Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: Loot system means no progression.

by bell16

Original Post

★ Apprentice

@Atroxcasus 

On the contrary, there are plenty of people posting on forums who are happy with the game, though they wish to see some decided growth.  I for one being part of that group.  GM2 is only time consuming if you are not equipped in MWs.  GM1 is for farming Masterworks. GM2 is decidedly more difficult, as the enemies deal more damage and have more health.  If you're not up to par (which I'm assuming you're not as you think GM2 takes a long time...) it is vastly more difficult.  The entire point of being above 700 is that the game is NOT DIFFICULT for you...  The lower difficulties are not scaled up to your power level.  

Message 11 of 21 (290 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

I'm not sure what you think I said. All of my Javs are over 700. As it is, they all use a LMG because it does crazy damage.But the Jav can only do what the Jav can do. If the majority of mobs are shooting at you, you're shield disappears fast er than in GM1. In GM1 Colossus ground smash can one shot mobs without primers. In GM2 with primers on mobs, you rarely see a combo 1 shot because of the mobs health. 

I can't control the group members, so that's always a wild card to have quickly an engagement ends. 

But you tell me- On my Ranger my Lego LMG (which has 350% bonus damage, then gets the bonus damage from the component for LMGs, then gets 30% froma sigil, and then has a proc which boosts the damage up another 60%. Hardly what I would call under-geared. Mobs in GM2 often take more than 1 mag to kill. That's nothing but math; the gun is as strong as any I've seen posted. As you said, the mob health and dmg is significantly increased over GM1.

That being said, GM1 is not only easy for me, but of course has a lower change of the MW and Lego drops than GM2 (supposedly). 

I'm really curious as how you assume Im not up to par. Everything is MW and Legendary. MW isn't that helpful because at this point it's just a question of the stats on the item- if it's better synergy with my Jav I use it and replace the existing MW. 

In GM1, I've seen Swarm Tyrant die in the first engagement. In GM2 I've taken twice as long to get half the health gone as it is to kill in GM1. So please, tell me how it's ME when I see people @ 500-650 in GM2 and you don't think that might be the issue? 

20 DOminion in GM2 hit 3 times harder than 20 in GM1, but your Masterwork and Legendary build doesn't scale up just because you go to GM2. 

Obviously I'm playing so I like the game, but if you are honestly telling me the whole gear score/gear power not working right doesn't bother you, there's something amiss. If launching missions gets you the error loading pilot data, random disconnects, Loading into GM2 missions without any other players and so on- if all that's wrong doesn't disappoint you, I want some of whatever meds you're taking. 

I expected a much higher standard game with BioWare and EA putting it out. It looked very exciting. But at this point, the end game is just loop after loop. Go here, collect that, kiill them, next go there, kill them, blow this up; I run them every day because I want my Colossus stronger than he is. 

As far as the whole GM1/ GM2 thing let's just leave it at this: if the mobs are going to be at least two times stronger in terms of health and damage, and I get the same drops as I keep seeing in GM1, what's the benefit? In terms of a Time Spent to rewards gained, it's ridiculous to see blues drop in GM2. 

Making the statement that GM2 is only time consuming if you're not equipped is doubly ridiculous because I said even with a Javelin at over 700; my ranger is legendary but I forget the score, but My damage remains constant from one level to the next, so how is it you decide GM1 is now easy, I'm going to GM2 and it doesn't take longer to kill things. it means I'm undergeared. Your damage doesn't change. Mobs do. How does it NOT take longer to down them? I'm honestly confused. If you get into a fight and whoop someones * in a fight because of your martial arts and him being the same size as you, does that mean you're going to fight someone larger and more skilled and still down the guy as fast as you did an equal opponent? 

GM1 is for farming masterworks is just condescending coming from you because of your "assumptions" that I'm not geared if fights take longer. You even go out of your way to point out the GM2 mobs are tougher. Let's say a random squad kills Tyrant in 4 minutes, and for math's sake lets say that's 100 thousand points of health.It goes against logic and mathematics to say that same squad can now go to GM2 and kill the Tyrant in the same amount of time even though it has 400 thousand health now. Same damage output versus higher health= longer to take down. 

*Edit: I double checked and I did specify "even with Javelins over 700..." so if you're 61 and 75 gear is stronger than mine in terms of maybe the stats for damage, ammo, etc maybe that accounts for it. I can solo and mission in GM1 and the same ones in GM2 plain old take longer because as you point out- the MOBS are way tougher. 

Message 12 of 21 (279 Views)

★ Guide

GM3 is for farming Masterworks.  You'll get about 15 per hour in Freeplay.

Of course if your playing GM3, you don't care about MWs.

If you want Legendarys...GM1 HoR.

