Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Loot test. Completed 90 strongholds at 130% & 160% &190% luck. The results...

by Sku110ne
Reply

Original Post

Re: Loot test. Completed 90 strongholds at 130% & 160% &190% luck. The r

★★★ Guide

here's a statement on luck, wich might explain differences in drops from higher tier mobs even with full luck gear.

 

"There’s one other additional detail that Holmes revealed during his Luck discussion worth mentioning. According to Holmes, different tiers of enemies have different odds of dropping certain rarities of loot. Holmes cites an example of an Ursix having an inflated chance of dropping items. Due to this tier difference, Luck has much less of an effect on items dropping from an Ursix or similar tier enemies when compared to “basic” enemies. The implication being that it’s likely not worth it to stack Luck if it comes at the expense of doing damage, since stronger enemies drop better loot no matter a player’s Luck. So it makes sense to prioritize killing stronger enemies faster than having a better chance of good loot killing weak enemies."

 

Wich also explains why people keep seeing legos dropping from the most ordinary mobs.

Message 21 of 33 (192 Views)

Re: Loot test. Completed 90 strongholds at 130% & 160% &190% luck. The r

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Ah, very good. If you're a kill all type player (which I am) running with luck is potentially more important compared to a speed run player who would benefit more from extra damage.

This potentially fits the results I see. Most of my legendary drops have occurred at a few specific spots and off of lesser mobs.

Message 22 of 33 (184 Views)

Re: Loot test. Completed 90 strongholds at 130% & 160% &190% luck. The r

★★★★ Guide

@Sku110ne wrote:

I'm not comparing legendary to every single drop in a stronghold, to figure out what percent of all drops is a legendary. I'm just comparing if you get any mw or legendary at all during a run. That's it. 


Then your percentages are worthless and you shouldn't have included them.

Message 23 of 33 (168 Views)

Re: Loot test. Completed 90 strongholds at 130% & 160% &190% luck. The r

★★★ Guide

@MisfitVillain wrote:

Ah, very good. If you're a kill all type player (which I am) running with luck is potentially more important compared to a speed run player who would benefit more from extra damage.

This potentially fits the results I see. Most of my legendary drops have occurred at a few specific spots and off of lesser mobs.


Yes, also if we check the stats in topic we can see an increase in MW loot also, one difference only being that in tyrant mine where he got more with 60% luck. Luck affects the rng of the rarity roll, so basically the more luck you stack the more MW items you will see, but when it comes to hitting ordinary mobs the roll actually gets higher from the luck affecting your chance of getting a legendary since trash mobs dont have tiers when rolling loot, since they dont guarantee any loot at all. Wich explains why everyone feels like they do. i personally have gotten legos from all mobs, titans, ursix, furies etc etc. The one thing we all stopped counting though is the amount of MWs and how they differ, wich they do, i see an increase in those regarding wich difficulty i choose to play, in gm1 i see a few every now and then and even a legendary, but in gm3 they drop all the time and in gm3 i also see the most of my legos drop. the last thing though is the powerlevel, i read that bioware said it doesnt affect, but... since powerscore increased for all my javs i see at least 1 lego per run in freeplay compared to 2-5 every week when being below 700.

Message 24 of 33 (159 Views)

Re: Loot test. Completed 90 strongholds at 130% & 160% &190% luck. The r

★★ Guide

@Haruchai01 wrote:

Interesting though meaningless imo sorry, due to RNG, 5 players could run exactly the same tests, using exactly the same Javelins and components and get 5 different results. With RNG there is no magic formula, no secret handshake, no set method of obtaining Legendary's other than killing as much as you can. I honestly think too many people are looking for the magic bullet, the guaranteed drop system,  when there isn't one.


This.

 

But more that that: 

It isn't enough data.  You need thousands of people running hundreds or thousands of missions each to get enough data to actually know what Luck does.

Message 25 of 33 (144 Views)

Re: Loot test. Completed 90 strongholds at 130% & 160% &190% luck. The r

★★★★★ Pro

@MaireDevylin wrote:

@Sku110ne wrote:

I'm not comparing legendary to every single drop in a stronghold, to figure out what percent of all drops is a legendary. I'm just comparing if you get any mw or legendary at all during a run. That's it. 


Then your percentages are worthless and you shouldn't have included them.


"Useless" for you, perhaps.  But just because a dataset doesn't include the information a second person would need to answer a second question, doesn't make it useless to the person who asked the original question then gathered data to answer it. 

 

You want data to answer your question?  Gather your own.

Message 26 of 33 (120 Views)

Re: Loot test. Completed 90 strongholds at 130% & 160% &190% luck. The r

★★★★ Apprentice

@ThandalNLyman wrote:

@MaireDevylin wrote:

@Sku110ne wrote:

I'm not comparing legendary to every single drop in a stronghold, to figure out what percent of all drops is a legendary. I'm just comparing if you get any mw or legendary at all during a run. That's it. 


Then your percentages are worthless and you shouldn't have included them.


"Useless" for you, perhaps.  But just because a dataset doesn't include the information a second person would need to answer a second question, doesn't make it useless to the person who asked the original question then gathered data to answer it. 

 

You want data to answer your question?  Gather your own.


Exactly .. Thanks 

Message 27 of 33 (113 Views)

Re: Loot test. Completed 90 strongholds at 130% & 160% &190% luck. The r

★★★★ Novice

It was my understanding that there is a cap on Luck at 90%

Message 28 of 33 (103 Views)

Re: Loot test. Completed 90 strongholds at 130% & 160% &190% luck. The r

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

@northsideglyde wrote:

It was my understanding that there is a cap on Luck at 90%


Correct. You start with 100% as a default. The most you can add is 90% and it's factored into 10% increments. ie: +68% is still factored as +60%

Message 29 of 33 (98 Views)

Re: Loot test. Completed 90 strongholds at 130% & 160% &190% luck. The r

★★★ Apprentice

false. go look up the patents EA acquired before releasing anthem. the secret handshake for best RNG in their games now is to take breaks and spend lots of money in the cash shop. you actually receive better loot RNG by tiers of amount of real life dollars you spend, and you receive better loot RNG if you return from a long break, and you get worse RNG for playing longer stretches, essentially keeping you coming back but not progressing too fast without spending. these are facts, EA legally applied for the patent to put this system in their game, and is available for you to read online if you can understand their legal talk.

 

the people doing these 100 run tests constantly are just paying to help EA test out their new system. EA never backed this game to be an amazing shooter, they backed it to test for the future pay to win games they release. hope you guys are still enjoying the game but you are just little lab rats getting played by a billion dollar company.

Message 30 of 33 (47 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help