Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Loot test. Completed 90 strongholds at 130% & 160% &190% luck. The results...

by Sku110ne

Original Post

Re: Loot test. Completed 90 strongholds at 130% & 160% &190% luck. The r

★★★★★ Apprentice

What that's telling us, is that luck is bullsh!t.

It really doesn't seem to make any difference at all.

I don't supposed you'd like to run 100 of each, rather than 10 to get a better sample size? Standard smile

Message 11 of 33 (252 Views)

★★ Guide

A friend of mine did 100 HoR runs with 0% and 83% Luck on GM2 difficulty, his conclusion is that Luck does not seem to affect legendary drops:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6E_9CLp3nBE

Message 12 of 33 (238 Views)

★★★ Guide

I  ran HoR for like a week with no drops as a MW Storm. THe day I decided to go Legendary and equipped a bunch of Legendary components that I had no use for I got 8 Legs off of HoR GM1. Second day close to that and third day comparable.This went on for a week and then I missed a day. I play the game with a friend always. When it rains legs for me Its drought for him. Today I went back and my streak had been broken but his picked up..Now its my turn for the drought

Message 13 of 33 (231 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

You have done some rather extensive data gathering there, nice one @Sku110ne 

My friend, without added luck m, consistently got more legendary drops than any of us in the squad with 60-90 added luck... we are talking about 2 to 5 legendaries in every single freeplay run... and he sent us pics...

The funniest thing is that when we removed our luck... we didn’t get as lucky as he did without luck... unlucky right? Haha

Message 14 of 33 (225 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

I have a wild theory that sometimes the game “borrows” info from other players, including health and...luck. No way to prove it, but if it turned out to be true, it would help explain why drop results are so inconsistent.

Message 15 of 33 (218 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

BUT THIS GAME DOESN'T DROP LEGENDARY ITEMS. I ONLY DID 2 RUNS...(Sarcasm)

Message 16 of 33 (214 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@Banfilidh wrote:

I have a wild theory that sometimes the game “borrows” info from other players, including health and...luck. No way to prove it, but if it turned out to be true, it would help explain why drop results are so inconsistent.

Didn't a developer actually say that's what the health bug was doing?  Maybe other stats are similarly broken...

Message 17 of 33 (210 Views)

★ Guide
Thats pretty interesting. Nice work writing your loot results down. But I guess that last column is just a good example of how the loot system is still RNG. There can be exceptions, and I think that's also good.

Overall the result shows that the loot system is actually working.
Message 18 of 33 (179 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

So...TLDR:

Loot is still RNG

Message 19 of 33 (172 Views)

★ Guide

First, great job capturing some numbers over almost 100 runs with different setups.

That said, with a limited sample set only so much can be gleaned. I'm not referring solely to the number of runs.

Lastly, this is another example of how little we really understand what is going on. The game could potentially change enough in the coming weeks/months making data gathered today of little value. Example: Refining the drop system to only drop loot applicable to the javelin in use - Could this impact the effective drop rates and the chance to receive a duplicate?

It's beautiful, fun to play and we get to fly & swim. Beyond that, we may have to wait for bit until things settle down.

Message 20 of 33 (124 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help