Lock DeathBox?

by DontStealMyMeme

Original Post

Re: Lock DeathBox?

★ Pro

If you got teammates that you don't get along with, you probably have much bigger problems than them "stealing" your loot or kills. There is no need to artificially limit interaction between teammates. Try to get along or move on to the next game if you can't.

Both suggestions are bad.

For deathboxes: what if you WANT to give something to teammate and you need to do it fast (you're being ambushed)? You take that shield cell yourself and drop it to the ground for him to take? And what if you're already knocked and he desperately needs that heal, armor or weapon? I see only problems with such "locking" and absolutely nothing good.

It's hilarious when teammate that didn't even participate in the fight comes rushing to grab that lvl3 armor from the box while you revive the other teammate, but that's just part of the game. Such teammates usually don't mark good items and hoard items they don't need and never share either (they drop what they don't need somewhere in a ditch so that you don't see those items) - you will rarely win games with them anyway. And if you all participated in a fight, well getting the kill doesn't morally make the loot yours. If they feel like giving you first run on all of the loot, good for you, but if they don't - they are as entitiled to the loot as you are.

For kills. It's kind of in the description. Whoever kills the enemy (meaning gets the last hit), gets credit for it. It would be really awkward and nonsensical if it was otherwise. That one single last hit can sometimes involve a lot of effort, much more compared to the other part of damage done (when victim is running away, trying to heal or leading you to his teammates, etc.). There's no measure to determine who "deserves" the kill credit more, so simple is best - get the killing blow = get the kill credit.

Message 11 of 15 (298 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

@EA_Darko wrote:

I don't care who on my squad gets the goods as long as it's our team the benefits from the kill. As it is a squad-based shooter I have found that there is not point in getting upset or angry with your squad mates as who knows what could happen after.

Darko

I've respawned x2 squad mates at the same time and lead them back to their death boxes. If they can pick up everything they had, it makes our squad stronger. If I loot all the good stuff, I'm then carry dead weight until they can find loot..

On a side note, If I'm happy with my gear, I'll not bother and let my team mates go first. If one of my team still has white armour I'll let them have dibs.

It's the same at drop in. Once I have a gun I'll leave the others for team mates. People are getting wise to seperating so each team mate has a "patch" to loot intead of all 3 running through one house.

People need to think "team" when playing and I think people are getting the jist imo.

Message 12 of 15 (294 Views)

★ Guide
@DontStealMyMeme I kill enemy, my team mates just looting. And I leave game. It is SIMPLE.
Message 13 of 15 (264 Views)

Champion
@DontStealMyMeme No way. Sometimes they need to loot someone quickly as another fight is coming.
Message 14 of 15 (255 Views)

★ Pro
@Silz616 xd but I want 20 kill badge
Message 15 of 15 (230 Views)