Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: Look, let's talk about the store for a second...

by cake404

Original Post

Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

@Halfjack9 wrote:

DJ,

Please read the similar posts by others so that you can be sure others feel as you do.

I, however, disagree with your post. The game has to make money on an ongoing basis, and if $20 is too much for you, then that's your decision. Consider, however, how much you spend for hats, shoes, t-shirts, jewelry, etc in the world - or how much you spend on cars or boats or night clubs. $20 is not extravagant. I'll probably drop $20 for several armors as they come out. If the game plays well enough to keep me here.

Also, I love Warframe, but I've paid them plenty (very plenty) - it's just spread out over many things - so as much as I think WF (and GW2) is doing it right, give Anthem a chance.

Standard smile

You are off your rocker if you think 20 bux is ok for a single skin in a game we are paying full price for. No Man's Sky has been releasing a ton of updates and cosmetics for free, they have not charged for a single thing past the initial game purchase so your argument that they need a steady cash flow is moot.

Personally I think 10 bux max for full armor cosmetics is enough. Vinyls shouldn't be more than 5, again just my opinion but that would seem to be the most fair.

Message 11 of 84 (233 Views)
Highlighted

★ Apprentice

Honestly I have one request. So long as I can earn all cosmetics by using in game currency, then I’m happy. After that you can set any price you want for the payment of these items. I don’t care if it’s $50 for a pink leg. You guys do you, just allow me to earn the items too. 

Message 12 of 84 (222 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Apprentice
I would pay $5-$10 depending on how badass the skin looked. I paid $5 for a cape in Warframe, I use it on every frame too.
Message 13 of 84 (221 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Apprentice

@OGgiraffrey12345 wrote:

Honestly I have one request. So long as I can earn all cosmetics by using in game currency, then I’m happy. After that you can set any price you want for the payment of these items. I don’t care if it’s $50 for a pink leg. You guys do you, just allow me to earn the items too. 

You forget, just because you "can" buy it with ingame currency, doesn't mean you will be able to. Issues with other EA games have shown that they have require hundreds of hours of gameplay farming to earn enough currency for 1 purchase, so you can feel "pride and accomplishment".

Honestly, were the game not coming out under EA's label, most people wouldn't be that worried about it. It's debatable whether or not that's fair to Bioware to have to go up against that stigma.  

Message 14 of 84 (208 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Guide
@DJFlare84, I agree with you. $20 per set is egregious. I was planning on buying a set for each of the four, but that's going to cost me $80. That's too much. My cap is around $40 for cosmetics on a game. Good rule of thumb is in-game cosmetics shouldn't cost more than the game.
Message 15 of 84 (199 Views)
Highlighted

★ Apprentice

I didn’t forget anything. I’m not spending more money than I have already. End of discussion. I’ll grind out Monday if need be. I don’t care. Just make it so I can earn the cosmetics. 

Message 16 of 84 (198 Views)
Highlighted

★ Novice

it did not work with Battlefront it did not work with Battlefield... i love how they think it will work with anthem. I can afford to buy what i like, and even i think its a disgusting standard. 

Message 17 of 84 (187 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Guide

@OGgiraffrey12345 

You'll be happy to know that you can buy items with Coin (the in-game currency).  No need to spend real cash if you don't want to.  Standard smile

Message 18 of 84 (186 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Apprentice
Where do people get this number 20 from? When I saw the screenshot my thought was "This doesn't tell me anything. I don't know how much the currency will cost nor how much you will be able to gain through playing".
Message 19 of 84 (170 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
Champion

@threeQuinn wrote:
Where do people get this number 20 from? When I saw the screenshot my thought was "This doesn't tell me anything. I don't know how much the currency will cost nor how much you will be able to gain through playing".

SWTOR Cartel Coins cost around $1 per 100 Coins (although there are bulk discounts). Andromeda Points were the same way, if I recall correctly. Bioware Points from back in the day followed a slightly different model (I think it was $10 for 800) but it was in the same ballpark. It’s reasonable to assume that 2000 “shards” is basically $20.

Now, my assumption would also be that an “armor pack” contains four skins (one for each suit), at $5 per skin. Which to me feels like that’s just about pushing the upper limit of reasonable. Though I wouldn’t expect most people to buy them all as they come out at that price point.

If it’s $20 for one suit, that’s pretty damn high unless it’s an extremely appealing skin (and even then). Though knowing EA, they will probably try to sell those N7 vinyls at $50 a pop.

Heroes and Champions are community members recognized for being helpful, constructive, and positive. More info here.

We don’t work for EA. Our opinions are our own.
Message 20 of 84 (158 Views)
Twitter Stream