laser beams. If you're not quick on the trigger you're just gonna die. It's time to stop. 

Message 9 of 43 (1,207 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Not one of my better matches but I made more of an impact than these guys.

lots of looting.jpg

Message 10 of 43 (1,192 Views)