Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: Loot limit reached?! Whaaaat?!

by LegendaryIII

Original Post

★ Apprentice

There is a reason people are stutter-stepping and moving in weird patterns around a chest. Wise-up.

Message 21 of 29 (162 Views)

★★ Guide

@CaptUVentris NSo you are blaming the players for a very bad design decision made by the developers? Nice move bro...nice move!

Hope you know that i made this post back in February when people didn't knew that there is an inventory cap in missions. And Inventory cap wouldn't be an issue (as it is a thing in every other looter game) when you could just delete/drop/salvage items on the fly.

And you can defend the developers as hard you want with "but it was already addressed in a live stream" Again....this is a topic way before they even thought about this issue.

And speaking about it in live streams doesn't solve the issue. We need act and not discussions.

Message 22 of 29 (137 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

I have reached the loot limit twice (namely last week and a day before yesterday) when the legendaries dropped. Both times the legendary items were added to my inventory during the debriefing. I could not pick up these items as well as they were not listed in the inventory before I exited the game session.

Last week I had 49 items and no legendaries before opening the World Event chest. Two legendary items dropped from the chest and I was able to pick up only one of them. The loot full message has popped up when I tried to pick up the remaining items and naturally I could not pick up any more items including the remaining legendary. However, when I have finished the freeplay I had two legendary items in the loot.

A day before yesterday I have soloed HoR on GM3. Other players have joined me at the second part of the Monitor fight and I already had 50 items an no legendaries in the backpack by then. Monitor has dropped 6 items including one legendary. All of the items dropped by the monitor were added to the inventory so I had a total of 56 items during the debriefing.

Message 23 of 29 (124 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Never reached the free roam loot limit myself, because I fear crashes and try to limit freeplay to about 1 hour.

There really shouldn't be a limit at all on that though. And I think that 250 items is way too few for the vault also. I have a constant 180 with 1 of every weapon and the gear for my 4 javs, being able to only play 2-3 more missions before I have to clear more space is really annoying.

1. Vault shouldn't count currently equipped items toward the limit

2. the "Fort Tarsis" option after a mission should take you directly to your vault so you can examine loot there. And backing out if you don't care is just another button.

3. There needs to be a way to exempt some items from being scrapped, like a favorites list.

4. If there's going to be a free roam loot limit, there should be a way to replace lower tier loot with higher tier, or just give us the option of what to swap manually.

Message 24 of 29 (97 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Apprentice

If you reach loot limit in FP, you will still receive any MWs or Legendarys.

I have tested this personally, i have a knack for drop #51 being a legendary.

I think it was at patch 1.03 this no longer worked, but it does again since 1.04

And as AI_AB_AI stated above, you also get all boss loot even if full, regardless of quality.

If you want to see for yourself, next time this happens, count how many MWs & Legends you have in your full backpack.  Leave expedition, and you'll see the uncollected items will be at the reveal screen.

Message 25 of 29 (89 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@LegendaryIII wrote:

If you reach loot limit in FP, you will still receive any MWs or Legendarys.

I have tested this personally, i have a knack for drop #51 being a legendary.

I think it was at patch 1.03 this no longer worked, but it does again since 1.04

And as AI_AB_AI stated above, you also get all boss loot even if full, regardless of quality.

If you want to see for yourself, next time this happens, count how many MWs & Legends you have in your full backpack.  Leave expedition, and you'll see the uncollected items will be at the reveal screen.

EDIT: I can confirm that this works both for MW and legendary items.

Message 26 of 29 (73 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Warning message or not, the loot limit is too little, and the inability to open the inventory and salvage stuff while on a mission is painful, it did happen to me not to be able to pick up some masterwork as the limit was reached just as it dropped, thankfully i haven't been caring about masterworks for ages now, but had it been a legendary i would have been downright raging (before coming to terms with the fact that it would have probably been just my 8th "Best Defense" leg and forget about it, ofc)

Regardless, even when done properly, with regular pit stops at the fort to salvage everything, the system is annoying. One should be able to stay out in fp indefinitely and just dodge/salvage all the useless trash on the spot.

And ofc, a "salvage all" button for anything below mw is needed.

Message 27 of 29 (68 Views)

★★ Guide

@AzKnc wrote:

Warning message or not, the loot limit is too little, and the inability to open the inventory and salvage stuff while on a mission is painful, it did happen to me not to be able to pick up some masterwork as the limit was reached just as it dropped, thankfully i haven't been caring about masterworks for ages now, but had it been a legendary i would have been downright raging (before coming to terms with the fact that it would have probably been just my 8th "Best Defense" leg and forget about it, ofc)

Regardless, even when done properly, with regular pit stops at the fort to salvage everything, the system is annoying. One should be able to stay out in fp indefinitely and just dodge/salvage all the useless trash on the spot.

And ofc, a "salvage all" button for anything below mw is needed.

Why would you be raging? As stated multiple times both by others and myself legendary items have been picked up even if the loot limit has been reached at least since 1.0.4 update.

Message 28 of 29 (61 Views)

★ Apprentice
Agreed.
Message 29 of 29 (48 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help