Re: Loot drops still suck

★★★★★ Apprentice

Stack luck, 90%

Message 21 of 31 (203 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@themadbenjamin wrote:

UPDATE: 

Drops still suck.  Got some more luck gear, running 160% on gm2.  Over about 25 games played between yesterday and today I've gotten 2 legendaries and duplicates of the same 5 MW items.  

I did get a legendary Renewed Courage LMG.  Running that weapon with a total of 50% damage bonuses it takes about 1.5 magazines to drop a basic enemy.  Maybe think about further improving the damage output or significantly reducing the amount of health enemies have in gm2? Gm2 is such a long grind I cant imagine how bad gm3 is.

At what gearlevel are you running GM2?

Message 22 of 31 (182 Views)

★ Apprentice

I'ts been......like 6 days since my last legendary drop, of which I have 6 to show for my ~150ish hours of playtime. One of my friends who logs on for maybe 2 hours a week to run with me generally gets 2-3 leg drops in that time window.

Both of us are 714 power, both at the supposed luck cap.

I play gm2 with a handful of gm3 solo runs thrown in and in average maybe 2 or so MW drops per run, outside of one gm3  run inside yesterday that netted me 8 MWs. 

I'm stuck at that wierd power point where gm2 is laughably easy but I cant reliably run gm3 without better gear or rolls.

On a side note, I STILL have yet to find an endless siege. 

I enjoy the game, barebones as it may be, but being stuck in limbo unable to progress is really getting old fast. I don't even go into runs with Hope's I'll see legendaries anymore. 

Message 23 of 31 (158 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Welp play 6 rounds of gm1 cuz I finally decided to level up my storm.  Ran 90% luck bonus.

ZERO legendary

14 master work, only 4 of which were unique and only 1 with decent stat rolls.

GM1 is way to easy now but I GM2 is such a pain in the * because all the enemies have so much health mw items and weapons are practically useless.  I really hope that these issues get addressed because I really do like the gameplay a lot but it's either boring or feels to much like a job anymore.  And I already have 1 job, dont need a second.  Once again if I cannot progress and still have fun I dont see much point in sticking around. 

I played ME3 multiplayer for like 5 years and never got tired of it. I had hoped this game would be like that for me but a few weeks I am already getting fed up with the stinginess and grind.

Message 24 of 31 (137 Views)

★★★★ Novice
I have 1 legendary LMG with decent stats and 1 MW shotty with good stats. Shotty's are practically useless above gm1 tho because even with a 200% damage bonus I'm usually dead b4 I can kill most low level enemies.
Message 25 of 31 (136 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Yeah I like the absurd amount of purple because u like to run sigils as well but since this game released jve gotten barely a handful of MW/LEG that are worth a damn.
Message 26 of 31 (132 Views)

★★★★ Novice
That is where I am at with GM1/2. I can solo gm1 without much issue at all but gm2 is real hit or miss.
I work about 60-70 hours a week at my real job so I only get a limited amount of time to play tho.
Fortunately the ice is off the rivers and starting to come off the lakes so here in the next couple weeks most of my free time is gonna be spent fishing. Maybe by next winter they will have got this thing balanced out.
Message 27 of 31 (130 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@torch327 wrote:

@ShadowPhoenix_FR wrote:

They really need to stop the rare/blue drop at level 30 with GM1 settings. Reaching that level you may already be full epic item equiped.

It will be better that from level 30 & GM 1 & stronhold we could receive at least a legendary item by completing the mission.

I agree with stopping the rare/blue drop. Maybe a slight buff to legendaries in GM2 & 3, but not a guaranteed for completion of a stronghold.

Raining purples is a good thing. I use alot of epic embers for sigils so I don't get mad at all over garbage epic drops.

It should just rain purple components. Would be a quality of life improvement. Everyone just salvages the junk items into them anyways... why not save us the step of smashing F at the end of missions? 

Message 28 of 31 (129 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

@themadbenjamin wrote:
That is where I am at with GM1/2. I can solo gm1 without much issue at all but gm2 is real hit or miss.
I work about 60-70 hours a week at my real job so I only get a limited amount of time to play tho.
Fortunately the ice is off the rivers and starting to come off the lakes so here in the next couple weeks most of my free time is gonna be spent fishing. Maybe by next winter they will have got this thing balanced out.

I struggled with GM2 at the start but I persevered and now its a doddle, I think I went to GM2 at 680, I am now 704 but I could be a lot higher, I have some Legendary components and some Legendary grenades but choose not to use them because they don't suit the build I run. I loved the fact that I had to tough it out again and that it wasn't a walkover and yes I died a lot of times but I started getting more Legendary's and it got easier. I personally think the loot drop rates are about right but they will be changing them this week.

Message 29 of 31 (109 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@Haruchai01 wrote:

@themadbenjamin wrote:

I struggled with GM2 at the start but I persevered and now its a doddle, I think I went to GM2 at 680, I am now 704 but I could be a lot higher, I have some Legendary components and some Legendary grenades but choose not to use them because they don't suit the build I run. I loved the fact that I had to tough it out again and that it wasn't a walkover and yes I died a lot of times but I started getting more Legendary's and it got easier. I personally think the loot drop rates are about right but they will be changing them this week.

I dont mind the enemies damage output being increased.  What I dont like is having to put 200 rounds from a legendary LMG into a single, basic enemy to knock it down.  I find that to be the worst kind of artificial difficulty. And maybe it balances out when I get better equipment but at the rate I get legendary drops its gonna be this time next year before I find out for myself.  

Message 30 of 31 (83 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help