Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Loot test. Completed 90 strongholds at 130% & 160% &190% luck. The results...

by Sku110ne

Original Post

Loot test. Completed 90 strongholds at 130% & 160% &190% luck. The results...

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

I used the same javelins the entire time, and varied 2 item to change the luck percent from 130 to 160 to 190% on GM1. HoR was the worst. Something happened to tyrant mine. It was doing well but after last patch or so (last 5 lines over last 7 days or so) it dried up. Scar temple was the best at 130 to 160%. If you factor out times I got multiple legends in 1 run, I averaged about a 21% chance of getting 1.5BAF5FA0-2420-4B4E-B94E-01851DA5CBCA.jpeg

Message 1 of 33 (918 Views)

Re: Loot test. Completed 90 strongholds at 130% & 160% &190% luck. The r

★★★ Guide

so for you..heart of rage gives better loot in the 160 range while tyrant mine and scar does betterin the 190 range..now is this the 190 on your gear? Or does this include the 100% supposedly given to us at level 30?

Message 2 of 33 (905 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

So basically luck is fubar. It should scale loot drops higher and better with more luck. HoR so-called up in quality (barely) and not in quantity. Tyrant was dead even across the board until it died. Scar was inverted.

Message 3 of 33 (904 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

@Ticklepink68 wrote:

so for you..heart of rage gives better loot in the 160 range while tyrant mine and scar does betterin the 190 range..now is this the 190 on your gear? Or does this include the 100% supposedly given to us at level 30?

You start with a base of 100%. I then added items to test at +30/+60/+90% more. Max allowed is 190%

Message 4 of 33 (892 Views)

★★★ Guide

For being GM1 only I would say thats a good rate. Now do GM2 and GM3 so we can see numbers there.

I see most of my leg from GM2 because I tend to run that more. But when I run GM3 I get leg quite often usually at least 1 for every 2 chest runs, when we kill the boss someone always gets a leg and usually more than 1 person.

I still think GM2 is the best for leg runs, only because GM3 HP pool is to high for the drop rate. Either up the drop rate in GM3 or reduce enemy health scaling. Enemy damage is fine to me.

Message 5 of 33 (890 Views)

★★ Pro

Interesting though meaningless imo sorry, due to RNG, 5 players could run exactly the same tests, using exactly the same Javelins and components and get 5 different results. With RNG there is no magic formula, no secret handshake, no set method of obtaining Legendary's other than killing as much as you can. I honestly think too many people are looking for the magic bullet, the guaranteed drop system,  when there isn't one.

Message 6 of 33 (888 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

reason I ask is I have been seeing stellar results at 285% in HoR GM1. At this point my best legendarys have luck on them.. The only legendary components I can use has luck on them..at this rate I have been trying to see how I can replace  legendary support stuff with no Luck but its hard to give up an extra 20% damage.

Message 7 of 33 (887 Views)

★ Apprentice

Thanks for sharing!! It does seem they have "fixed" the luck factor..

Message 8 of 33 (839 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Hang on now, this isn't really valid, at all. You've omitted a large amount of data. In order to properly give a percentage to the Legendary drop rate, you need to include all the drops. Blues, purples, orange and yellow in both items and materials since mats are in the chests now. I wager once you include that data, I'll bet the percentage drops to 1%-5% for Legendary drops if that. When you omit data you get false results.

Then factor in the value of the legendary drops. Are they useful? Just because it's a Legendary doesn't mean it's useful. I'm sitting on 4 Legendaries that are useless since the inscriptions are terrible. It's not just about how many drops, it's about how useful they are. At that point, I bet the useful drop rate is .5%-1%.

You have to include all the drops.

Message 9 of 33 (781 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I'm not comparing legendary to every single drop in a stronghold, to figure out what percent of all drops is a legendary. I'm just comparing if you get any mw or legendary at all during a run. That's it. 

Message 10 of 33 (737 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help