Logged into Origin and lost all my progress

by zamesv

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Logged into Origin and lost all my progress

★ Novice

Hi guys,

I signed into Origin last week and I have lost all my games and progress on Apex Legends, including all my premium battle pass content, legendary skins and weapons, all stats (everything).

I had opened a support ticket with an EA Help agent (Saloni M.) who managed to recover the account and all my things.

Turns out all my account details had been changed via the EA Account Settings dashboard to unknown E-mail addresses and numbers from other countries. Weird right ?

Finally after this got fixed (and a few hours of Chat support), I decided to finally have a game to confirm everything was A-OK.

Next day, I had logged into Origins and all my stuff was gone, again.

So, the right thing to do was to jump back onto EA Help support and have them fix it again. Funnily enough Saloni was on the other end who fixed the issue really quickly.

The next day, I logged into Origin and all my stuff... again, gone. Details were changed around, progress gone and content lost... for the third time.

So, finally, back to the experts in live chat to fix the problem.

This time the advisor is confirming that none of my content can be recovered any more.

My fate has been decided, and Im now getting worried about this. The assistant is sure that the account has been recovered and restored, but all I see in my Origins Dashboard is no games, no Origin points, a different username and... you guessed it, none of my Legendary stuff.

I have tried two or three times since then, to try and have this fixed on my end so at least I can let EA patch the problem, or somehow release an update in the next few weeks.

Im sure many people are having this problem (or have had this issue), anyway I was planning on waiting like 3 to 4 weeks before playing any more.

It has become real hard-work to have this issue and fix it all over again in hopes of saving a priceless inventory in Apex Legends.

What should I do ? Are you guys having this problem ? Why is the assistant now telling me that my account content has been lost, and why have I lost my games for no reason ?

This has been, obviously a case where my account has been compromised or targeted, or hacked if you like, by other users to use. Why would someone want to play on my account anyway ?

Im also a huge fan of Battlefield V which may or may not be linked to this, I havent checked to be honest, whether or not my any of my paid-for content is there or not. Im just about to re-install all my games onto my new gaming laptop so Im trying to prepare this one before I eventually sell it.

Let me know what you guys think, Im all ears.

Thanls ! ! !

Message 1 of 5 (813 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Logged into Origin and lost all my progress

Community Manager

Hey @zamesv for issues such as this you will need to speak with one of our phone or chat support advisers who will be able to advise you further. 

You can contact our live support at help.ea.com.  

To  speak with a chat or phone adviser:

Click on your product Origin

Then select 'PC

Manage my Account'

Can't log in

Finally, you can choose to begin a chat or request a call back.

Darko

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 5 (795 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hey @zamesv for issues such as this you will need to speak with one of our phone or chat support advisers who will be able to advise you further. 

You can contact our live support at help.ea.com.  

To  speak with a chat or phone adviser:

Click on your product Origin

Then select 'PC

Manage my Account'

Can't log in

Finally, you can choose to begin a chat or request a call back.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 5 (796 Views)

★ Novice

Im sorry, im noit getting any assistance with this. I have contacted EA Suppiort in various ways, all of which have returned with 'im sorry theres nothing we can do'.

No suipport agent has been willing to help me with the problem, that is in fact a fault on EA for not properly being able to protect its users accounts.

So I will either a) request PayPal to refund my money for every purchase I have made through Apex Legends, or b) wait a few months and try the EA support agents again and, hope that with some luck, this can get fixed.

Whats the best thing to do ?

Message 3 of 5 (722 Views)

★ Novice

Hi,

Just an update.

Ive been doing some research on the issue and have come accross this link with someone who has previously had the same problem and, includes a discussion between an EA Help adivsor also.

https://devtrackers.gg/apex-legends/p/ef7d5e3f-i-lost-all-my-skins-cosmetics

The advisor suggests 'I'm sorry to say, this is not a bug. Your content is stored on the EA Account where it was initially unlocked, so changing that can cause you to lose certain progress and/or cosmetics. '.

And, an other EA Agent 'If you reach out to an advisor directly, they should be able to look into this and give you a hand. '

So, is the correct thing to be saying to an EA Advisor, that the content is currently stored on my Origins account and, I will need assistant to re-linik the account ? 

Even if you could elaborate on this, that would help me out. Thanks

Message 4 of 5 (712 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @zamesv you will need to direct any account-related questions to our live support team, we are not able to assist with anything account-related on AHQ.

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 5 of 5 (705 Views)