Message 13 of 21 (260 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@LegendaryIII wrote:

GM3 content is supposed to have the highest possibility for Legs to drop so really GM3 is intended to be Leg farming

About HoR, during my entire Anthem gameplay most of my success with getting Legendarys has been in freeplay … I can count on one hand the number of Leg drops I've had from Strongholds, OK that's probably an exaggeration so I'll say two hands

Message 14 of 21 (254 Views)

★ Guide

@NoInstall wrote:

@LegendaryIII wrote:

GM3 content is supposed to have the highest possibility for Legs to drop so really GM3 is intended to be Leg farming

About HoR, during my entire Anthem gameplay most of my success with getting Legendarys has been in freeplay … I can count on one hand the number of Leg drops I've had from Strongholds, OK that's probably an exaggeration so I'll say two hands

Yep, GM3 should be for Legendary farming....tell that to BW.

Fact is, I know, I finally gave in and gave it a try, nothing seems to beat GM1 HoR.

I've been averaging 3 per 10 runs.  Each run is about 10 minutes.

Nothing comes close to this on a consistent basis.

Which was the point of my post...it's messed up.

Ran 8 HoR yesterday...5 Legendarys, in under 1-1/2 hours.  The problem isn't the droprate in GM1, it's that GM3 is worse on a time invested ratio.

I like GM3 FP, it's fun, but it's nothing to get 50 MWs, and 0 Legends

GM3 SH...not worth the aggravation.

Message 15 of 21 (224 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Novice

I regularily run HoR on GM1 and still receive NO Legendary drops...the fact that you receive regular drops from the same activity goes to show how broken the system is.

More and more I beleive this is a problem with our accounts/pilot data.  There should not be some people gettimg regular drops while others go weeks with nothing.

By the way, its not sour grapes, I'm glad your experience is better than some of ours. But I think we should all be having a similar experience while trying to enjoy this game.

Message 16 of 21 (214 Views)

★ Guide

@bell16 wrote:

I regularily run HoR on GM1 and still receive NO Legendary drops...the fact that you receive regular drops from the same activity goes to show how broken the system is.

More and more I beleive this is a problem with our accounts/pilot data.  There should not be some people gettimg regular drops while others go weeks with nothing.

By the way, its not sour grapes, I'm glad your experience is better than some of ours. But I think we should all be having a similar experience while trying to enjoy this game.

Firstly, no my experience if anything, has been on the bottom end.  I, after 150+ hours on a Storm, finally gave up on it.  Aside from weapons, which are universal, the only Legends it had were a few Blast seals, 1 component, zero focus seals.  (Just came back to it yesterday GL 732 now)

Switched to Colossus, he's had somewhat better luck, but only 1 Legendary is actually a "keeper".

300 hours total, at least, 746 PL is the highest I've managed.

Secondly, not just my experience, seems to be fairly common, but...RNG...and people do share their own experience, usually at the extreme ends of the spectrum. 

My experience is, for the time invested, GM1 HoR has been far more productive than any other activity in Anthem. (This backwards progression irritates me more than any other Anthem issue)

Titans, Ursix, Luminaries...killed literally hundreds combined...2...Two...Legendarys.  waste of time in my experience, others may swear they're the best farming.

Like I said...the loot system is messed up.  Athem is like Borderlands 2, with 1% the drop rate.

Message 17 of 21 (209 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I would love if Bioware actually released what the chances are in receiving Legendary drops. It would maybe give us all a better insight into how this game performs.

My guess however is that will never release this information. I'm sure it will be set at such a low figure that it would probably drive players away from the game.

They seem to be ignoring all the fan base of the game and our requests for increase drop rates. Having all Legendary Javelins seems a pipe dream at the moment. Never mind trying to get good rolls on eaxh Legendary item.

Message 18 of 21 (191 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I spent 4 days on my Colossus trying to get a MW Flamethrower. I finally did. However, my experience with HoR was fantastic. I'm thinking it may be because the Colossus has quite a bit of luck that just happen to be on pieces I'm using. It seemed like almost everything dropped at least an Epic item. I finished one run with 5 MW and 1 Lego. I think I gathered maybe 4 or 5 Legendary items, and sadly some were just rubbish components I wouldn't have used anyway. I'd say it would be a conservative estimate that I got between 15 and 20 MW. Felt like every crate dropped at least one MW and the TItan and Furies seemed to drop MW often. 

Maybe the game is just skewed with loot somehow. As it stands, I would sooner run HoR all day than even bother with GM2 because the time spent isn't (or hasn't been) rewarded any more than in GM1 events. 

Message 19 of 21 (158 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Go to my other post in this thread to see how broken the loot is in this game, compare the pictures. How many tactical onslaughts do you count? I'm done with this game until they get someone with half a brain to fix the loot situation. It is just awful and I tried my best to be supportive and I understand RNG but 4 of the same item? That shouldn't happen in any game. I would rather it just not drop. No incentive to keep playing this broken mess. 

Message 20 of 21 (120 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help