Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Loot system means no progression.

by bell16

Original Post

Loot system means no progression.

★★★★ Novice

So I've been playing Anthem since launch and have hit a progression wall thanks to the ridiculous loot system.

Since the last update I have received ZERO Legendary drops...I'm lucky to get a Masterwork. I'm unable to go into GM3 as I am not high enough gear score and I receive no Legendary drops from GM1 and GM2.

What I am left doing is playing ths same content day after day with no reward amd no progression.

Its made worse by seeing various You tube videos with people having FULL Legendary Javelins for EACH class.  

The game is a farce and will come to a quick end if the developers do not address this issue.

There is simply no point in playing the game.

Message 1 of 21 (494 Views)

Re: Loot system means no progression.

★★★★★ Novice

Welcome to the Bioware endgame, plus this may happen to you....you get legendary's but they are already ones you have so you see no increase in power. I hadn't got a legendary for about a week and a half, today I got one for the third time....post a pic if this is happening to you. They need to see this and fix it, make it so we don't get the same leggo over and over, or increase the drop rate this is bad game developing 101. 

Message 2 of 21 (470 Views)

★★★★ Novice

The picture you have posted is nothing like my experience in Anthem. I have NO Legendary gear items. I've played every day since launch and still need Masterwork gear items for some Javelins let alone Legendaries.

My friend is having the same issues. We do all activities on GM1 or GM2 and get nothing.

Message 3 of 21 (452 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Yep, its a broken system, I actually played my colossus the most but I got drops for my ranger so I gave up on the colossus which has no leggos. The problem in the game is the loot doesn't drop near enough and drops at very weird rates. You will go a week without a leggo then get 2 in one run. Plus masterwork barely drop, maybe one or two per GM2 or 3 run. The developers have gone silent because I think they realize that the game is failing and now they are looking for a way out. If they would just listen to pretty much everyone who plays this game they could have time to right the ship. Increase loot drops, pretty simple. 

Message 4 of 21 (443 Views)

★★ Guide
I think one of the developers have said on Twitter or reddit or some nonsense 3rd party site that they're planning to change the loot system in the next few months. Only thing is, we have no clue when that will happen, and we dont know the direction they're planning to take. I was looking forward to Anthem for over a year, I was hoping it would be the next Destiny, better than Destiny, but it isn't.
Message 5 of 21 (431 Views)

★★ Guide

Look I got 5 Legendary and 2 Elysian cache :O)

I am so happy ! 

cheer 

Message 6 of 21 (423 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@PinkieNymph wrote:

I am so happy ! 

cheer 

Firstly, that was rather rude of you. Secondly, those are MW drops, not Legendary. Thirdly, cache items are normally crap. 

Message 7 of 21 (403 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@PinkieNymph wrote:

I am so happy ! 

cheer 

Elysian caches are not some ultra special uber drop so pretty pointless to mention them really

Message 8 of 21 (394 Views)

★ Apprentice

@ragnarokfps 

I believe they mentioned it in a Livestream as well.  Definitely remember hearing this.

Message 9 of 21 (387 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I doubt you could find a lot of people who are happy with this incarnation of Anthem. I know I was looking forward to it for a long time. Even with Javelins above 700, GM2 is just plain time consuming. Not really harder, because the dynamics don't change. However, it takes way more time to down the strengthened mobs than in GM1 and I would be okay with that if I wasn't still getting blues and purple drops but no more MW than I see in GM1.

On another note, I've played my Colossus exclusively for 4 days now and all I want is a MW flamethrower. I don't care about the stats anymore. I just want one. I've gotten more Railguns and Shock Coils than I can count. 

Did they remove Flamethrower Master works? :P

Message 10 of 21 (378 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help