Re: Longest long shot badge?

by B0n3SawMcSizzla

Original Post

Champion
@pandareno1999 Most badges have been ruined by something. Even damage badges were ruined by people getting them in arenas.
Message 11 of 30 (752 Views)

[ Edited ]

@Cheese9Man As far as i can work it out, if you down a player with missile swarm and they die, you'll probably get it.  I have no idea how this works.  I think my "distance" was like 700+ meters, I made a post about it when it happened.

Message 12 of 30 (750 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have a badge for 1025/300 I got it by accident while screwing around with a kraber 🤣 

Message 13 of 30 (653 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@Cheese9Man   To me it's not really a glitch, just devs not planning ahead. The badge triggers off downing the person, not shooting specifically, hence a legend who can travel upwards with a long range damage ability can easily trigger this. I feel like Horizon can get similar results on a certain map.

Message 14 of 30 (639 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

also measures by distance but devs didn't specify ground.

Message 15 of 30 (631 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Mine says 682 / 300. All you have to do is 3rd party with a 4-8x in the right spot (probably in Olympus.)

Message 16 of 30 (608 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Mine is 1320 / 300 I don’t even remember it haha

Message 17 of 30 (542 Views)

@tristthefeared Before the badge was broken I landed a shot at about 380m with either a longbow or sentinel (can't remember which). I was on top of waterfall sniping at people who were fighting at the phase runner. Managed to land a headshot for a knock/elimination with a 2x-4x.

Distance really isn't what impresses me. I've seen people land some fairly insane shots with no scopes on targets 100-150m out. All you could really see was a few pixels of movement and the person gets lucky.

The other ones that impress me are knocking people out of the drop ship when they are being respawned. You have to line up the shot with the path they'll take on fall.. Then you have time the shot to not only just hit them, but land a headshot! it's impressive when people land the shot. I'm sure a degree of luck is involved but even still, it takes some major skill to achieve.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 18 of 30 (516 Views)

Champion

@DarthValtrex  mine was a kraber to a dudes dome whilst he flying away from a jump tower.

Complete fluke though, it'd managed it about 4 times since I started playing. Tongue out

Mad respect to people who can hit those shots in semi consistently...the lead is so hard to gauge.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 19 of 30 (485 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have a senti down at 1423 on Olympus 

Message 20 of 30 (456 Views)